• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechJunk

Ordered Skyrim and Mafia III from Walmart this morning, came home tonight and saw that Amazon had price matched them and that Walmart's shipping was listed as...the middle of January. Yeeouch. I should've waited. Anyone have any experience canceling from WalMart? Their site says you can only do it in the first 30 minutes after you order.

I cancelled a PSVR order from Walmart back in September. Sent them an email and they took care of it.
Just be polite and courteous, even if it's not in their policy, they will probably take care of you. Maybe mention how you're a loyal Walmart customer (barf).

MikeyMike

I'm an Apple-only for laptops person, but I heard Lenovos are nice.

I've tried a few laptops over the years and recently got my first MacBook and this thing is great.

As for Windows laptops, I usually go with Dell (if you have the money) and stay clear from both Lenovo and Samsung, which I had a lot of problems with.

stn

Done my Boxing Day shopping just like that. Ordered the Bioshock Collection for $30, plus Mafia 3 for $25. Great success, I wanted both. Heads up to anyone interested, these prices are off Amazon.

BTails

Joined the VR family this morning! Hopefully the last week of PSN's sale will have some good VR prices. Going to pick up Rigs from Best Buy tomorrow for $29.99, and EB has $5 off Batman VR.

Oneself

Done my Boxing Day shopping just like that. Ordered the Bioshock Collection for $30, plus Mafia 3 for $25. Great success, I wanted both. Heads up to anyone interested, these prices are off Amazon.
Bioshock is 49.99$ and Mafia 29.99$. wtf
(PS4)

I think the last thing I am waiting/hoping for is Amazon to match BB $20 price for dying light though since it's seems to be OOS at BB they may not price match.

Ondore

Boxing Day shopping done.

- Hyrule Warriors Legends $29.99
- Bravely Second $29.99
- Doom $29.96 (-$2.85 for some reason?)
- 2TB SSHD for my new PS4 Slim $118.74
- $50 PS+ 1yr card

I figure I may as well go big on the drive because I have a friend who has to constantly clean the fridge on his 1TB.

etta

my hard graphic balls

- Bravely Second $29.99
- $50 PS+ 1yr card

I figure I may as well go big on the drive because I have a friend who has to constantly clean the fridge on his 1TB.
2 TB ain't a whole lot either, these dumbasses at Sony really need to add external HDD support.

hiim_haz

Banned
Got a steal with The BioShock Collection on XBO for $29.99.

I'm done lol. I almost ended up with Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for $29.99 too but I'm holding off until I see that for $19.99 lol.

zroid

Banned
Art of Splatoon price drop to $32.39 @ amazon

as expected

I'm hoping Indigo follows suit in the next couple days, then I'll order it with the MasterPass 20% off :)

superbad

The case is taller and thinner. It's annoying and kept slipping on my shelf.

I already own RotTR for Xbox One, and this is the only thing keeping me from buying the PS4 version.

My inner Chewie doesn't like how it would stand out from the rest of my game cases.

LifeLike

Looking at that one too also at the Surface Pro.

Any reason to get the surface pro over this one?

Love my Surface Pro 4. Got one on kijiji brand new. i5 - 256gb SSD - 16gb ram. for 1350$.
But then you also want the docking station, the surface keyboard and the display port adapter. I think it's better if you get the Dell deal. But again, the Surface Pro 4 is a tablet/laptop/Desktop. Pretty fucking awesome.

Can't seem to make a transaction on PSN. On the console or on the website. I will assume it's just Christmas Day effect.

I was able to purchase yesterday.

Gibran7

Love my Surface Pro 4. Got one on kijiji brand new. i5 - 256gb SSD - 16gb ram. for 1350$.
But then you also want the docking station, the surface keyboard and the display port adapter. I think it's better if you get the Dell deal. But again, the Surface Pro 4 is a tablet/laptop/Desktop. Pretty fucking awesome.

That is an incredible price for that Version. Nice bargain hunting!

- Bravely Second $29.99
- $50 PS+ 1yr card

The dropped the laptop model but not the desktop model for the SSHD? Bleh. I need to upgrade my PC.

kevin1025

Banned
Can't seem to make a transaction on PSN. On the console or on the website. I will assume it's just Christmas Day effect.

I was able to purchase yesterday.

I had that problem back on Christmas Eve. Ended up grabbing PSN cards since I thought it might not be resolved before the flash sale ended!

gabbo

- Bravely Second $29.99
- $50 PS+ 1yr card

Are hybrid drives worth the time? I've not used one before, so I'm weary to jump in, even if that's a decent price

Any places selling Xbox Live for cheaper than $50? I got it off some site last year for like $37 after conversion to Canadian, but I doubt that is happening again.

Endy MacK

Art of Splatoon price drop to $32.39 @ amazon

as expected

I'm hoping Indigo follows suit in the next couple days, then I'll order it with the MasterPass 20% off :)

Damn, I didn't know about this MasterPass thing, and just made a 55 dollar indigo order yesterday.....with a Mastercard. Ugh.
Can you use the deal multiple times?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Tempted by this but I've already finished the first and Infinite (multiple times). Can anyone vouch for the quality of the remasters?
Aiming has a bit of a weird acceleration curve and the sound is somewhat fucked (not as high quality and positioning is sometimes off), but they aren't major annoyances.

zroid

Banned
Damn, I didn't know about this MasterPass thing, and just made a 55 dollar indigo order yesterday.....with a Mastercard. Ugh.
Can you use the deal multiple times?
you don't even need to use a mastercard to use masterpass, heh

is it too late to cancel and re-order?

Endy MacK

you don't even need to use a mastercard to use masterpass, heh

is it too late to cancel and re-order?

Oh, good to know! :)

I just tried to put my order together again and 8-bit Mario plus bowser are sold out, so probably not worth it. That's ok, though. Still happy with the deal.

Endy MacK

Anyone have a recommendation on the 7.99 MetalSlug anthology? Seems like a really good value for someone whose never played before (me)?

Anyone have a recommendation on the 7.99 MetalSlug anthology? Seems like a really good value for someone whose never played before (me)?

I like having that collection on my PS4. I don't know how sound it is technically but it's a lot of fun. I wish SNK would release their other PS2 anthologies on PS4.

Oneself

oops sorry double post!

It's really good, worth every penny. And there's a neat tube-like filter available, it makes the games look pretty much like on an arcade cabinet.
It's waaaay less expensive than the "current gen ports" too.

Ondore

Are hybrid drives worth the time? I've not used one before, so I'm weary to jump in, even if that's a decent price

They're faster than a standard spinning drive but not as much as a SSD would be. Given the insane file sizes for PS4 games (Doom, I'm looking at you) it's a great speed/size combo.

I bought a $25 egift card from Ikea yesterday evening. I thought they would send it instantly to my address so I could print it out and add it to a gift but it still hasn't arrived.

Disappointing.

I already own RotTR for Xbox One, and this is the only thing keeping me from buying the PS4 version.

My inner Chewie doesn't like how it would stand out from the rest of my game cases.

Lol.

I double dipped on it this year, something I never ever do. The PS4 Pro version looks really nice, was totally worth it. Sold it already at EB games though, after finishing it, will rebuy next year when it's under 20 bucks and the case is back to a normal size

Endy MacK

I like having that collection on my PS4. I don't know how sound it is technically but it's a lot of fun. I wish SNK would release their other PS2 anthologies on PS4.

oops sorry double post!

It's really good, worth every penny. And there's a neat tube-like filter available, it makes the games look pretty much like on an arcade cabinet.
It's waaaay less expensive than the "current gen ports" too.

Thanks! I'll go for it then. I do have a shiny new 25 dollar psn card to use :)

CKB3375

I never trade in anything to EB but the current trade in promotion for the Xbox One S was an amazing deal I couldn't pass on.

Traded in my 500GB launch console for the Gears of War/ Halo Xbox One S, which includes Gears of War 4, Gears of War Remastered, Halo 5 Guardians, Halo MCC, and NBA 2K17 - all for $99 plus tax.

Merry Christmas all, hope you're enjoying time with loved ones.

Maddog

I never trade in anything to EB but the current trade in promotion for the Xbox One S was an amazing deal I couldn't pass on.

Traded in my 500GB launch console for the Gears of War/ Halo Xbox One S, which includes Gears of War 4, Gears of War Remastered, Halo 5 Guardians, Halo MCC, and NBA 2K17 - all for $99 plus tax.

Merry Christmas all, hope you're enjoying time with loved ones.

Did you have to haggle to get them to substitute that console? My EB was out of the BF1 bundle and refused to offer an alternative.

CKB3375

Did you have to haggle to get them to substitute that console? My EB was out of the BF1 bundle and refused to offer an alternative.

Nope, no haggling whatsoever. They weren't sure if the console would apply but their system allowed the trade in without any intervention on their part.

If I'm not mistaken EB also sent out emails saying that you could trade in your old console for this bundle during the Boxing Day event as well.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tempted to get SMT4 Apoc for $40 but idk if it'll drop lower like SMT4 did.

Same. I haven't even played through the first game yet. :/
SMT4A >>>> SMT4

Might as well wait at this point if you're worried for the price.

SMT4 obviously provides a bit more context though I only played about 30% of it and didn't enjoy it too much. SMT4A though was so good it almost made me want to go back and finish it. They made a lot of little adjustments that really added up and made it more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom