• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyMike

Here's my haul for this year :

- 55in LG OLED TV
- Linksys router
- Recore (for my nephew)

Would've like to buy Dying Light for 20$ and I'll be waiting for a few games to hit the 30$ mark before I pull the trigger... the TV put quite a dent on my credit card.

Question : Anyplace I can get Overwatch Funko figurines for cheap? I bought a few for my nephew a while back and my niece would love to have Tracer at the least.

I also got the Bioshock Collection for $30. I nearly bought it for $50 the other day. So sweet deal for me! I am also considering Doom for $30. What do you think the likelihood is that it will drop even more soon?

Maddog

Nope, no haggling whatsoever. They weren't sure if the console would apply but their system allowed the trade in without any intervention on their part.

If I'm not mistaken EB also sent out emails saying that you could trade in your old console for this bundle during the Boxing Day event as well.

Anyone have a screenshot of this?

I also got the Bioshock Collection for $30. I nearly bought it for $50 the other day. So sweet deal for me! I am also considering Doom for $30. What do you think the likelihood is that it will drop even more soon?

I would say it's possible since it was $25 on Black Friday

Kiro

Just made a deal with my brother:

He gets to borrow Titanfall 2 until the next time I'm home and I get to permanently keep his copy of until dawn.

He didn't like the game for some reason.

Picked up Overwatch (PS4) for $40 from Best Buy and I think that's all I'll be grabbing this year. The first part of 2017 has to many good games to start adding to the backlog at this point.

MARNEY

Just bought 2 Psn subs at my local couche tard corner store at 49.99$ each, they still carry the original subscription cards. Redeemed both & they worked! Idk if all stores still carry the old cards, or if I just got lucky, but worth a look if you live in Quebec & need to renew your subscription.

Cru Jones

Just bought 2 Psn subs at my local couche tard corner store at 49.99$ each, they still carry the original subscription cards. Redeemed both & they worked! Idk if all stores still carry the old cards, or if I just got lucky, but worth a look if you live in Quebec & need to renew your subscription.

Probably 75% of the stores I frequent still have the $49.99 cards

If anyone wants a $5 USD off coupon for play asia its yours, send me a pm first come first serve. Expires Jan 3,
Edit: Gotta spend at least $60 USD to use it.

MarkusRJR

What're the chances of SMT4:A getting a bigger price drop later? Worried the game will disappear off stores once stock runs dry rather than get a proper price drop.

I can never tell with Atlus games.

Vamphuntr

What're the chances of SMT4:A getting a bigger price drop later? Worried the game will disappear off stores once stock runs dry rather than get a proper price drop.

I can never tell with Atlus games.

My guess is that they've shipped less copies this time. With IV you could find the game with the guide on clearance for a while. It will obviously go on sale anyway to clear stock though.

Great game. I loved IV and this one is even better.

zroid

Banned
the great thing about Atlus is whatever the retail status, you can always count on their games being eventually discounted by 50% or more digitally

MarkusRJR

My guess is that they've shipped less copies this time. With IV you could find the game with the guide on clearance for a while. It will obviously go on sale anyway to clear stock though.

Great game. I loved IV and this one is even better.
Ahh okay. Yeah SMT4 was great. Never finished it since I got distracted with other JRPGs but I know I'll eventually come back and play it and it's sequel. Probably after I finish Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Persona 5. So much constant Atlus goodness these last few years.

the great thing about Atlus is whatever the retail status, you can always count on their games being eventually discounted by 50% or more digitally
But Dat physical collection tho.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What are some must buy games for Boxing Day? Not seeing anything which screams BUY NOW.

kevin1025

Banned
How does Wal-Mart work with items out of stock? I bought Mafia III last night but now it's showing out of stock on their online store as of right now. Am I guaranteed a copy or boned till they receive more?

Waterdrop

I think I won Christmas.
wTUu8Gq.jpg

Ryne

Got $200 Steam dollars today for a gift, spent it in about 5 minutes.

I thought the deals were better in previous years, but that just might be bad memory.

Waterdrop

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS

I Pre-ordered this Snorlax 8 months ago, forgot about it entirely, and then the day before I got it, I am like, I think I ordered something a long time ago for like 250$ but I forgot what it was.

Just after that I get this MASSIVE box, I am like OH MY GOD

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Got $200 Steam dollars today for a gift, spent it in about 5 minutes.

I thought the deals were better in previous years, but that just might be bad memory.

lol $200 is my 3+ year budget on steam, and you spent it in 5min. Bravo

Ryne

What did you buy?

I am Setsuna - CDN$ 29.47
Heart&Slash - CDN$ 12.74
Mekazoo - CDN$ 10.99
CrossCode - CDN$ 18.69
Edge of Twilight - Return to Glory - CDN$ 4.24
Ember - CDN$ 4.39
Xanadu Next - CDN$ 19.99
Seraph - CDN$ 4.75
Momonga Pinball Adventures - CDN$ 5.19
Final Fantasy V - CDN$ 11.24
FINAL FANTASY VI - CDN$ 11.24
TRANSFORMERS: Devastation - CDN$ 12.99
Anima Gate of Memories - CDN$ 16.49
Batman: The Telltale Series - CDN$ 18.75
Zenith - CDN$ 12.74
Sorcery! Part 3 - CDN$ 4.39
Sorcery! Part 4 - CDN$ 4.39

Subtotal CDN$ 377.33
Discount CDN$ -174.65 (-46%)
Total CDN$ 202.68

..yikes, never again.

lol $200 is my 3+ year budget on steam, and you spent it in 5min. Bravo

I tend to leave all my purchases to sales times, so I buy in bulk then play until the next major sale.

X-Factor

I already own RotTR for Xbox One, and this is the only thing keeping me from buying the PS4 version.

My inner Chewie doesn't like how it would stand out from the rest of my game cases.

I disliked the artbook case so much that I imported a USA standard version off of eBay.
I don't mind if Square Enix includes a completely separate artbook, but when the artbook doubles as the game case I would prefer to get the standard game in a regular PS4 case instead.

The texture of the RotTR case is coarse to touch unlike the FInal Fantasy X or World of Final Fantasy limited edition artbook case ones. It feels like sand paper by comparison.

On the plus side the USA standard edition does not have the bilingual (Canadian version English/French) redundant text captions of the front and back of the box.

qrkGaZc.jpg

25CNx2d.jpg

kennah

I Pre-ordered this Snorlax 8 months ago, forgot about it entirely, and then the day before I got it, I am like, I think I ordered something a long time ago for like 250$ but I forgot what it was.

I love this story. Thanks for sharing. Is it awesome? It looks awesome. I want one so bad.

zroid

Banned

best christmas ever

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Amazing, wish I had the space for life sized snorlax.

Is there a website anywhere that rounds up all of the Boxing Day deals? I'm specifically looking for some tech stuff like a SSD, new monitor and an Elgato capture card.
RFD is your best bet, I think.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Does the fucking DualShock 4 need a direct line of sight to the console to work properly what the fuck..!?!?!
If I have my feet up something is in the way, I get massive interference and the controller input lags and acts weird as shit.
What. the. fuck.

grumble

Does the fucking DualShock 4 need a direct line of sight to the console to work properly what the fuck..!?!?!
If I have my feet up something is in the way, I get massive interference and the controller input lags and acts weird as shit.
What. the. fuck.

It's Bluetooth so it doesn't but it has about a 20 foot range or so. If there are solid objects or a lot of wireless interference it might be lower.

Gxgear

What. the. fuck.

Are you a cylon?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What. the. fuck.

Nope. I even take my Dualshock 4 into the kitchen sometimes and it registers button presses. Something wrong with your controller or signal interference.

What. the. fuck.

Do you have the camera? I found I occasionally had issues as well with the camera plugged in. Don't think I've experienced anything similar since unplugging it.

Yasumi

Banned
Oh god, I got soooo much candy. Also a tea set, Attack on Titan manga, two travel mugs, and money from my dad. Had lots of pastries tonight at the family Christmas party too. Think I might need to pick up jogging again soon.

jholmes

This story is the real Christmas miracle.

George Michael dying really fucked up my holiday so thanks for sharing.

I heard that SSD prices are going to go up. Is that true? I guess this would be the best time to nab one cheap, huh? I can wait but I don't want to wait like months upon months for SSD deals like this.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It's Bluetooth so it doesn't but it has about a 20 foot range or so. If there are solid objects or a lot of wireless interference it might be lower.

Are you a cylon?

Nope. I even take my Dualshock 4 into the kitchen sometimes and it registers button presses. Something wrong with your controller or signal interference.

Do you have the camera? I found I occasionally had issues as well with the camera plugged in. Don't think I've experienced anything similar since unplugging it.
Nope, believe me my jaw was on the floor, too. I was getting massive input delays, then I moved the controller closer to the console and held it in its direct line of sight and the delay was gone. I use it 4-5 meters away, so it's definitely not a distance issue,

A different subject, can prepaid credit cards (Master Card) be used on PSN? I don't want to get my account banned if some fancy shenanigans happen with the payments, so I was thinking to go to a store and buy a PSN card with it.

Edit: or rather, gas stations take these prepaid cards too, right? I'd rather just use it there since I need gas in the morning anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom