• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've literally never once had the online price match work at Best buy, they've always shut me down for some bullshit reason. In store, I've never had a problem.

I spoke to them on the phone. After making me hold 10 minutes, the MODEL # DOES NOT CORRESPOND. What the fuck I am so angry... It's fucking GTA V ON PS4!

NYR

Is Watch Dogs 2 worth $45?
Thing is I still haven't gotten through the games that I already have -_-
I've nearly platinumed the game. I loved it, way better then the first. With that said, if you have a backlog, I would not buy this and bump this ahead, it is a time commitment game.

etta

my hard graphic balls
If you think you can wait, it'll probably go down lower in price at a future deal.

I'd say it's worth it. Having bailed out on the first game, WD2 is a massive improvement.

Yes, so very yes.
Nic-
I've nearly platinumed the game. I loved it, way better then the first. With that said, if you have a backlog, I would not buy this and bump this ahead, it is a time commitment game.
😭

I really can't afford to invest more time on top of what I already do between Modern Warfare and DOTA/Battlefield 1.

N° 2048

Use PayPal

No, don't support a company that refuses to fix their shitty security. It's not about using PayPal.
They need to fix their security holes before I give them any money or support.

Wait, what?

What do you mean? Has someone gotten their credit card info stolen by using this site in the past?.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226993829&postcount=12457

Nic-
😭

I really can't afford to invest more time on top of what I already do between Modern Warfare and DOTA/Battlefield 1.

Ok hold off then!
This is the same issue I have now actually -.-

FFXV, TLG, BF1, Hitman, Nier Demo, GR 2 demo...omg the list never ends.

Tapejara

I'm torn because even though I've had my CC compromised after shopping from VGP, they also have Wild Guns: Reloaded. I could always pay with PayPal, but not sure I want to continue to support them if they won't address the security issues.

Sealtest

I'm torn because even though I've had my CC compromised after shopping from VGP, they also have Wild Guns: Reloaded. I could always pay with PayPal, but not sure I want to continue to support them if they won't address the security issues.

Until this very moment I had no idea they had paypal... I was a fool and bought the last copy of mario and sonic and the rio olympic games from them a few weeks ago using credit card.. I really hope I don't regret this. Last thing I want is 2 cards stolen in 1 year.

Haha quit complaining about backlogs. This is what I'll have after Christmas morning:
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Watch Dogs 2
- Gears of War 4 (and 1, 2, 3)
- Forza Horizon 3
- Sunset Overdrive
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Halo 5
- Quantum Break
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- Witcher 2

Moltenix

Haha quit complaining about backlogs. This is what I'll have after Christmas morning:
- Watch Dogs 2
- Forza Horizon 3
- Sunset Overdrive
- Halo 5
- Quantum Break
- Witcher 2

Dayyum, that could last you up until Christmas 2017 lol

antibolo

Banned
- Watch Dogs 2
- Forza Horizon 3
- Sunset Overdrive
- Halo 5
- Quantum Break
- Witcher 2

Only 13 games? That's barely a backlog...

True Fire

Bought Hitman, will probably buy Skyrim on Xbox One and PS4 when it's on sale at Walmart ($30 a pop).

I'll end up owning Skyrim on 5 different mediums (6 with the Switch), and I've already played the game 10+ times. I have a problem lol. But mods make it so damn replayable.

ohlawd

Well, the Master Chief Collection has 4 games too.

And really? Haha. Those are some big hitter games too. Pretty impressive list IMO.

in length? no way lol. give yourself a week or two and you can chew everything on that list except Witcher 2

13 games where the majority of the list is first/third person shooters with an expected playtime of 6-8 hours each doesn't amount to much

if your list was full of TW2-like games then that's what I'd call a backlog

Actually got a call from my bank earlier today saying I had a large, foreign, charge on my account that they needed to verify. I was wondering where my card was hacked from and low and behold the order I made on black friday on VGP was not done through Paypal (must have slipped my mind - only ever ordered there once before).

Guess I know where that leak likely came from...

Hmm, looks like I didn't use Paypal for that previous order too. It was for the Infinite Space reprint and must have wanted to go with the "charge me when it ships option again" and used my credit card. Can you guess what happened two months later? It's not definitive proof or anything but the only other places I use my credit card are Paypal, Bestbuy, Amazon, Chapters Indigo and Cineplex; the card is not used at physical retailers though I do carry it with me so it could have been cloned if someone was close enough to do so.

Mimosa97

Bought Hitman, will probably buy Skyrim on Xbox One and PS4 when it's on sale at Walmart ($30 a pop).

I'll end up owning Skyrim on 5 different mediums (6 with the Switch), and I've already played the game 10+ times. I have a problem lol. But mods make it so damn replayable.

How is Skyrim on the pro ? I've never played it but I remember playing oblivion on the 360 and I enjoyed it (only played for like 50 hours before quitting though).

trixx

any crazy deals on tvs? for some reason my dad is searching for a 4k tv on sale during boxing day. Any recommendations? Ideal price is around 1000 probably 1.3 max

probably shoulda got one on black friday =/ and I woulda got ps4 pro instead of xbox one s

No, don't support a company that refuses to fix their shitty security. It's not about using PayPal.
They need to fix their security holes before I give them any money or support.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226993829&postcount=12457

Ok hold off then!
This is the same issue I have now actually -.-

FFXV, TLG, BF1, Hitman, Nier Demo, GR 2 demo...omg the list never ends.

Wait, what?

What do you mean? Has someone gotten their credit card info stolen by using this site in the past?.

This is news to me too. I've used VGP for years now and haven't had a problem yet....

Wedge7

Anyone know where I can get Gears of War 4 Digital code? I know I can purchase one online from Xbox Live, but I want a gift a code to a friend.

in length? no way lol. give yourself a week or two and you can chew everything on that list except Witcher 2

13 games where the majority of the list is first/third person shooters with an expected playtime of 6-8 hours each doesn't amount to much

if your list was full of TW2-like games then that's what I'd call a backlog

Are you out of your mind? You think I could finish those games in a week or two? More like 3-4 months if I'm lucky. 6-8 hours each? Not a chance. Watch Dogs 2? 30-40 hours. Rise of the Tomb Raider? 15 hours. Forza Horizon 3? 20+ hours. Sunset Overdrive? 20 hours. Quantum Break? 10 hours. Then there's all of the Halo and Gears games. Plus a 30+ hour Witcher game. If anyone plays those games in 1-2 weeks, they have a serious problem.

And that IS a big backlog. Just because some people have even more insane backlogs, doesn't mean mine isn't large. And not just large, but full of really high profile games.

MrFlooD

Anyone know where I can get Gears of War 4 Digital code? I know I can purchase one online from Xbox Live, but I want a gift a code to a friend.

You can buy the digital code from the Microsoft online store. (not to be confused with the Xbox store)

They email you the code instantly.

ohlawd

Are you out of your mind? You think I could finish those games in a week or two? More like 3-4 months if I'm lucky. 6-8 hours each? Not a chance. Watch Dogs 2? 30-40 hours. Rise of the Tomb Raider? 15 hours. Forza Horizon 3? 20+ hours. Sunset Overdrive? 20 hours. Quantum Break? 10 hours. Then there's all of the Halo and Gears games. Plus a 30+ hour Witcher game. If anyone plays those games in 1-2 weeks, they have a serious problem.

And that IS a big backlog. Just because some people have even more insane backlogs, doesn't mean mine isn't large. And not just large, but full of really high profile games.

why are your average playtimes inflated to hell?

I don't even understand why you'd have to add "high profile games" as if that is supposed to amount to something lol get real. the only two games on your list that has content equal to its production values in quantity and quality (I'm going along with your idea that high production values equates to more content) are Forza Horizon 3 and TW2.

and you probably have this idea in your head that I'm putting down the games in your list when I'm not. you actually have a very good backlog quality-wise. I have good memories of playing the Halo games back-to-back with MCC and stuff. shit holds up well uhh except Combat Evolved.

Watch Dogs 2 is actually good? Maybe I'll get it when it hits 30 bucks

You guys ready for boxing day? I haven't really looked at any flyers but I'll be checking this thread to see if you guys find anything good

why are your average playtimes inflated to hell?

I don't even understand why you'd have to add "high profile games" as if that is supposed to amount to something lol get real. the only two games on your list that has content equal to its production values in quantity and quality (I'm going along with your idea that high production values equates to more content) are Forza Horizon 3 and TW2.

and you probably have this idea in your head that I'm putting down the games in your list when I'm not. you actually have a very good backlog quality-wise. I have good memories of playing the Halo games back-to-back with MCC and stuff. shit holds up well uhh except Combat Evolved.

Whatever dude. My play times are WAY closer than yours. 6-8 hours is complete laughable bullshit. Not a chance in hell you beat Watch Dogs 2 in less than 20 hours if you do side quests too. 30 hours is absolutely plausible...the first game took me that long. 20 hours is very reasonable for main quests and side quests in Sunset Overdrive.The IGN review even says exactly that. 20 hours for Forza? EASILY. 15 hours in Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration? You're damn right. You have no clue what you are talking about with 6-8 hours each. Sorry to tell you.

N° 2048

Come on folks, let's just be happy we're all drowning in games. We got an amazing Q1 2017 coming up and let's not forget the Switch in March :)

I've learned to embrace my backlog, always got something to play no matter the mood.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
any crazy deals on tvs? for some reason my dad is searching for a 4k tv on sale during boxing day. Any recommendations? Ideal price is around 1000 probably 1.3 max

probably shoulda got one on black friday =/ and I woulda got ps4 pro instead of xbox one s

I posted this in the TV gaf thread only got one reply but really eyeing the last one at best buy in my post

I was wondering if I could get some help here picking a TV for Boxing day for my new house: I will list them with price and was wondering if I could get an opinion on the best options given, I am also a gamer mind you if that helps narrow it down:

Walmart: 58" Samsung Smart TV, 1080p, 60HZ, 2XHDMI, 2X USB UN58H5202, $698.00

Superstore: 60" Sony Smart LED TV, 1080p, KDL60W630, $898.00

Best Buy: 55" Sharp Roku Smart Tv, LED, 1080p, DTS Trusound, built in WIFI
43L420U, 499.99

Best Buy: 50" Samsung 4K HDR UHD Smart LED TV, Motion Rate 120, Built in WIFI HDR
UN50KU627OFXZC 699.99

Thanks, if possible positives and negatives for some but what would be the better purchase.

Ventara

Come on folks, let's just be happy we're all drowning in games. We got an amazing Q1 2017 coming up and let's not forget the Switch in March :)

Tell me about it. Nier:A, GR2, P5, Horizon and more? And I only have P5 preordered. For PS3. My wallet is going to dieeeeee.

Is Watch Dogs 2 worth $45?
Thing is I still haven't gotten through the games that I already have -_-

I'll be the lone dissenting view here. It didnt get my attention at all. The concept and story in particular didnt resonate with me. Gameplay is fine, better than the first for sure. I'll pick it up again in a year when it hits $20.

Ventara

Should I get Steins;Gate 0 for $49.99 + $2.99 (Uninsured/10-12 Day) shipping from VGP.ca?

Seems like a really good deal. ($30 off.)

I'm on the edge myself. Just bought U4 and Deus Ex MD today, so I don't know if I should. I'm definitely getting Shiren, though. Will probably pick up a $5 game, too, to get free shipping.

I'm on the edge myself. Just bought U4 and Deus Ex MD today, so I don't know if I should. I'm definitely getting Shiren, though. Will probably pick up a $5 game, too, to get free shipping.

What is their free shipping? (The uninsured is $2.99 for 10-12 days)

Also, I had trouble finding a cheap game to get over that 0.01c hurdle, what did you use?

kevin1025

Banned
- Watch Dogs 2
- Forza Horizon 3
- Sunset Overdrive
- Halo 5
- Quantum Break
- Witcher 2

Forza alone will eat your life up.

I have bought so many games from early sales and PSN deals.... and yet I'm ultra tempted to grab Mafia III and Deus Ex on Monday, haha. $30 each at Wal-Mart is too good to pass up :(

Ventara

Well, tbf, a backlog indicates you actually plan to get around to it. I don't think that a possibility for some of us anymore. At least not in this lifetime.

I posted this in the TV gaf thread only got one reply but really eyeing the last one at best buy in my post

I was wondering if I could get some help here picking a TV for Boxing day for my new house: I will list them with price and was wondering if I could get an opinion on the best options given, I am also a gamer mind you if that helps narrow it down:

Walmart: 58" Samsung Smart TV, 1080p, 60HZ, 2XHDMI, 2X USB UN58H5202, $698.00

Superstore: 60" Sony Smart LED TV, 1080p, KDL60W630, $898.00

Best Buy: 55" Sharp Roku Smart Tv, LED, 1080p, DTS Trusound, built in WIFI
43L420U, 499.99

Best Buy: 50" Samsung 4K HDR UHD Smart LED TV, Motion Rate 120, Built in WIFI HDR
UN50KU627OFXZC 699.99

Thanks, if possible positives and negatives for some but what would be the better purchase.

Been looking myself for 3 months. All this HDR speak is confusing - now I read its not as worth it if the tv is not high end?

Bought a 1080p in summer that was kind of mid-range rated. IMO its been a 10/10 value. What I see simply didnt match some of the impressions in the negative reviews.

Also keep in mind reviews online may look at stuff that doesnt matter to YOUR usage, like viewing angles, SD content, built in speakers, cable tv watching, etc.

Point being, look at your potential use, and budget, and get what fits. Dont pay for features you will rarely use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom