• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Amazon Prime Video

My best guess is that all of the streaming rights for the shows on Shomi actually expire at end of year 2016. Whether that's fiscal or calendar year is anyones guess. But I bet they all will gradually transferred over in January or April.

AAK

You get $200 trade in value for any XBOX One or PS4 at EB when trading in towards one. That's about the closest thing to a "deal" for one.

Thanks, I just checked the website. Also found a deal where you can trade up to 5 games worth $8 or more towards a PS4Pro and get $20 off each. I think this'll work. Appreciate the help!

kevin1025

Banned
RE: Amazon Prime Video

My best guess is that all of the streaming rights for the shows on Shomi actually expire at end of year 2016. Whether that's fiscal or calendar year is anyones guess. But I bet they all will gradually transferred over in January or April.

Yeah, a while back I saw that a good chunk of the Shomi stuff had summer 2017 (possibly July?) as their license end date. So a lot of that stuff is still in limbo, I think, since I don't know how service ending and license dates affect each other. I can't check myself, but apparently season three of Transparent isn't on Prime Video here, which might take a while since it was put up on Shomi in late September. So certain things might be six or eight months out from appearing, unfortunately.

daevv

Question for Canadian PSN people. Have any of you who got the 20% off code in the newsletter used it to buy a season pass on PSN? Specifically the Battlefield 1 Premium? I keep getting errors the last few days trying to buy it on cpu or my PS4. Wondering if it is a Canada thing or my account.

Grimsen

Question for Canadian PSN people. Have any of you who got the 20% off code in the newsletter used it to buy a season pass on PSN? Specifically the Battlefield 1 Premium? I keep getting errors the last few days trying to buy it on cpu or my PS4. Wondering if it is a Canada thing or my account.

I bought the sf5 and Uncharted 4 season passes with the 20% coupon. No issues on my end.

GW_Superhero_Magellan-Canada_1500x300.v2._CB525160700_.jpg

GUYS! We finally got our Amazon Prime Video! There's no extra cost on it if you are a Prime member!
https://www.primevideo.com/ref=dvm_crs_gat_ca_ko_gw1 target=?quot;=";new=

For those who got a Prime, can you guys check the video content? :D

Pretty sparse, but at least it's finally here. Hopefully it won't take long for them to expand the catalogue.

PlayerOne

Banned

Maybe season passes are not included in the 20% off code?

Or it might have already expired.

If you don't want it, can I have it? :3

daevv

I bought the sf5 and Uncharted 4 season passes with the 20% coupon. No issues on my end.

Thanks. It is on my end I think. I just tried to buy the Saints Row $7.49 bundle without the code and got the same error. I always used Paypal for buying on the store. Gonna try a credit card to see if that helps.

Maybe season passes are not included in the 20% off code?

Thanks. It does not expire till the 19th. I contacted Sony support on chat and was told season passes are included.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Just applied for a Best Buy credit card, does anyone know how they screen you? Do they actually call your employer to make sure you're employed? Or do they just go by credit rating?

How does this thing work?

Do you need to have the game running on your phone while you walk about?

Yes, but you can put the app in the background and/or turn off the screen with the Plus connected and the game will still be running, tracking distance, etc. It's actually really nice, though I find that the connection can be glitchy.

Switching to other apps should also work in theory, but if your phone doesn't have a ton of RAM (helloooooo Nexus 5X) then Android might still force close Pokemon Go while it's in the background if the app you've switched to is a memory hog.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, but you can put the app in the background and/or turn off the screen with the Plus connected and the game will still be running, tracking distance, etc. It's actually really nice, though I find that the connection can be glitchy.

Switching to other apps should also work in theory, but if your phone doesn't have a ton of RAM (helloooooo Nexus 5X) then Android might still force close Pokemon Go while it's in the background if the app you've switched to is a memory hog.

Thanks, could have been something neat to get my little brother a few months ago. I don't think he's even playing the game anymore though.

Is this any fun for just single player?

You'll get about 30 hours of single player if you try to do everything. The story is alright if not a tad bare bones for the most part and many side missions are the same for each zone you enter, but i thought it was enjoyable. the patches do make it more balanced as well. Unfortunately. If you want to play the new dlc survival which is pretty good, you'll need the seasons pass, although I wouldn't be surprised if that was for sale at some point as well.

The biggest thing going for it though is that its a great game to play during this Christmas period.

Except for the death and disease surrounding you.

I'm on a plane on the runway... But we are stuck in the snow and the captain and a maintenance guy are trying to dig us out. They missed the runway partly and we are on the grass.

Lol. Just needed to share.

Vamphuntr

Ridiculous lol
Dec 15 - 11:24 AM EST Amazon CA : Console Out of Stock
Dec 15 - 11:14 AM EST Amazon CA : Console In Stock for $79.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom