• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynar

You can get 50% off any album right now on Google play. You get the code by visiting the music section on play store app. I just used it on FFXV soundtrack. 👍👍

It's $14.96 at The Source, for either console. Sold out online, but I picked up an Xbox One copy locally.

Thanks for the heads up, but I might just wait until Boxing Day and grab it from EBGames. I won't get a chance to actually play it until after Christmas anyway, so I'm in no real hurry.

Sealtest

Ah gotcha. Really wish Amazon (or any Canadian retailer) was getting this:

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/435171/nier-automata-black-box-edition-ps4

Me 2 buds... me 2. I understand smaller companies doing store exclusive collectors edition but SE is big enough to limit these to a few retailers. If the import didn't cost almost $350 I'd buy one.

Just realized Nier is in my %30 off E3 order.

Good times.

That and Final Fantasy 7 are my last 30% preorders left on amazon. And with how FF7 might be episodic I doubt i'll be getting it.

farisr

As someone who despised the first NieR, should I even waste my time with this demo?
Depends on what you despised it for. If it was the controls/gameplay, then try it out. If it was the story/music or something else. Then still try it out because you may like the gameplay enough to be interested in this game.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
This is what it feels like trying to buy a NES mini

XfgyZ.gif

Clive

As someone who despised the first NieR, should I even waste my time with this demo?

Absolutely. It's made by a completely different developer, one that is known for making some of the best action games of all time. The games are like night and day based on the demo.

firelogic

Traded in Final Fantasy XV ($56) and The Last Guardian ($60) for $116.00. I made a small profit due to buying them for 30% off during E3 of years past.

Edit: EBGAMES.

firelogic

Wow, so they are actually honoring the trade value! I paid $40 I think for my copy of FFXV...

Yeah. EBGames have a 2x Trade In promo for today only. So the base prices are FFXV - $28 and TLG - $30. I put it towards Yakuza 0 so I won't be paying tax. The rest I put on Persona 5.

Where?

Do they give it to you in cash or do you have to take store credit?

Whoops. Sorry, it was EBGames. And it's store credit.

Vamphuntr

I literally refreshed that eb games page every 5 seconds and it never showed as in stock. It must have gone in less than that

Unreal

Try the store locator? It's showing stores with stock for me. At this point this trend will continue until the resale value plummets so scalpers will stop hoarding them.

EB Games gives you store credit. The credit is tax-free if you immediately spend it (pre-order or purchase) but you lose the tax if you put the credit on an Edge/gift card.

For example, say you get $50 for trading in something.

If you buy an $80 game with the credit, you pay $30+tax.
If you put it on a GC and then buy an $80 game later, you'll pay $80+tax-$50.

leeman

I literally refreshed that eb games page every 5 seconds and it never showed as in stock. It must have gone in less than that

Unreal

I think their cache'ing system broke. It never actually showed up (for me) at the URL they posted in their tweet. I changed the URL slightly and it showed. Then, stranger, 15 minutes later, it only showed up at their original link. Bit of a mess...

BadHand

Damn, a positive story about Canada Post/BB.

I ordered the NES Classic from Best Buy and it was scheduled to be delivered on the 28 Dec. was shipped out last night and arrived this morning! In time for Christmas!

If everything goes to plan I should be able to get $50 for Pokemon Moon and $80 for Dishonoured 2.

I think all TIV's were reduced. TLG and FFXV are newer and $28-30 before the doubling.

Neither are on the list of EB.

Most Wanted!

Offer Ends January 1
Select titles will have a bonus trade amount applied in them. These are guaranteed to be the best trade values. Eligible $40 value titles include: Battlefield 1, Dishonored 2, Skyrim Remastered, NHL 2017 and Call of Duty: Infinate Warfare and Eligible $25 value titles include: Pokemon Moon, Pokemon Sun,

This might be considered stacking deals though, which may not work. Hmm. It depends on what their default trade value is in the system.

Moltenix

Most of my XB1 collection is digital. Might just bring in the few physical games I have to see how much I can get for them at EB. (GTA5, Souls 3 and Forza6)

Maybe bring in some Wii U stuff too in preparation for Switch lol.

SickBoy

If everything goes to plan I should be able to get $50 for Pokemon Moon and $80 for Dishonoured 2.

This might be considered stacking deals though, which may not work. Hmm. It depends on what their default trade value is in the system.

I'm pretty confident it will be considered "stacking." I traded in Dishonored about a week after Black Friday (it just wasn't clicking with me, even though I really liked the original)... and I remember quite clearly that it had some sort of standard TIV ($20-something) that was then bumped up to $40 by that offer they've got going.

I'm pretty confident it will be considered "stacking." I traded in Dishonored about a week after Black Friday (it just wasn't clicking with me, even though I really liked the original)... and I remember quite clearly that it had some sort of standard TIV ($20-something) that was then bumped up to $40 by that offer they've got going.

Thanks. I might give it a shot anyway.

RaidenXZ

Try the store locator? It's showing stores with stock for me. At this point this trend will continue until the resale value plummets so scalpers will stop hoarding them.

And where might there stores be? :p
Cause the listing for the system isn't even on their website anymore lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom