• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Best buy boxing day soon

What to expect before the sale:

site close Now
Site closed to get ready for our Boxing Day DEALS!

site open 6pm ET
Site open to see the DEALS. The cart is closed.

add to cart 7pm ET
Site opens to start buying!

trixx

bestbuy/ncix will have the Sony 4K XBR 55" X850D for $1199.99 on boxing day/week

See I would consider this but for some reason my Dad isn't too happy with previous sony tv's. All our t.v's have been sony and he says he wants a change. We'll look into it.

Right now he's eyeing this one: Samsung 55" 4K Ultra HD Curved LED Tizen Smart TV
I think cause he likes curved design

Also boxing day has better deals that Black Friday :(. Xbox one s 1tb battlefield w/ forza for 379 :(((

I bought it with CoD for 450 early November because my siblings like CoD. Damnit, I hate fps too

mileS

And I'm not seeing any deals on Ratchet and Clank wtfux.

I caved and got it the day they dropped it to $24 or whatever it is now. This game has been surprisingly absent from most big sales. Might have something to do with it dropping to begin with.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I caved and got it the day they dropped it to $24 or whatever it is now. This game has been surprisingly absent from most big sales. Might have something to do with it dropping to begin with.
Yea I mean it's $25 on PSN and it will probably get to $15 even with the Christmas sales, but I really want the case. I want to see all the great Sony Studios games on the shelf next to each other. Ratchet and Clank, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Horizon, Detroit, Spider-Man, God of War, Days Gone, The Last of Us Part Two hnnnnggggg, can't wait to hold that beauty in my hands and inhale that fresh plastic smell as I pop the case open for the first time.
Omg that Chloe DLC box art is gonna be fuckin' aces too.

See I would consider this but for some reason my Dad isn't too happy with previous sony tv's. All our t.v's have been sony and he says he wants a change. We'll look into it.

Right now he's eyeing this one: Samsung 55" 4K Ultra HD Curved LED Tizen Smart TV
I think cause he likes curved design

Also boxing day has better deals that Black Friday :(. Xbox one s 1tb battlefield w/ forza for 379 :(((

I bought it with CoD for 450 early November because my siblings like CoD. Damnit, I hate fps too

Don't buy an x850d, not a very good TV

mileS

Yea I mean it's $25 on PSN and it will probably get to $15 even with the Christmas sales, but I really want the case. I want to see all the great Sony Studios games on the shelf next to each other. Ratchet and Clank, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Horizon, Detroit, Spider-Man, God of War, Days Gone, The Last of Us Part Two hnnnnggggg, can't wait to hold that beauty in my hands and inhale that fresh plastic smell as I pop the case open for the first time.

Completely forgot the physical didn't drop with the PSN price. damn. I honestly rather I had the physical version too. The kids have a PS4 out in the living room and the only way they can play it is logging on my account, and with that and the way the save games work with Ratchet and Clank (1 save only) I would lose my progress. I'm about 70% done now I believe.

JSR_Cube

Grabbed Mafia 3 for $29 at Walmart.ca. That's probably all I will get. I thought about Skyrim but then I remembered how much time I put into it before and probably won't make it through another playthrough.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Where's The Last Guardian?

WTF! *triggered*

Lexxism

I currently have the Archer C7 for more than a year or maybe 2. The signal is definitely great and I never experienced any interference on the signal if you are in-between walls of your house. Plus, it's UI is good and I'm getting same results on speedtest between wifi and LAN. I guess that's a plus too.

I don't have a PS4, and want to buy one to play FFXV and P5. Is the best buy PS4+FFXV for $329 the best deal? Weirdly enough, it seems today is the last day this deal is available and from tomorrow there won't be any FFXV bundled in.

krae_man

Grabbing a nice pair of noise cancelling headphones and some blurays.

Mechanic Resurrection Bluray for $12? Yes please. I love me some Statham.

Has Sony stocked any $700 VR bundles since launch?

Not that I want one, it's just I haven't seen any in stock anywhere since but the $549 bundle is abundant everywhere.

kevin1025

Banned
Grabbed Mafia 3 for $29 at Walmart.ca. That's probably all I will get. I thought about Skyrim but then I remembered how much time I put into it before and probably won't make it through another playthrough.

Yeah, I ended up with Mafia and Deus Ex from there. I don't know what to think about their estimated delivery date, though, it's nearly three weeks from now.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I won't get that for a long while, it's a "$25 on sale" game for me.
*runs*

*BP rising to dangerous levels*

*left eye twitching furiously*

Verified by Visa is a real shit service, huh? I can't buy something on best buy because it's telling me my 3 digit number on the back of my credit card is wrong (it isn't).

farisr

HEADS UP to all people interested in a Planet Earth II UHD Bluray.

It's up for preorder at amazon.ca at 52.49 CAD right now down from 74.98. (amazon.com has it for 59.99 USD)

Was looking for other UHD deals but it looks like it's a no go.

Would've bought Watchmen & Man Of Steel at $20 but they're out of stock. Suicide Squad won't be buying till it's like $5 or less (and its the extended cut).

The last three Star Trek movies are all still $35 (would've bought at $20), and Hunger Games movies that are regularly on sale for $20 each are even more right now (Won't buy till they average out to $15 each). Everything else I'm interested in is still $30 and up.

Oh well, I guess BvS and Deadpool will continue to be my only UHD blurays for a while. No idea when the Planet Earth II UHD will come out.

kevin1025

Banned
Any place to get FFX/X2 remaster PS4 online? I saw Bestbuy had it for $15 but it's all sold out.

I think it was the only one at that price, unfortunately. Everywhere else seems to be $29.99 (which is what I bought it at the other day). Hopefully someone else can find another potential spot or Best Buy restocks!

etta

my hard graphic balls
So Uncharted 4 is gonna be $49 at EB? Is that for the 26th only? Online or in-store? Or both? Because it's not even showing on their online store, that search function is a fucking mess.

Firestorm

EB Games in store on Boxing Day is a mess. It's always a ridiculous line whenever I've been at the mall and I've never understood why. I'd really just check Craigslist or Kijiji (depending on your city) and grab it for $40 sealed from someone who doesn't want it after buying the PS4 bundle.

etta

my hard graphic balls
EB Games in store on Boxing Day is a mess. It's always a ridiculous line whenever I've been at the mall and I've never understood why.
Hmmm, might be more convenient to get it from Amazon, then. I'm guessing this $59.99 price will stick until the 26th at least? If so, I will decide tomorrow.

Edit: I checked on Kijiji and there weren't that many listed, I was kinda surprised. And the lowest was $50 for sealed in my area, so it's not enough of a difference for me.

N° 2048

I still haven't played Uncharted 2 or 3.

Uncharted 1 was tedious as hell (overall fun) but I heard they only get better. Waiting for the Uncharted Collection to be $20 physical.

etta

my hard graphic balls

Uncharted 1 was tedious as hell (overall fun) but I heard they only get better. Waiting for the Uncharted Collection to be $20 physical.

Uncharted 1 was average at best, the series got really good with 2.

Moltenix

I currently have the Archer C7 for more than a year or maybe 2. The signal is definitely great and I never experienced any interference on the signal if you are in-between walls of your house. Plus, it's UI is good and I'm getting same results on speedtest between wifi and LAN. I guess that's a plus too.

Of those 3, the Archer C7 is generally the one that gets recommended although it often goes on sale for $80-90. Probably wouldn't pick the Asus one since its ethernet ports max out at 100Mbps and people tend to avoid Dlink.

Sweet, reviews seem pretty positive for the C7. Will probably go for that. Thanks GAF!

N° 2048

If you order an a PSN card from amazon, do they actually ship you a card or will they email you a code?

From the 'Customer Questions & Answers' at the bottom of the item page:

If I buy this card the code is sent by mail? or simply sold physical
Answer: It is a physical card sent to your home address
By Karla Sceviour on March 4, 2016

True Fire

It's up for preorder at amazon.ca at 52.49 CAD right now down from 74.98. (amazon.com has it for 59.99 USD)

Would've bought Watchmen & Man Of Steel at $20 but they're out of stock. Suicide Squad won't be buying till it's like $5 or less (and its the extended cut).

The last three Star Trek movies are all still $35 (would've bought at $20), and Hunger Games movies that are regularly on sale for $20 each are even more right now (Won't buy till they average out to $15 each). Everything else I'm interested in is still $30 and up.

Oh well, I guess BvS and Deadpool will continue to be my only UHD blurays for a while. No idea when the Planet Earth II UHD will come out.

Preordered Planet Earth 2. You're a life saver!

Preordered, thanks for the heads up!

Uncharted has always been more about the look, and the story than the way it plays. Honestly Uncharted isn't fun to play, but is worth it for the spectacle and the story beats.

The Tomb raider reboot series on the other hand is fun to play but not so good in the story dept.

Mimosa97

Uncharted has always been more about the look, and the story than the way it plays. Honestly Uncharted isn't fun to play, but is worth it for the spectacle and the story beats.

The Tomb raider reboot series on the other hand is fun to play but not so good in the story dept.

Uncharted would have been extremely fun to play if the gunplay wasn't so horrible and it got worse and worse after each iteration. I haven't played the last one but I don't see how they could have made it worse than uncharted 3.

You can also feel it in The Last of US where the only weakness of the game is the gunplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom