• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncharted would have been extremely fun to play if the gunplay wasn't so horrible and it got worse and worse after each iteration. I haven't played the last one but I don't see how they could have made it worse than uncharted 3.

You can also feel it in The Last of US where the only weakness of the game is the gunplay.

The slower focus really saves TLoU from the gunplay issues, also the melee focus. Uncharted 4 fares better than the first 3 but it still feels loosey goosey. The best way to play UC4 is basically with auto aim inf ammo and a ohko weapon.

Firestorm

Uncharted 1 was average at best, the series got really good with 2.
Uncharted was average. Uncharted 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. Uncharted 3 was a disappointment. With Uncharted 4, I realized that I don't think Uncharted is a very good series, it's just Uncharted 2 was that good. Amazing graphics, great voice acting, but outside of 2 they are meh games and UC4's story (more character behaviour I guess) was infuriatingly stupid.

Still gonna buy the DLC day one though because I'm really excited to see Tamil in a video game for the first time >.>
Anyone know of any deals for Guitar Hero Live for Xbox One?

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/electronics/guitar-hero-live-bundle-xbox/047875874862-item.html

Bundle is $54.59 and then 20% off on top with Masterpass I think (don't know if it works for video games)

etta

my hard graphic balls
Uncharted was average. Uncharted 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. Uncharted 3 was a disappointment. With Uncharted 4, I realized that I don't think Uncharted is a very good series, it's just Uncharted 2 was that good. Amazing graphics, great voice acting, but outside of 2 they are meh games and UC4's story (more character behaviour I guess) was infuriatingly stupid.

Still gonna buy the DLC day one though because I'm really excited to see Tamil in a video game for the first time >.>

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/electronics/guitar-hero-live-bundle-xbox/047875874862-item.html

Bundle is $54.59 and then 20% off on top with Masterpass I think (don't know if it works for video games)
I liked 3 but yea it didn't have that wow factor. When playing through 4, it felt like a masterpiece, but after finishing it just felt like another solid 8.5 game. Massive production values and not enough gameplay.
I hope The Last of Us Part Two won't go down that road. The first had a satisfying amount of gameplay.

Uncharted would have been extremely fun to play if the gunplay wasn't so horrible and it got worse and worse after each iteration. I haven't played the last one but I don't see how they could have made it worse than uncharted 3.

You can also feel it in The Last of US where the only weakness of the game is the gunplay.
The gunplay is suprisingly one of the best aspects of UC4. They got away from the toy like feel of previous games, and everything has weight now imo. Unfortunately, tried way too hard in making the story as """cinematic""" as possible that the game is a big snooze for like the first couple of hours.

I think so. If you enjoy the other games in the series then this offers a nice twist to it. I actually enjoyed it more than FC4. At $14.99 it's a steal IMO.

rofl, I got 26 buck from EB for Primal 2 days ago

If anyone sees Homeland season 5 Blu Ray for under 39.99 lemme know

Oh, and is Civ 6 on sale anywhere?

zroid

Banned
I want this but I'm too old for snapbacks

10488259.jpg

help

gabbo

Well, it looks like NCIX answered my prayers for deals on SSDs for boxing day. Maybe even grab a proper sound card too.

Maximus.

Lame some movies I had an eye on are already sold out on Best Buy. I checked like an hour after the sale started. Forgot it started today.

Will

Neo Member
Ordered Skyrim and Mafia III from Walmart this morning, came home tonight and saw that Amazon had price matched them and that Walmart's shipping was listed as...the middle of January. Yeeouch. I should've waited. Anyone have any experience canceling from WalMart? Their site says you can only do it in the first 30 minutes after you order.

Fularu

Banned
Ordered Skyrim and Mafia III from Walmart this morning, came home tonight and saw that Amazon had price matched them and that Walmart's shipping was listed as...the middle of January. Yeeouch. I should've waited. Anyone have any experience canceling from WalMart? Their site says you can only do it in the first 30 minutes after you order.

You return the items to Walmart when you get them.

Oh and be prepared to have to do a "receiptless return" because their stores have troubles handling internet returns or something.

kennah

So according to what I posted last year on Facebook, this year's boxing day sale prices for ssds are ten dollars more than the prices last year.

Fularu

Banned
So according to what I posted last year on Facebook, this year's boxing day sale prices for ssds are ten dollars more than the prices last year.

This year saw the best deals yet on SSDs. 135$ 750 GB SSDs or 140$ 512 gb NVLE SSDs is prety great

Maximus.

You return the items to Walmart when you get them.

Oh and be prepared to have to do a "receiptless return" because their stores have troubles handling internet returns or something.

No..when I went I had to print out the receipt invoice and they do a return from that. It's not a hassle or anything. Though when I returned the games I bought, the cashiers were acting as if I stole shit due to the high return total.

Sora_N

Is this sent via email?

I got it one or two weeks ago by email yes.

Can someone explain the "20 year celebration" thing for Rise of the Tomb Raider? Is this just a Day One Edition thing or what? I was gonna hold off on the game until $29.99 or $19.99, but if I'm missing out on some major stuff I might cave and buy it now for $39.99.

Can someone explain the "20 year celebration" thing for Rise of the Tomb Raider? Is this just a Day One Edition thing or what? I was gonna hold off on the game until $29.99 or $19.99, but if I'm missing out on some major stuff I might cave and buy it now for $39.99.

As far as I know that's just what the ps4 version is called. It comes with a weird artbook case/slip and the season pass dlc on the disc(compared to the xbox one version). I'm a little over half way into my ps4 playthrough and it's cool to see at least one of the story dlc's woven into the campaign pretty naturally.

No..when I went I had to print out the receipt invoice and they do a return from that. It's not a hassle or anything. Though when I returned the games I bought, the cashiers were acting as if I stole shit due to the high return total.

Yeah, you print out the shipping email you get (says to do it at bottom of email) . Returned something last week and cashier was very, very happy that I brought the print out cause she said no one ever does.

Dazzler

My sis claiming Christmas MVP honors by getting me a NES mini!

It's my only video game pickup of Christmas this year but it's perfect

baconcow

Did anyone use their $10 Amazon coupons? Mine says invalid when I try to use it.

I have one due Dec. 26 that I tried to use last night. It said invalid, but I thought it was because I was using it with the Steam Controller and case promo. Since it said it cannot be used with other promos, I didn't pursue it further. I have not tried it on a regular order, yet.

Hey guys I'm looking to pick up a new laptop from Best Buy since they're having their Boxing Day sale online already. Does anyone have reccomendations? I know next to nothing about computer specs. Looking to spend under $1000, what's the best bang for my buck? Thanks.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hey guys I'm looking to pick up a new laptop from Best Buy since they're having their Boxing Day sale online already. Does anyone have reccomendations? I know next to nothing about computer specs. Looking to spend under $1000, what's the best bang for my buck? Thanks.
I'm an Apple-only for laptops person, but I heard Lenovos are nice.

As far as I know that's just what the ps4 version is called. It comes with a weird artbook case/slip and the season pass dlc on the disc(compared to the xbox one version). I'm a little over half way into my ps4 playthrough and it's cool to see at least one of the story dlc's woven into the campaign pretty naturally.

The case is taller and thinner. It's annoying and kept slipping on my shelf.

Gibran7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom