• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

We should be okay, the product is already on Amazon.ca https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N7I0IY9/
Hopefully. But Gravity Rush Remastered has a placeholder listing like this before as well. But hopefully due to activision involvement, and the series having a far more wider appeal, it'll be a different story.

Edit: Okay, looks like it's for sure now. Nice.
Speaking of physical copies, in light of the recent PSX announcement:
knackgoatt3k10.jpg

Initially had it at launch via an E3 preorder, played through it with a friend, loved it, but sold it (broke even) due to needing cash at the time. Thought now was finally the time to get it again. Picked it up for $10 at the source. Going to be a permanent part of my collection now. Don't care if it shows up for cheaper on PSN or as part of PS+.

Dorygrant

So I've been needing to buy a new seating setup for my living room.

I currently have three uncomfortable chairs and want to upgrade to either a (possibly fold out) couch or even a futon type thing.

Any one know any good deals on this stuff? I live in Toronto area so I can pickup at smaller stores if you guys know any. My budget isn't very high unfortunately so I need something on the cheaper side but comfort is a must.

Tiktaalik

My NES classic just arrived. Just in time for Xmas.

I got an NES Classic day one, but I was dismayed that Best Buy was only selling the separate controllers online and so I've been trying to find a second controller online and cable extender online ever since. I ordered a Nyko cable extender from Amazon but it hasn't shipped and who knows if I'll get it before xmas.

DJ_Lae

NEW DEAL

Lego Dimensions PS4 Limited Edition (Includes extra Supergirl Figure) - $49.99 or $44.99 at BestBuy with a price match

With the BestBuy price match, I might be wrong, but I don't think it's ever been below $50, especially with the extra figure. If you're looking to get into Lego Dimensions this is the best price we've seen yet.

Damn, I'll have to return the regular PS4 edition I bought just yesterday for that same price. It was $20 more for the figure at that time, but I'll take it for free.

We already own the starter pack for 360 (and some extra stuff) but it's really rough on that system, both in terms of startup time and managing DLC packs.

Returners

Damn, I'll have to return the regular PS4 edition I bought just yesterday for that same price. It was $20 more for the figure at that time, but I'll take it for free.

We already own the starter pack for 360 (and some extra stuff) but it's really rough on that system, both in terms of startup time and managing DLC packs.

I bought it at 69.99 already, thinking if it's worth it to reorder and call in the get the price match (with a trip to the store to return the OG order), or just call in now and get a price beat at 47.99.

Mimosa97

Does anyone know if SDM's 20x Optimum points starts at midnight tonight at 24/7 stores?

What are buying ? U4 bundle or PS4 pro ?

For the 20x promotion YMMV. You should DL the SDM/pharmaprix app and check the list of stores around you and call those that are still opened. Press 2 and then 1 for customer service lol (I know cause I've called a bunch)

Takuan

What are buying ? U4 bundle or PS4 pro ?

For the 20x promotion YMMV. You should DL the SDM/pharmaprix app and check the list of stores around you and call those that are still opened. Press 2 and then 1 for customer service lol (I know cause I've called a bunch)

Was looking for a Pro, both 24 hr stores I called said it starts at midnight, but neither carry the Pro. Not in the stars for me.

Mimosa97

Was looking for a Pro, both 24 hr stores I called said it starts at midnight, but neither carry the Pro. Not in the stars for me.

Where do you live ? I had to call 6 stores here in Montreal to finally find one that carries the pro but they closed at 10 so I'm going there tomorrow at opening hour.

I've been changing my mind every 2 seconds for the last 2 weeks. First I wanted to do the EB exchange and get a slim. Then I wanted to get a pro. Then I wanted to buy a slim bundle at shoppers so I called almost every store yesterday to find one with enough stock so I won't be left out on saturday. And now I've changed my mind again and I'm about to buy a pro tomorrow.

Takuan

Where do you live ? I had to call 6 stores here in Montreal to finally find one that carries the pro but they closed at 10 so I'm going there tomorrow at opening hour.

I've been changing my mind every 2 seconds for the last 2 weeks. First I wanted to do the EB exchange and get a slim. Then I wanted to get a pro. Then I wanted to buy a slim bundle at shoppers so I called almost every store yesterday to find one with enough stock so I won't be left out on saturday. And now I've changed my mind again and I'm about to buy a pro tomorrow.

I'm in Toronto. There's probably a store that carries it, but I don't care enough to go searching tomorrow. If I happen to be close to one, I'll check it out. Otherwise, no big loss.

Mimosa97

I'm in Toronto. There's probably a store that carries it, but I don't care enough to go searching tomorrow. If I happen to be close to one, I'll check it out. Otherwise, no big loss.

Well you don't have to go in person you just have to call and check if they have any in stock.
Good luck.

SickBoy

I got my Pro a few days after launch and only recently got the free $10 from Sony. For the people who haven't yet, I did notice I got it after turning on marketing messages from Sony in my account settings (after not getting that discount code in my email last week). So maybe check that.

Takuan

Well you don't have to go in person you just have to call and check if they have any in stock.
Good luck.
Yeah, my experience waiting for someone to pick up the phone during dead hours yesterday was enough that I don't even want to bother with that.

I'll leave it up to fate.

Will

Neo Member
I'm torn about the EB PS4 trade in deal. My PS4 is just getting to the point where I'm getting a little paranoid ("Has the rumble always felt like that? Is the touchscreen clicking really loud all of a sudden? Is the system getting louder?") so a brand new PS4 sounds nice. 100 bucks to refresh the console, Uncharted 4 and a year of PS+ is a pretty good deal.

On the other hand, my free spending money is tight for the holidays and I already have a year to go on my PS+, so I'd basically be spending all my disposable Christmas fun income on Uncharted and the knowledge that I got an ok deal for the future. I also don't have a hard drive to back everything up to so I'd have to re-download so much crap.

Part of me just wants to wait to see what the Boxing Day sales will be, but eh, the slim sounds solid.

kevin1025

Banned
That Fast Track to PS4 Pro at EB Games was super nice. Traded in a couple of games that have been remastered and my Xbox One, and got the Pro for $280! The Xbox One was $200 in trade. I've been without a PS4 for three months, so it's so nice to be back, haha.

Jinto

I'm torn about the EB PS4 trade in deal. My PS4 is just getting to the point where I'm getting a little paranoid ("Has the rumble always felt like that? Is the touchscreen clicking really loud all of a sudden? Is the system getting louder?") so a brand new PS4 sounds nice. 100 bucks to refresh the console, Uncharted 4 and a year of PS+ is a pretty good deal.

On the other hand, my free spending money is tight for the holidays and I already have a year to go on my PS+, so I'd basically be spending all my disposable Christmas fun income on Uncharted and the knowledge that I got an ok deal for the future. I also don't have a hard drive to back everything up to so I'd have to re-download so much crap.

Part of me just wants to wait to see what the Boxing Day sales will be, but eh, the slim sounds solid.

I didn't wanna part with my launch PS4 either. It was still in really good condition and I get attached to my consoles. I would have preferred free PS+ rather than the free game, but I did the trade in and have no regrets.

You can easily sell Uncharted and the PS+ subscription for a minimum of $60, so $40 would be worth it for a refresh.

If anyone wants Halo 5 (sealed) for $20 let me know :)

In Toronto, but can ship by regular mail for a buck or two

Also have a master chief collection code, $10, PM me if interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom