• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

It won't.

When PSN has better deals you know Steam aint shit

Eh, Steam sales have been better but it's still better than PSN. Like even now, before the Winter sale Mankind Divided is $23 on Steam. I'm sure there will be some stinkers but I still expect some good deals.

All I'm looking for is Dark Souls 3 anyway.

It won't.

When PSN has better deals you know Steam aint shit

At this point, it's not so much that the sales have to be amazing, it's that there has to be sales on stuff I actually want. Like, I'm not interested in shooters on consoles really, so it doesn't matter how often Infinite Warfare or Battlefield 1 go on sale, if they're not PC versions I don't care. Many of the more niche games I would be interested in never go on sale at the big stores anymore. I still remember when you could find stuff like Devil Survivor Overclocked in the EB Games Boxing Day flyers; those days are long gone. Though I guess Dragon Quest Builders did get a few discounts, but I'm waiting a bit on that one.

PSN's had some decent sales this year, though, that is true. Which reminds me, I should really pick up Severed.

Robert807

Dang it. I just ordered that assassins creed collection for 59 $ on amazon. Does amazon price match?
I better receive that game on the 23 rd or I'll be pissed off. It's a Christmas gift.
I'm thinking I'll get Forza horizon, dead rising 4, final fantasy XV, mafia 3 and maybe dishorned 2 on Boxing Day

Robert807

I thought Amazon was good at price adjustments . I bought assassins creed game at full price but know it's on sale. Chat told me they only adjust prices on tvs. They offer me a return label so I can return the game and re order it on the sale price. That's no good I need it for Christmas . Prime sucks , I signed up for it for 2 day shipping. Well I bought my grandma a gift it it won't arrive till the 29 th. Amazon sucks . Walmart and bestbuy for me know on.

Luigi87

Amazon may adjust prices themselves on their sale pages to match competitors, but aside from that they do not price match (it's in their FAQ), so there is no guarantee they will adjust prices.

SickBoy

I'm pretty sure I'm getting Rainbow Six Siege for Christmas. I always feel bad when I get a game from someone and then it's on at Boxing Day for $15.

Looks like my wallet will remain unharmed this Boxing Day.... really, I've gotten most of the stuff I wanted this year, and I splurged a little bit of Christmas money I received before the 25th on GTA, when it was $30 at Amazon/EB.

FWIW, I don't think the deals are terrible (but nor do I think there's much that's all that great). I think R6 seems like a heck of a deal for a game that sounds like it's still humming and I've been really curious about for some time.

Maximus.

I thought Amazon was good at price adjustments . I bought assassins creed game at full price but know it's on sale. Chat told me they only adjust prices on tvs. They offer me a return label so I can return the game and re order it on the sale price. That's no good I need it for Christmas . Prime sucks , I signed up for it for 2 day shipping. Well I bought my grandma a gift it it won't arrive till the 29 th. Amazon sucks . Walmart and bestbuy for me know on.

I have had Amazon refund a price difference when an item I ordered went on sale a couple days later and reasoned it made no sense to return an item to buy it again. They agreed. The second thing sounds more like any online shopping issue during the holidays, don't buy your gifts last minute. The companies that ship these items are slammed during the holidays. That's just common sense.

baconcow

Dang it. I just ordered that assassins creed collection for 59 $ on amazon. Does amazon price match?
I better receive that game on the 23 rd or I'll be pissed off. It's a Christmas gift.
I'm thinking I'll get Forza horizon, dead rising 4, final fantasy XV, mafia 3 and maybe dishorned 2 on Boxing Day

Amazon.ca has automatic price protection on items they sell that reduce in price within 7-days of shipping. Unfortunately, they have no price matching policy and attempts are very YMMV.

Feeroper

Anyone know if EB will have the NES classic at open? I got that impression from the email but it didn't actually state that.

I'm at EB currently but no line up at all. That's either a good thing because maybe it's not too widely known or no one wanted to line up again for it, but it could be a bad sign and they handed out vouchers in the middle of the night or something.

Well at least I have the new Nine Inch Nails EP to listen to while I wait (it's great!).

Maddog

Anyone know if EB will have the NES classic at open? I got that impression from the email but it didn't actually state that.

I'm at EB currently but no line up at all. That's either a good thing because maybe it's not too widely known or no one wanted to line up again for it, but it could be a bad sign and they handed out vouchers in the middle of the night or something.

Well at least I have the new Nine Inch Nails EP to listen to while I wait (it's great!).

I was at an Ontario EB Games last night and they said if they were getting them they would be delivered at some point during the day today (Thursday) and definitely would not have them at open.

If you search for Used stock, it's available at many places though

I did store availability and it was all red.

Edit: Ah. The checkbox. I see now. Damn.

Has that checkbox always been there? I have searched used product before assuming it was actually looking for used in the store availability.

I have never played Halo or GoW.

Do the older games hold up? Is it worth it to claim all those game codes included in the Boxing Day bundle?

FN-2187

I have never played Halo or GoW.

Do the older games hold up? Is it worth it to claim all those game codes included in the Boxing Day bundle?

After playing Halo 5 last year, I went back and played through Halo 1, 2, 3 and ODST (had never played 2 or ODST). They all held up great. The big set piece moments are still really awesome.

I've been meaning to go back to finish Reach and 4, as I never played either of those, but I got a little burnt out playing through 5 Halo games in a span of like 2 months.

Are the prices on Comixology USD? I am trying to compare to amazon.ca.

Just so everyone knows. You can buy trades for Kindle on Amazon. and use them in the comixology app. The prices are usually cheaper by a few box on Amazon.ca.

FrsDvl

Thanks.

It looks like the Comixology sale is reflected on amazon.ca and the prices are even better.

Damn.. I never thought of using comixolgy. And if Amazon purchases work with it that's awesome. I was going to pick up I hate Fairyland 2 today. Well, it's $1.30 on Amazon, good deal.

Tsk, they got me, page to the trade linked me to the Kindle version of the actual second issue.

Oh well. Bought The Sandman Vol 1, been wanting to read that one.

Corey31

Are the prices on Comixology USD? I am trying to compare to amazon.ca.

Just so everyone knows. You can buy trades for Kindle on Amazon. and use them in the comixology app. The prices are usually cheaper by a few box on Amazon.ca.

I've been lazy on picking up the Back to the Future trades but at ~$6.63 CDN on Amazon.ca it's really tempting to just get the digital version that could work on Comixology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom