• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Guys, are there any good home internet deals out there? Specifically, I'm looking to get unlimited for under $50 if possible, but if that's not feasible, as long as it's better than my $55 300GB 4MB/s download, that would be great. The internet cap has really been putting a strain on my downloads.

Edit: Are those internet deal on Kijiji a scam? Or are they trustworthy enough. I'm looking at this specifically.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-services/city-of-toronto/high-speed-internet-39-99-month-discount-code-inside/1226276794?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

kevin1025

Banned
Does Wal-Mart still do the thing where they charge and reverse and charge again before it ships? That happened multiple times last year.

Edit: Estimated delivery date: January 11th. That seems... far from now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
$39 for Witcher 3 Complete (PS4) at EB, or $41 for Witcher 3 Complete (PC) on Steam...HMMM....

- I have plenty to play already - maybe I should wait till it's eventually even cheaper?
- I have a fairly beasty modern PC, and it'll no doubt look better there, but I'd prefer comfy couch setup on our huge TV/great home theatre. There's no way the PC is getting hooked up there right now, unfortunately.
- Got a PS4 Pro, but there's no patch for this, and I hear it's still spotty on framerate?
Wasn't The Witchee 3 Complete like $33 on PSN a few weeks ago during the anniversary sale? I wonder if it will go back down to that price during this Holiday sale.

Firestorm

some people travel the world in retirement

some people learn a language or two

some people read books

i will clear my backlog
my friends and I have talked about how when we're too old to really go out and do things we are going to be basically set as long as we have a computer and internet access. A bit different from our parents' generation.

kevin1025

Banned
my friends and I have talked about how when we're too old to really go out and do things we are going to be basically set as long as we have a computer and internet access. A bit different from our parents' generation.

Grandparents had Matlock and Macgyver and Murder She Wrote, our parents had NCIS and Criminal Minds, we get video games.

Yasumi

Banned
Guys, are there any good home internet deals out there? Specifically, I'm looking to get unlimited for under $50 if possible, but if that's not feasible, as long as it's better than my $55 300GB 4MB/s download, that would be great. The internet cap has really been putting a strain on my downloads.

Edit: Are those internet deal on Kijiji a scam? Or are they trustworthy enough. I'm looking at this specifically.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-services/city-of-toronto/high-speed-internet-39-99-month-discount-code-inside/1226276794?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Check your Teksavvy availability. I've got unlimited 6mbps for $40 per month ($35 starting in January).

kevin1025

Banned
The Wal-Mart delivery date on my two items says January 11th, haha. That's two and a half weeks from now! That doesn't sound right.

Ventara

Check your Teksavvy availability. I've got unlimited 6mbps for $40 per month ($35 starting in January).

Is that 6 megabyte/s? If so, that sounds good. Just read up on Carry Tel and they seem good, but they charge you quite a bit for installation and modem. Will compare how much techsavvy charges to do that.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
FFXV for $50 is tempting but I'll pass

Deus Ex for $30 is tempting but I'll pass

These games will be that price every other week, I need some actual limited time deals.

xCobalt

I just made the switch to Fido from Start a few days ago. $60 a month for 60 down/10 up with no cap. First 3 months free with no contract.

https://www.fido.ca/pages/#/internet

zroid

Banned
DEAL

I can't find it mentioned on their website but apparently Indigo is offering 20% orders when you pay with MasterPass

edit: yup it's real, i just initiated a checkout and saw the discount

If you need it, the Boxing Day Round-up is live - https://www.gamedealscanada.com/deals/

whaaa?

wutgvs6a.png

mileS

FFXV for $50 is tempting but I'll pass

Deus Ex for $30 is tempting but I'll pass

These games will be that price every other week, I need some actual limited time deals.

The fact that FFXV is even on sale is surprising. They aren't the type of games that go on sale often unless they are 2+ years old. I highly doubt it will keep going on sale for that price.

Mankind Divided will go on sale over and over tho

killroy87

The fact that FFXV is even on sale is surprising. They aren't the type of games that go on sale often unless they are 2+ years old. I highly doubt it will keep going on sale for that price.

Lol, no game is that type of game.

Firestorm

We live in a different era now. The last mainline single player Final Fantasy was 7 years ago.

mileS

I get it I know.. I'm just saying Square treats some of their Final Fantasy games like Nintendo does when it comes to sales. All I meant by it is I don't expect them to change that anytime soon.

GTA V kinda was.

Most Nintendo titles, and until kind of recently most Call of Duty titles.

Mimosa97

I've already received my cowbow bepop order that I made yesterday ...

I don't get it. I don't have prime and yet I always get my orders in 2 days or less. Even during christmas time. My delivery estimate was january 2nd but I got it today. So weird.

One more thing, I don't know if it's just the new standard packaging but my packages always have the amazon prime adhesive tape on them. Does Amazon think I'm a prime member or what ? I'm not complaining but it's just weird lol

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
So i have a $100 gift card from walmart ans want to get three games howvever during the checkout it wont let me use my gift card and saying they can not be accepted at this time which is BS

HOWEVER i need canada gafs help. I am getting FFXV, the last guardian and eitjer Doom or Deus Ex, which one should i get and why? I loved himan revolution but also this Doom game looks like a breath of fresh air as well.

Mimosa97

So i have a $100 gift card from walmart ans want to get three games howvever during the checkout it wont let me use my gift card and saying they can not be accepted at this time which is BS

HOWEVER i need canada gafs help. I am getting FFXV, the last guardian and eitjer Doom or Deus Ex, which one should i get and why? I loved himan revolution but also this Doom game looks like a breath of fresh air as well.

FFXV wait for the patch. TLG will probably drop in price pretty soon.

N° 2048

some people travel the world in retirement

some people learn a language or two

some people read books

i will clear my backlog

Same here. I've already 'given up' a few hobbies just to make space for all the amazing games that 2016 gave us (2017 looks to be just as amazing).
The only hobbies I do are listen to music and play games.
I'll watch movies from directors/writers/actors I already follow.
Shows, I've given up on...way too time consuming...I watch maybe like a handful of tv shows and that's it. Maybe an anime here and there but those with short seasons (20 - 25 eps max).

Sora_N

I don't think I'm buying any games for BD, I bought most of the crap I want. I even got GTA from trading in for the slim at EB, it worked out for me.

I barely play anything anymore lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom