• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Come on, guys. Not everyone has the time to research PC parts. If you're starting with zero knowledge (for example), that's a LOT to learn. Nothing wrong with paying more for a pre-built.
Eh fully disagree in Canada. NCIX will build and ship a computer to you. Reddit or GAF will help pick out exactly what parts you need. You're spending $1000. Do a tiny bit of work and make sure you ge a computer that performs well and lasts.

Ryde3

does anyone have a PSN 20% discount coupon they're not using? For some reason Playstation was the only newsletter I DIDN'T subscribe too haha.

Going to grab The Witness + Inside, maybe some PS2 classics too.

MrFlooD

does anyone have a PSN 20% discount coupon they're not using? For some reason Playstation was the only newsletter I DIDN'T subscribe too haha.

Going to grab The Witness + Inside, maybe some PS2 classics too.

Already long expired. You would need to buy one off eBay now.

Qwyjibo

Eh fully disagree in Canada. NCIX will build and ship a computer to you. Reddit or GAF will help pick out exactly what parts you need. You're spending $1000. Do a tiny bit of work and make sure you ge a computer that performs well and lasts.
+1

I've done this with my last 2 PCs. Pick the parts at NCIX, price match them all from various sources, and pay the extra $50 for assembly. Assuming nothing major changes, I can't see myself going any other route for future PCs. You get the peace of mind of having it built for you plus you're choosing good parts and getting everything within your price range.

+1

I've done this with my last 2 PCs. Pick the parts at NCIX, price match them all from various sources, and pay the extra $50 for assembly. Assuming nothing major changes, I can't see myself going any other route for future PCs. You get the peace of mind of having it built for you plus you're choosing good parts and getting everything within your price range.

Thanks guys. Didn't know about this site. I will take a look.

Kyolux

Merry xmas and stuff guys.

Did I miss anything over the week-end? Been busy with reading steins;gate 0 (took me 37 hours to platinum) and then I was out of town.

Earlier today I put Oxenfree into my cart for $7.99, then I continued browsing the store for a little bit. When I checked out the sale was already over and without me noticing, I paid full price $19.99 for it. I just contacted PS Support. They can't apply the discount and they will start a refund process, but can't guarantee it :(.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Earlier today I put Oxenfree into my cart for $7.99, then I continued browsing the store for a little bit. When I checked out the sale was already over and without me noticing, I paid full price $19.99 for it. I just contacted PS Support. They can't apply the discount and they will start a refund process, but can't guarantee it :(.
Usually the refunds go through, and if you want to be a "dick", you can download the game and keep it even after you get the refund. I think it just get taken off your download list so you can't get it again.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Ah crap I just bought Abzu :(

Posts like this is why you never pay full price for anything, ever. I dont even do groceries until Ive had a good look at all the fliers.

Kyolux

Witch and the hundred knights for $11-12. Worth it? Seems a bit Ys-ish? Though reception from what I could gather was pretty lukewarm to meh.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I second this, NCIX builds are solid.

I was able to get a decent haul of stuff.

Grabbed Skyrim and Gears 4 for 30 each. And got myself an iPad Air 2.

Also slightly OT, but what happened to OCD Chewie? I haven't seen him around here lately.

Agree 100%

With PCS you have to go this route if you want your pc to last and be powerful enough for your needs. Gaf and a friend saved me $1000 a few years ago. Seriously end result was a pc more powerful than what I had initially expected and much cheaper.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Also slightly OT, but what happened to OCD Chewie? I haven't seen him around here lately.

He asked to have his account banned. One of his friends posted here saying he was OK but just wanted to take a break.

Ryne

Thanks Pyromaniac, spent an hour to switch over. 55 minutes of waiting, 5 minutes of actually setting it up lol.

Never had more than 500mb of data before, I'm excited :D

amrod

DUALSHOCK 4 USB Wireless Adapter - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition is a lightning deal on amazon.ca
$20.79
was $25

wish I waited... I bought one boxing day and its still in mail at $25 price

NYR

Are the Home Theatre sofas from Best Buy any good? I know to avoid the Bonded Leather but never heard of the brands they have.

Most are out of stock, must have missed the Boxing Day sale.

Virginia
Three Fourths Home
The Book of unwritten tales 2
Abzu
Inside
The Witness

Is there anything on this list that for whatever reason I shouldn't get? this is the first time this month there's a bunch of digital shit that's actually tempting.

Does anybody know of a decent place to sell a phone?

I have a month old Xperia XA Ultra that I want to get rid of. I bought it outright from Freedom, but ended up wanted an iPhone 7, so I took advantage of the Telus deal.

Lexxism

vulva

Cray cray deal that is still more expensive then Freedom <3

Freedom's been saving my ass since I moved to the US. I can switch between tmobile and at&t whenever one has better coverage in an area and I don't get billed for data use. I was so sure they'd get mad at me but so far no issues.

etta

my hard graphic balls
i had to return a ps4 pro at the ebgames closest to my house because of audio video problems, now my second ps4 pro is giving me other problems..

they gave me grief the first time i returned it...now im afraid what they'll do it if try to return it again
Return it to a different EB store?

krae_man

Freedom's been saving my ass since I moved to the US. I can switch between tmobile and at&t whenever one has better coverage in an area and I don't get billed for data use. I was so sure they'd get mad at me but so far no issues.

You're supposed to have a minimum amount of usage in your home zone. That will bite you in the ass eventually.

etta

my hard graphic balls
that's what im going to do, i just hope they dont say no
Then just ask for a refund and purchase another one right away while flipping them off.

Or better yet tell them to bring the manager and say that you're gonna use that refund money to go and buy one from Best Buy.

N° 2048

Then just ask for a refund and purchase another one right away while flipping them off.

Or better yet tell them to bring the manager and say that you're gonna use that refund money to go and buy one from Best Buy.

Hey etta, I like you.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hey etta, I like you.

shut_up_baby_futurama.gif

You too &#128536;

mf.luder

Just switched from Bell to Fido. Had the corporate plan that was rising in cost and this was too good to not jump on. Just waiting on them to port my number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom