• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

firelogic

How's the lines today at EB anyway?

Between 2x trade-in and possible NES Classic restock, i'm scared lol

I went at 11:30am. There were 3 clerks and I waited about 10mins in line. In total though, there only like 4 people ahead of me and another 3 behind me. Everyone was just taking a while to do trade-ins and ask questions.

How's the lines today at EB anyway?

Between 2x trade-in and possible NES Classic restock, i'm scared lol

I went at 10:30 AM to do my trade-ins and it still took them and additional 15 minutes to process a bunch of people in line for their Classics. Only 1 staff person...

Yeah, it's awesome. I basically paid $50 for my Slim. Would have been free if I traded in Watch Dogs 2 as well since that's going for $54 today.

Yeah notable $45-$54 TiVs include WD2, BF1, ROTR, and most things released at full price since Oct. If you bought an amazon e3 game and are done with it, this is as good as it gets.

As an FYI, you can trade toward point cards, like psn, eshop, etc if you find their in store prices too high.

If everything goes to plan I should be able to get $50 for Pokemon Moon and $80 for Dishonoured 2.

Neither are on the list of EB.

This might be considered stacking deals though, which may not work. Hmm. It depends on what their default trade value is in the system.

I was curious about pokemon and was told $30 today (was expecting $50). I guess the trade in value dropped overnight? Let me know if you hear different at your store.

Moltenix

I was curious about pokemon and was told $30 today (was expecting $50). I guess the trade in value dropped overnight? Let me know if you hear different at your store.

Pokemon was only $30 with the 2x? That can't be right, those typically hold their value really well.

lilty

So yeah, I got the Slim no problems. I totally forgot about Uncharted 4 to be honest and didn't trade it in, kicking myself as it's not really the type of game I'm interested in. So if anyone in KW is looking for a cheap, sealed copy let me know otherwise I'll try the general BST thread here.

Stat!

Traded Uncharted for 48 and Battlefield for 56. I bought BF1 for 50 from Amazon. I'll rebuy it if I feel like it in a couple days.

Any deals on 3ds games? Looking at EB Games Flyer and nothing on the WiiU or 3ds. Brutal. Guess I'll gear up for the switch?

Do we know if Amazon is doing anything for boxing day?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If everything goes to plan I should be able to get $50 for Pokemon Moon and $80 for Dishonoured 2.

Thats... not how it works. Those are special promos.

The 2x promo applies to normal tradein values. You wont get $80 for Dishonored 2, it'll be $48 ($24 x2)

I want that 2x trade in credit bad and I want to dump some games I wasn't too hot on but the closest eb is the Eaton center and fuck going there 3 days before Christmas.

kswiston

How likely is Amazon.ca to match Best Buy's $49.99 boxing day sale on FFXV? I don't feel like going into my local store near boxing day, and I always have terrible luck with bestbuy.ca and shipping

Magnus

No that one is a zoo now. I think they closed the one in the Eaton Centre recently

Nope, Eaton Center one's still open too. Source: Me. Friends with both stores' managers. Lol.

Also, yeah, I need to do that trade in today. Wii U first party titles are already $25-28. I'd be getting $156 for Smash, MK8 and Mario Maker. All of which I rarely ever play anyway. Amazing.

Have to upgrade my wardrobe to business casual very quickly. Anyone know some good clothing stores (either physical or online) that has some nice, affordable clothes? Just need a 1 or 2 new shirts and some pants.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
That's a funny definition of "upgrading".

You're a funny guy Reddish

Not having to switch discs everytime I feel like playing Bloodborne is an upgrade.

Have to upgrade my wardrobe to business casual very quickly. Anyone know some good clothing stores (either physical or online) that has some nice, affordable clothes? Just need a 1 or 2 new shirts and some pants.

The Bay and Sears have some good sales from time to time. Id recommend checking there.

joms5

RW&CO has a ton of really nice business casual clothes on 60% off right now. Usually one the back clearance racks. Just picked up 2 shirts for $12 each. Both are long sleeve button downs.

traded a bunch of games at ebgames today.
Everything went smoothly, except for the fact that when I tried to trade in my vita games, they wouldnt give me double the trade in value because they claimed vita wasn't considered next-gen. Didnt the vita come out the same time as 3ds? In any case I think that was the moment I realized that the vita is truly dead.

zroid

Banned
Everything went smoothly, except for the fact that when I tried to trade in my vita games, they wouldnt give me double the trade in value because they claimed vita wasn't considered next-gen. Didnt the vita come out the same time as 3ds? In any case I think that was the moment I realized that the vita is truly dead.

Recently EBGames sent out a tweet claiming that World of Final Fantasy was exclusively for PS4, I think that was the moment for me :lol

imscore71

Neo Member

It does specify PS4, XB1, Wii U and 3DS only on the site.

Moltenix

Traded in these today and got the following credit with the 2x bonus applied:

• GTA5 (XB1) - $28
  • Forza 6 (XB1) - $30
  • Dark Souls 3 (XB1) - $20
  • Starfox 64 3D - $14
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X - $54

Got rid of all my XB1 discs - goin' all digital.

Ya'll probably gonna give me a hard time for parting with Starfox and/or Xenoblade lol

Bronetta

Traded in
Smash Bros 3DS - $26
Smash Bros Wii U - $50
Mario Kart 8 - $50
Splatoon - $54
Hyrule Warriors - $48
Uncharted 4 - $48
TOTAL - $278

Bought a used copy of Kirby Planet Robobot for $38 seeing as its probably never going on sale and gonna put the rest towards the Switch.

Moltenix

Traded in
Smash Bros 3DS - $26
Smash Bros Wii U - $50
Mario Kart 8 - $50
Splatoon - $54
Hyrule Warriors - $48
Uncharted 4 - $48
TOTAL - $278

Bought a used copy of Kirby Planet Robobot for $38 seeing as its probably never going on sale and gonna put the rest towards the Switch.

Oooh nice!

Was debating if I should just dump all my Wii U stuff in anticipation for Switch and all its Wii U ports. Decided not to kuz I don't wanna commit to Switch until after the reveal at least. That and I kinda wanna play the multiplayer Wii U games over the holiday. Would've broken even on stuff like Smash and Mario Kart since I got those from E3 deals.

If anyone for sure wants to commit to Switch and doesn't wanna keep their Wii U games around. I doubt we're gonna see much better trade values than this for games in the future.

Firestorm

Traded in
Smash Bros 3DS - $26
Smash Bros Wii U - $50
Mario Kart 8 - $50
Splatoon - $54
Hyrule Warriors - $48
Uncharted 4 - $48
TOTAL - $278

I still have my Wii U games but sold my Wii U... I should really go to EB today but need to go home then head back out. So lazy, but so much credit... but I never buy at EB x.x

conflict

Moltenix

I still have my Wii U games but sold my Wii U... I should really go to EB today but need to go home then head back out. So lazy, but so much credit... but I never buy at EB x.x

conflict

Do you have other consoles or a PC? I picked up a bunch of PSN and Steam Cards with my credit.

zroid

Banned
Traded in
Smash Bros 3DS - $26
Smash Bros Wii U - $50
Mario Kart 8 - $50
Splatoon - $54
Hyrule Warriors - $48
Uncharted 4 - $48
TOTAL - $278

When you lay it all out like that it's really tempting to trade Smash, MK8, and Splatoon haha

I think I'll hang onto them though... too much money spent on DLC 🙈

Firestorm

Do you have other consoles or a PC? I picked up a bunch of PSN and Steam Cards with my credit.
I have a lot of PSN and Steam credit sitting in my account right now so don't need those. Will likely just load it onto an Edge card in case I can't get a Switch at SDM.

Bronetta

When you lay it all out like that it's really tempting to trade Smash, MK8, and Splatoon haha

I think I'll hang onto them though... too much money spent on DLC 🙈

Eh I bought the MK8 and Hyrule Warriors season passes too but I dont see myself playing them again. MK8 only gets played when friends are over but I can wait a few months for the up port.

Only reason I sold them is due to all the rumors of Switch ports and well, upgraded versions of Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon were already shown as much as Nintendo wants to insist they arent real games.

Moltenix

Just priced out what my physical Wii U collection could get me today. $254 for 7 games.

Between that and selling the Wii U, that could cover Switch and some launch games. Slightly tempting but once again, not gonna commit just yet.

Games like Splatoon, Smash, and MK8 can always be re-bought later. You'd never get $50 selling them on Craigslist/Kijiji.

And if you put it on a gift card or buy prepaid cards you'd lose the tax.

Can you even pre-order the Switch at EB?

Bronetta

So can you just get the value of the trade ins put on a card or something?

Yes but I recommend to use it towards a preorder to save tax. If you put it on a card you have to pay tax when using it. But if you spend it on the spot by buying something or preordering then you dont have to pay tax on whatever you bought.

The preorder can always be cancelled or moved later

Example: If I used my credit right away to buy Kirby I'd pay $50 flat.

If I put the credit on a card and go back later to buy Kirby I'll be charged $50+tax.

Hope that clears it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom