• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa97

I think I won Christmas.
wTUu8Gq.jpg

Congrats on reaching the front page of reddit :)

etta

my hard graphic balls
Sooo, holy fucking shit, the DualShock 4 is extremely prone to interference. I have my router on the shelf beneath the Pro, I've got an iPad and iPhone in the room, an Xbox wireless adapter that's always on, and the Bell wireless TV transmitter thingie, too.
But for fuck's sake Sony, what the actual fuck. I don't have any problems with the Xbox controller, this shit is a fucking joke by today's standards. Everyone has dozens of wireless devices nowadays, make your fucking controllers so they aren't prone to interference.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I can make the controller lag by moving the iPad close to it.

terrible

Banned
Sooo, holy fucking shit, the DualShock 4 is extremely prone to interference. I have my router on the shelf beneath the Pro, I've got an iPad and iPhone in the room, an Xbox wireless adapter that's always on, and the Bell wireless TV transmitter thingie, too.
But for fuck's sake Sony, what the actual fuck. I don't have any problems with the Xbox controller, this shit is a fucking joke by today's standards. Everyone has dozens of wirelesss devices nowadays, make your fucking controllers so they aren't prone to interference.

Are you getting that weird input lag crap? The worst part is I think it only charges when wired so you can't even plug it in to fix the problem. Unbelievable.

And yeah. Xbox One controllers are fine. Xbox 360 controllers are fine. PS3 controller are fine. Sony really f'd up with the PS4 controller.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Are you getting that weird input lag crap? The worst part is I think it only charges when wired so you can't even plug it in to fix the problem. Unbelievable.

And yeah. Xbox One controllers are fine. Xbox 360 controllers are fine. PS3 controller are fine. Sony really f'd up with the PS4 controller.
No I am kissing the floor now because they finally added data transfer over USB. So now I will have to use it wired 24/7, what a fucking joke.

terrible

Banned
No I am kissing the floor now because they finally added data transfer over USB. So now I will have to use it wired 24/7, what a fucking joke.

Oh damn, when did they add that? I actually moved my PS4 into another room because I too was having major issues.

kevin1025

Banned
But for fuck's sake Sony, what the actual fuck. I don't have any problems with the Xbox controller, this shit is a fucking joke by today's standards. Everyone has dozens of wirelesss devices nowadays, make your fucking controllers so they aren't prone to interference.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I can make the control lag by moving the iPad close to it.

That's crazy! Sorry if it's been asked or mentioned in a previous post, but how far do you sit from the Pro? Are all of the other devices in relatively close proximity apart from the router? I had no idea this was a problem, but looking around, it's a thing. Is using a USB cable an option? I wonder if that fixes things. It sucks since having a wireless controller nowadays is supposed to just work, but I play almost exclusively wired and it's not so bad!

Edit: Just saw your responses while I wrote. Sorry that that seems to be the only solution :(

etta

my hard graphic balls
That's crazy! Sorry if it's been asked or mentioned in a previous post, but how far do you sit from the Pro? Are all of the other devices in relatively close proximity apart from the router? I had no idea this was a problem, but looking around, it's a thing. Is using a USB cable an option? I wonder if that fixes things. It sucks since having a wireless controller nowadays is supposed to just work, but I play almost exclusively wired and it's not so bad!

Edit: Just saw your responses while I wrote. Sorry that that seems to be the only solution :(
Yea my room is medium sized so fortunately I can use the wire and still remain comfortable, but it's ridiculous.

Ooccoo

I want to play Killing Floor 2, but the price is still higher than what I want to pay for it. Hopefully there's a good deal soon because $34.99 isn't very exciting.

ohlawd

wow people were buying stuff this year compared to last year's at Best Buy in-store. the aisles were lined up with a shitload of TVs and folks were eating that up.

got some shit for the fam and $5 Day after Tomorrow for me. shut up I liked that movie <_<

N° 2048

Nothing for me on Boxing Day. Maybe some cheap earbuds but I got way too much to play and watch.

Most these deals will be back year round anyway.

zroid

Banned
The only thing I kinda wanted to get was a blu-ray player for my parents but they told me not to spend more than $50-60 and I can't find any for less than around $70, and those don't even have wi-fi

my boxing day "haul" will be limited to a bunch of amiibo, I guess

etta

my hard graphic balls
wow people were buying stuff this year compared to last year's at Best Buy in-store. the aisles were lined up with a shitload of TVs and folks were eating that up.

got some shit for the fam and $5 Day after Tomorrow for me. shut up I liked that movie <_<
'Twas a good movie don't fret.

Sora_N

Think this is my first Boxing Day since moving to Canada I haven't spent a penny in the sales

Awful deals

I'm not even planning to buy anything. Gonna go to the gym but I might walk by and see lol.

I bought 2 movies off Amazon using my coupon 2 nights ago already.

jzbluz

I ended up preordering a bunch of manga at Chapters so I guess that was my Boxing Day haul. I also managed to use a 10% off code, so it was almost as good as the Amazon sale I managed to missed last month.

Are there any stores where you can pay for pre-orders when you make the order as opposed to when it ships?

Chapters? And I think VGP if you use paypal. If you want to pay for things right away, why don't you buy a gift card and use that?

trixx

My dad ended up buying samsung 55 inch quantum dot tv, i"m surprised and it looks like a thing from the future.

They only had 4 in stock since it was save $700, best buy at stc was opened at 6am got there at like 7 and had to line up for a tv. Ended up leaving there at like 8:30.

Kinda ridiculous cause i wasn't expecting to get a 4k tv anytime soon

I would have spent a bunch more money today had it not been for Canada adopting black Friday.

As it stands, just skyrim and witcher 3 complete. Maybe some Lego dimensions stuff yet as well.

iLLmAtlc

I didn't buy anything myself, was hoping for better call saul season 1 on bluray but it didn't even go on sale.

But there were some pretty neat deals. People who didn't pre order FFXV got a great deal, and Deus Ex for 30 was pretty hot.

Quick

Banned
Almost pulled the trigger on a 4K TV, but I want to do more research before I do so. Didn't want to just get the cheapest available ones.

etta

my hard graphic balls
My dad ended up buying samsung 55 inch quantum dot tv, i"m surprised and it looks like a thing from the future.

They only had 4 in stock since it was save $700, best buy at stc was opened at 6am got there at like 7 and had to line up for a tv. Ended up leaving there at like 8:30.

Kinda ridiculous cause i wasn't expecting to get a 4k tv anytime soon
KS8000?

Renewed

Didn't buy any games, but bought a simple chair after my old one broke last night. I think it'd help if I looked for a new desk too.

Kinda considering FFXIV but I'm not sure if I'm ready for the subscription-based lifestyle.

iLLmAtlc

Didn't buy any games, but bought a simple chair after my old one broke last night. I think it'd help if I looked for a new desk too.

Kinda considering FFXIV but I'm not sure if I'm ready for the subscription-based lifestyle.

What kinda chair? I'm in the market myself.

I didn't buy anything myself, was hoping for better call saul season 1 on bluray but it didn't even go on sale.

But there were some pretty neat deals. People who didn't pre order FFXV got a great deal, and Deus Ex for 30 was pretty hot.

$17 on Amazon isn't a deal? (I wouldn't know, been out of the blu Ray buying game for a while)

SickBoy

I'm glad the difference between buying the Intro Pack+Upgrade Pack for Hitman was only $3. I bought the Intro Pack to try it and while it's fun, I just don't think it's a game I have the patience for... I'm sure I'll get my fun out of it, but I can probably get as much Hitman as I need from Paris and the training mission... and if I really start wanting more, I can either wait or buy it episodically if I really start jonesing for it.

As for Boxing Day, count me among the "nothing for me" crowd. As expected, I did get R6: Siege for Christmas, otherwise I'd have taken the plunge at $15. But I still have so much to play and nothing is really standing out to me as "must play" content.... not even Mafia for $25 was enough to lure me.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I want to use the $25 off $100 coupon at Staples but cant find anything else I want besides FFXV for $50.

Edit: Knack for $7 and Tearaway Unfolded for $10. Still need to reach $100

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Source has Fire Emblem Fates and Hyrule Warriors Legends for $25 each, I believe thats the lowest they've ever been.

Edit: Both are sold out, should have checked that first derp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom