• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiyo

any crazy deals on tvs? for some reason my dad is searching for a 4k tv on sale during boxing day. Any recommendations? Ideal price is around 1000 probably 1.3 max

probably shoulda got one on black friday =/ and I woulda got ps4 pro instead of xbox one s

bestbuy/ncix will have the Sony 4K XBR 55" X850D for $1199.99 on boxing day/week

Wedge7

Wrong store, not sure why Microsoft has so many disjointed online shops.

This is the link you want to use. https://www.microsoftstore.com/

Lol, thats so weird that they do that. I actually clicked on that link originally, and clicked on the games link at the top of that page, and it sent me to the 'incorrect' area.

I went back to that home page, and clicked on games on the left side of the page, and it sent to me to the 'correct' area, what a odd choice. Makes no sense to me, maybe they have some reason for it.

Anyways, thanks for the help, found the right area.

Nintendo Boxing Day sales (retail)

Wal-Mart Dec. 19-29
Zelda TP HD $49.96

EB Dec. 25-Jan. 1
Zelda TP HD $49.99
Star Fox Zero $44.99
Mario Tennis $34.99
Toad/Bowser/Yoshi Wii Remotes too hot to print
Amiibo singles and 3-packs too hot to print

Microplay Dec. 26-Jan 1
Zelda TP HD $39.99
BOGOF on Nintendo Selects
Pokemon ORAS $29.99

Wal-Mart Dec. 24-31
2DS with Mario Kart 7 $99.99

Amazon Dec. 24-31
$20 off Bravely Second, Zelda Triforce Heroes, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Animal Crossing HHD, Style Savvy FF, Chibi-Robo ($9.99-$29.99)
Save at least $6 off all single Amiibos

Toys R Us Dec. 26-31
B2G1F all single Amiibos

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/detail/5upzGdFzb7h4KLhGU_WmlduQkHg3mPWi

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
$39 for Witcher 3 Complete (PS4) at EB, or $41 for Witcher 3 Complete (PC) on Steam...HMMM....

- I have plenty to play already - maybe I should wait till it's eventually even cheaper?
- I have a fairly beasty modern PC, and it'll no doubt look better there, but I'd prefer comfy couch setup on our huge TV/great home theatre. There's no way the PC is getting hooked up there right now, unfortunately.
- Got a PS4 Pro, but there's no patch for this, and I hear it's still spotty on framerate?
PC absolutely worth it.

xclaw

ymmr but the local RCSS was clearing out everything electronics/Vita.

BC

Grabbed a 16GB Vita card and Resistance for ~$18.

Clive

The Phantom Pain Collector's Edition is $37.50 on Amazon for Xbox One. Not sure anyone is interested anymore but good discount. Sold directly by Amazon too and not a newly started seller in China whose other products all cost $10.22.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00UFOYR8W/

The PS4 version is much more expensive.

Anyone find any deals on skylanders figures for the 26th? haven't seen any advertised. Wondering if that rumored cancellation has anything to do with the lack of deals this year.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
So the cheapest Uncharted 4 is $59.99?!

Keep an eye on kijiji. There's bound to be a flood of extra copies since every PS4 comes bundled with it.

Haha quit complaining about backlogs. This is what I'll have after Christmas morning:
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Watch Dogs 2
- Gears of War 4 (and 1, 2, 3)
- Forza Horizon 3
- Sunset Overdrive
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Halo 5
- Quantum Break
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- Witcher 2

Pffffft...lightweight.

Anth0ny

some people travel the world in retirement

some people learn a language or two

some people read books

i will clear my backlog

Qwyjibo

Oh god, this is how it starts, isn't it?

I needed a filler for free shipping on Amazon. Oh look, a Ryu amiibo for $5? Amiibos are silly and I will never use them but it's Ryu and it looks cool. Why not?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Bought Bravely Second for $30.

I don't even know why, I've had the first one since release and still haven't played it.

zroid

Banned
Minor sale on amiibo at Indigo (for what little they have left)

Yoshi (Super Mario version): $6.70
Mario 8-bit (classic colour): $6.71
Mario (Super Mario version): $4.80
Bowser (Super Mario version): $6.70
Luigi (Super Mario version): $4.80
Peach (Super Mario version): $4.80

zroid

Banned
Is amazon going to have any new "boxing day" sales on the 26th or is this pretty much it?

wondering if i should go ahead and use my coupon or hang on just in case

edit: eh whatever I just jumped on it. Bought 5 amiibo and a pack of amiibo cards for $31 after the $10 off coupon :lol

Minor sale on amiibo at Indigo (for what little they have left)

Yoshi (Super Mario version): $6.70
Mario 8-bit (classic colour): $6.71
Mario (Super Mario version): $4.80
Bowser (Super Mario version): $6.70
Luigi (Super Mario version): $4.80
Peach (Super Mario version): $4.80

Thanks for the tip. I don't think I've really paid more than $7 for an Amiibo so for $5ish these are great deals.

Th last time I counted it was in the several hundreds, with 50 or so must play ones either started or haven't started yet. Send help.

I feel your pain.

some people travel the world in retirement

some people learn a language or two

some people read books

i will clear my backlog

Right there with you.

Thats my man , I fully intend to do that too 😄👍

Yes. I see video games as an investment in things I will do with my time, when I have nothing left to do with my time.

Will bestbuy price match today if I ask them ?

Best Buy won't price match Black Friday or Boxing day sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom