• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm checking out my orders that I have placed with Amazon. Specifically RDR2 when it was first listed at $66.51. Since I was fooled this morning to get a free Prime Membership, I debated placing another order at this point since the 20% off would come in a few dollars cheaper. While looking over my first order, I noticed this...

rdr_zpsocrufueg.jpg

What is that about? A $5 environmental handling fee?

Probably a coding error on the game. A bunch of people have it.

Yeah we all got that with the RDR2 pre-orders. I haven't bothering contacting them about it. Has anyone had it removed?

Chatting with them now. Natalie's trying to tell me it's a new policy. So I went ahead and placed another order to show her it's not suppose to be on games.

Probably a coding error on the game. A bunch of people have it.

Good to know.

Rockstar Games often have thick manuals and big maps with their games.

We are paying for dem trees.

Apparently.

Ok. It's an error. Natalie apologized. Then went to cancel the other new order and discount $5 off the first order...

AND PROCEEDED TO HAVE THE WRONG ORDER CANCELLED!

I can do a online price match (bought GTV for 39.99$ at Bestbuy.ca a few days ago). The game is out of stock online but in stock in plenty of store in my city. Will they refuse it right away because it's sold out online? Like I would need to do a price match in store for items only in-stock in a store and not online?

Returners

I can do a online price match (bought GTV for 39.99$ at Bestbuy.ca a few days ago). The game is out of stock online but in stock in plenty of store in my city. Will they refuse it right away because it's sold out online? Like I would need to do a price match in store for items only in-stock in a store and not online?

They have rejected it before for me.

Yes, they rejected it even though I can walk in any EBGames and buy it for 29.99$. In-store would just price match it. Well, fuck em, I will walk in a EB and buy it and return my other one at BB next time I am close to one.

Edit: Ok I called them. If you buy in-store, you can price match other stores and online retailers. If you buy online, you can only price match online retailers. I guess that there is an advantage in buying in-store.

Returners

Yes, they rejected it even though I can walk in any EBGames and buy it for 29.99$. In-store would just price match it. Well, fuck em, I will walk in a EB and buy it and return my other one at BB next time I am close to one.

Edit: Ok I called them. If you buy in-store, you can price match other stores and online retailers. If you buy online, you can only price match online retailers. I guess that there is an advantage in buying in-store.

What I have done before, is to go into the store. Return it, and then buy it again lol (if the deal is good enough that is)

-Deimos

FUCK! Amazon canceled my 50% off copies of For Honor and Wildlands because apparently they don't carry the PC versions any more. 50% fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Moltenix

the ps4 slim trade in deal at ebgames was changed, now you get 1 year of ps plus instead of an extra game

XB1S deal changed from the $50 dining card to Battlefield 1 as well. Tempted to upgrade my OG XB1 for $99 hmmm.

Can also trade toward the opposite slim console this week (Ps4 -> XB1 and vice versa) for $99.

Moltenix

It's also $50 in store at BestBuy. Anyone trying to justify this deal by saying a year of PS+ is worth $70 right now is lying to themselves.

Yeah, I picked up one at Bestbuy during BF. Had a whole bunch of the $50 Plus cards in gaming section and even more at the gift card area near checkout.

SickBoy

Requesting a price match from Best Buy's website is like finding that one CSR at the store who believes it's their mission to reject as many requests as possible, by whatever means necessary.

"London Drugs? No, sorry, we don't price match British retailers."

XB1S deal changed from the $50 dining card to Battlefield 1 as well. Tempted to upgrade my OG XB1 for $99 hmmm.

Can also trade toward the opposite slim console this week (Ps4 -> XB1 and vice versa) for $99.

Did they change which XB1 S is on offer though, I wonder? For the previous deal it was for a specific 500GB SKU that is no longer sold...

Aske

Yeah, I picked up one at Bestbuy during BF. Had a whole bunch of the $50 Plus cards in gaming section and even more at the gift card area near checkout.

Best Buy was out when I looked around BF, but I found a stack of them at a Walmart last week and bought three. Glad I had the chance before they disappeared. I assume those who miss out will be able to buy them from scalpers for $55-$60 for the next year or two as well, which is irritating, but still better than $70. I'm amazed people like that haven't bought them all up by now.

Renewed

Best Buy was out when I looked around BF, but I found a stack of them at a Walmart last week and bought three. Glad I had the chance before they disappeared. I assume those who miss out will be able to buy them from scalpers for $55-$60 for the next year or two as well, which is irritating, but still better than $70. I'm amazed people like that haven't bought them all up by now.

Were they really? When I asked a clerk they said they were sold out after I checked in the gaming section. I went up to checkout so they could get Titanfall 2 for me, and I saw the $50 Plus cards on the gift card section right next to me.

Moltenix

Did they change which XB1 S is on offer though, I wonder? For the previous deal it was for a specific 500GB SKU that is no longer sold...

Some folks on RFD are saying it's only the plain $299 500gb system (which is supposedly out of stock in most EB's) and not the actual BF1 bundle. YMMV.

farisr

I know it's probably more than half a year out, but I hope the Crash Trilogy doesn't pull a Gravity Rush Remastered, and gets a physical release over here. It is exactly the type of game that can do well by being on store shelves. And yeah, I absolutely want a physical copy of it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
3DS sales have been weak this year. Where are discounts for Majora's Mask, Devil Survivor 2, and Bravely Defualt EL?

How about KIRBY PLANET ROBOBOT? Hasnt gone on sale even once since release.

I know it's probably more than half a year out, but I hope the Crash Trilogy doesn't pull a Gravity Rush Remastered, and gets a physical release over here. It is exactly the type of game that can do well by being on store shelves. And yeah, I absolutely want a physical copy of it.

Activision is publishing it and it's already listed on amazon.ca

How about KIRBY PLANET ROBOBOT? Hasnt gone on sale even once since release.

Omg so true!!!!!

After getting nintendo selects for $15 or $20 (mario 2, 3d land, fire emblem, dkcr, luigis mansion), everything else has been full price or inflated used price.

Xeno: $50, pokemon: $50 ($40 if amazon prime preorder), kirby $50, fates $40 used...

So annoyed but what other option is there? Supply seems low and demand is sky high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom