• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

Got doom during the steam sale (only paid $12 after selling all my steam cards). But since it would take up literally half my ssd when installed I guess I'm on the lookout for a bigger one on sale.

I now have 272 dollars in EB credit, traded in a ton of games

Good deal

I felt bad for the people in line behind me, it took a while to get it all done lol

Oh and the person buying WD2 as a gift for someone they were talking to on the phone got suckered into 3 dollar disc protection =/

Traded in these today and got the following credit with the 2x bonus applied:

• GTA5 (XB1) - $28
  • Forza 6 (XB1) - $30
  • Dark Souls 3 (XB1) - $20
  • Starfox 64 3D - $14
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X - $54

Got rid of all my XB1 discs - goin' all digital.

Ya'll probably gonna give me a hard time for parting with Starfox and/or Xenoblade lol

Lol just paid $27 at EB today for starfox 3d...EB profits already!

Ebay prices are really high.

A good month for trade in deals. Lessons learned, ALWAYS wait for xmas time to dump old (new?) games.

Vinc

No stacking but SOME people here were getting double discounts.

I had them adjust it twice after I was specifically told they would stack, but they then sent me an email saying the CSR was incorrect and that my future shipments wouldn't stack discounts.

Ended up going in on the Slim upgrade. Trading Uncharted 4 in and getting a copy back, along with a PS+ subscription was too tempting.

Guess I'm not unsubbing from PS+ after all.

Nibiru

Banned
Yes but I recommend to use it towards a preorder to save tax. If you put it on a card you have to pay tax when using it. But if you spend it on the spot by buying something or preordering then you dont have to pay tax on whatever you bought.

The preorder can always be cancelled or moved later

Example: If I used my credit right away to buy Kirby I'd pay $50 flat.

If I put the credit on a card and go back later to buy Kirby I'll be charged $50+tax.

Hope that clears it up!

Thanks man. I was too late for the info and the sales guy was not very interactive lol. Got it on credit. Still a pretty sweet haul at $268 and I don't regret anything I sold. It was a lot of Wii U games that I will never play. Sucks for me about all the tax stuff in you post but overall just really happy I checked this thread or I wouldn't have even known about the deal.

Cynar

I had them adjust it twice after I was specifically told they would stack, but they then sent me an email saying the CSR was incorrect and that my future shipments wouldn't stack discounts.
They do not stack. Original csr was wrong. It's clear as day that they wouldn't.

Robert807

Traded watchdogs 2 and bought dead rising 4. Had 4 bucks left over, donated it to make a wish foundation there. I'm happy I was going to buy dead rising on Boxing Day.

-Deimos

The staff at EB really are incompetent and/or sleazy fucks. After going through an ordeal with my trade-in credit, I made a pre-order that should be fully paid off, but I wouldn't be surprised if I get hit with a charge on the day of release. I can't even view my pre-order status or transactions on their site.

zroid

Banned
I really wish Amazon would get those freaking Zelda amiibo back in stock, I don't know what to use my $10 off $40 coupon on :|

True Fire

Unless I'm seeing something now amazon prime canada does 20% off video game pre-orders? Will it stack with e3 promo too ?

https://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=lp_1544...ogames,n:15442677011&ie=UTF8&node=15442677011

I got Amazon to stack a 20% Prime discount with another 20% Prime discount today lol.

Completely accidental, so I don't want to give away too many details, but it's a great incentive to keep as many preorders as possible. Preorder Price Guarantee w/ glitches must screw them over so much

Does EB Games price match? I want to get an XBOX One controller with the credit I got from the games I traded in today but their boxing day prices are $10 higher than it is at Wal-Mart.

Mimosa97

This is the only time when I wish I didn't go full digital this gen. Sigh.

But again I'm sharing games with my best friend so I only pay half on any purchase we make.

Vamphuntr

I really wish Amazon would get those freaking Zelda amiibo back in stock, I don't know what to use my $10 off $40 coupon on :|

The OOT versions? My local Walmart had them on clearance already at 10$ so I bought them. I live in the middle of nowhere so they had a ton of differen amiibo in stock. It was the first time I bought amiibo. Wanted the Fire Emblem ones and I was able to pick Lucina, Robin, Ike and Roy for 10$ each. Also got Ness, Lucas, Ryu and a cheap AC one. Now I'm only missing Marth so I'll probably have to Amazon Marketplace it.

zroid

Banned
The OOT versions? My local Walmart had them on clearance already at 10$ so I bought them. I live in the middle of nowhere so they had a ton of differen amiibo in stock. It was the first time I bought amiibo. Wanted the Fire Emblem ones and I was able to pick Lucina, Robin, Ike and Roy for 10$ each. Also got Ness, Lucas, Ryu and a cheap AC one. Now I'm only missing Marth so I'll probably have to Amazon Marketplace it.

I actually want the Wind Waker two pack more than the OOT one but I'd definitely grab it for $10 if I saw it

i'm just lazy as hell to actually go to a Wal-Mart at this time of year, it's fucking chaos. i doubt it'd be in stock anyways.

Firestorm

Ended up trading in:
- Final Fantasy XV for $56
- Mario Kart 8 for $50
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U for $50
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS for $26
- Mario Kart 7 for $22

Kid Icarus and Mario 3D World were like $18 each and I decided to keep them. $204 towards Resident Evil 7 Collectors Edition that I'll swap over to a Switch once pre-orders are open.

Thanks for the heads up on the swapping thing Bronetta. Haven't been to EB in forever and didn't know that edge card loses the tax.

Tagg9

Any deals for The Last Guardian on Boxing Day? I can't believe I forgot to pre-order the game when Amazon had their promotions.

Ventara

As someone that has never been interested in Anime but has heard the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack and thinks it's great should I just blind buy this at this price? That seems like a pretty good price for an entire series, low enough that it won't kill me if I don't like it.

Go ahead and blind buy it. This is one of the most recommended anime for beginners because it's not very anime at all and has a more western feeling to it, in addition to being pretty good.

Mimosa97

As someone that has never been interested in Anime but has heard the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack and thinks it's great should I just blind buy this at this price? That seems like a pretty good price for an entire series, low enough that it won't kill me if I don't like it.

I'm not into anime at all. I've only watched a handful in my life and the only one I've watched in the last 10 years is Attack on the titan. I still bought this one (had it on my wishlist for a longtime and just received an email from camelcamelcamel about the price drop) cause it was strongly recommended by my friend and we've got the same of kind of tastes so yeah I want to give it a try. 25 bucks for 11 hours of content. Not bad.

Clive

Now, I know there has been a lot of talk about VGP's security so use PayPal if buying anything but they are having a pretty good sale on some mostly older "niche" Japanese games, primarily on handhelds. 3DS, Vita, PSP and DS deals stand out to me the most. Sales on games for these consoles are rare to come across these days in Canada sadly. Some more mainstream stuff in there too but nothing at truly outstanding prices among those IMO. Some of their Canada-exclusive stuff is also $10 or so off. They also have a free shipping promo if you spend $50.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/specials.php?page=0

Vinc

They do not stack. Original csr was wrong. It's clear as day that they wouldn't.

It wasn't clear at all at first and I couldn't find information on it, so I contacted customer service and two different people told me there was no reason it wouldn't stack. Then they added the info in their FAQ...

Mimosa97

Thanks finally ordered. Hope it's as good as attack on titan, the only anime I've ever enjoyed.

Bruh are you me ? lol

I liked animes when I was a kid (we didn't have the same animes in France as you did in Canada. My favorite anime was captain Tsubasa but I was like 5 or 6 years old). Stopped watching anime when I was like 10 until Attack on the Titan a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom