• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

No_Style

Time for the annual look back at Boxing Day that was and temper expectations for the Boxing Day to come:

Boxing Day 2015 Was As Expected

Is upgrading from a OG 500gb PS4 to a slim ps4 worth it for 99 dollars? I am debating this...

Is a smaller footprint, lower noise, lower power consumption, a free game and a refreshed DualShock 4 worth $99 to you? My original PS4 was getting a little louder and my DualShock 4 was getting a little worn out too so all those little things was worth the $99 for me.

EB Games gave me Platinum Edge card that gave me a boost in trade-in-value so the total was actually $93 or so after taxes.

Then I sold my extra copy of Uncharted 4 for $30 to a colleague at work and Watch_Dogs 2 to BestBuy for $35.

Jinto

Is upgrading from a OG 500gb PS4 to a slim ps4 worth it for 99 dollars? I am debating this...

Definitely.

I didn't wanna part with my launch PS4 either. It was still in really good condition and I get attached to my consoles. I would have preferred free PS+ rather than the free game, but I did the trade in and have no regrets.

You can easily sell Uncharted and the PS+ subscription for a minimum of $60, so $40 would be worth it for a refresh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's too bad you can't easily move your hard drive over, or it'd be much easier to upgrade. Once you're on a 2tb drive, you're kind of stuck because you basically need to buy a 2nd 2tb drive in order to save everything - or, you give up and redownload all those giant patches that games come with these days.

kennah

It's too bad you can't easily move your hard drive over, or it'd be much easier to upgrade. Once you're on a 2tb drive, you're kind of stuck because you basically need to buy a 2nd 2tb drive in order to save everything - or, you give up and redownload all those giant patches that games come with these days.
I opted for unlimited internet per month for an extra 12$ just so I could not worry about how much my kids are streaming and how much downloading we do.

I feel so empty now that the Rackham asshole thread was closed.

Back to the issue at hand, Are the $10 off PSN store codes only for those who upgraded to Pros?

Takuan

Fates blessed me with a Pro. Figured I'd have a decent shot in my girl's friend's area in the boonies. Now to keep an eye out for a cheap copy of FinFan.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Fates blessed me with a Pro. Figured I'd have a decent shot in my girl's friend's area in the boonies. Now to keep an eye out for a cheap copy of FinFan.

Are pros hard to find right now?

33995443.jpg

DayEnder

Depends on where you are, but in my city I called around to ~10 stores before I found one that had a Pro in stock and it was the last one they had. I asked them to put it on hold and they were nice enough to put it aside while I drove over. Used some of my Shoppers points towards it so that was nice.

Depends on where you are, but in my city I called around to ~10 stores before I found one that had a Pro in stock and it was the last one they had. I asked them to put it on hold and they were nice enough to put it aside while I drove over. Used some of my Shoppers points towards it so that was nice.

Yeah they're becoming tougher to find since its one week until Christmas.

They've been on shelves and easy to find on launch day and for weeks after. So if you can't find one now don't worry I'm sure more will arrive ASAP. There's no massive shortage or anything.

Ondore

Should I read anything into the price for the (out of stock) New 3DS with no game at bestbuy.ca being $139.95? Isn't that a sign that it's discontinued?

MrNineties

Should I read anything into the price for the (out of stock) New 3DS with no game at bestbuy.ca being $139.95? Isn't that a sign that it's discontinued?

When I worked at Best Buy 95 meant price adjustment and 97 meant going disco. So, no reason to worry, yet.

Lol I did the pricematch since I had a rewards coupon, they fudged the pricematch the first time(forgot the 10%) and then when they fixed it they gave me a pair of gears of war socks

kevin1025

Banned

When I was in both EB Games and Wal-Mart yesterday, the EB Games I was in had six of them, and Wal-Mart never had any from what I could see. They're in stock at several Best Buy's in my city (I'm in Ottawa). I definitely don't think it's hard to find depending on where you live, although there may be a spot or two that currently don't have any.

knackgoatt3k10.jpg

Initially had it at launch via an E3 preorder, played through it with a friend, loved it, but sold it (broke even) due to needing cash at the time. Thought now was finally the time to get it again. Picked it up for $10 at the source. Going to be a permanent part of my collection now. Don't care if it shows up for cheaper on PSN or as part of PS+.

PS4 Pro Tip: Play on High Frame Rate Mode.

I just played through the game on my Pro trying out both modes and without a doubt go for the high frame rate mode.

So BestBuy sent me an email that basically said that my south Park fractured but whole for pc e3 preorder was cancelled and that they apologize. And that's it. What gives? As far as I could tell with a couple mins of googling, a retail pc copy is still being released?

I want to play the game but not fort 90 bucks.

So BestBuy sent me an email that basically said that my south Park fractured but whole for pc e3 preorder was cancelled and that they apologize. And that's it. What gives? As far as I could tell with a couple mins of googling, a retail pc copy is still being released?

Maybe keep in eye on Amazon around Boxing Day. They did drop some preorders, including South Park, down to $50 for a while. I'm not sure about the PC situation though.

killroy87

They might be getting out of the PC game business. I can't imagine they sell many of them.

Reich

Look on cdkeys!

Anybody know what the bestbuy Canada preorder codes are for? I was checking my email and i have 3 DLC codes from bestbuy.

I do not have a PS4 to check what the codes are for.

Corey31

Credit goes to Asuran1 on RFD. He posted part of the Wal-Mart Boxing Day flyer including the gaming deals.

NHL 17 PS4 500GB Hardware Bundle $299.96
PS4 and Xbox One Controllers $49.99 (Xbox black and White ones only)
Mario Kart 7 2DS Hardware $99.96
Xbox One 500GB S Console With Halo and Gears of War $329.96 and receive a $30 Walmart Gift Card

$29.99 Games
Deus Ex Mankind Divided Day One Edition
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Mafia III
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Call of Duty Black Ops III
Gears of War 4
Doom
Tom Clancy's The Division

$49.99 Games
Watch Dogs 2
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
NHL 17
Dishonored 2
Battlefield 1
Final Fantasy XV
Fifa 17
Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack

killroy87

Credit goes to Asuran1 on RFD. He posted part of the Wal-Mart Boxing Day flyer including the gaming deals.

Xbox One 500GB S Console With Halo and Gears of War $329.96 and receive a $30 Walmart Gift Card

$29.99 Games
Mafia III
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Gears of War 4
Doom

$49.99 Games
Watch Dogs 2
NHL 17
Dishonored 2
Battlefield 1
Final Fantasy XV
Fifa 17

There damn well better be a discount on Steep somewhere

Would anyone happen to have one of those $10 off $100 for Best Buy from the Reserve in Store that they're not planning on using? Was going to do an order later and it would be really helpful.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

$29.99 Games
Mafia III
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Gears of War 4
Doom

$49.99 Games
Watch Dogs 2
NHL 17
Dishonored 2
Battlefield 1
Final Fantasy XV
Fifa 17
Hmm, maybe I'll finally jump on Xenoverse at that price, but I'd much rather go digital so I can gameshare with a family member.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hmmmm, maybe I'll get Watch Dogs 2 for the Pro, but I wanted to buy Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank.
Hopefully Uncharted 4 is $30 at Amazon/Best Buy.

Jinto

Hmmmm, maybe I'll get Watch Dogs 2 for the Pro, but I wanted to buy Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank.
Hopefully Uncharted 4 is $30 at Amazon/Best Buy.

Where are you located? I have an extra copy of Uncharted that was bundled with my Slim. I can give it to you for $30 shipped if you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom