• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I just managed to snag a $15 FFX/X2 on Best Buy. They had one in stock. Picked up a 4k blu-ray with it for free shipping. I might just return the blu-ray.

Did anyone pickup the Xbox One S Boxing Day Bundle (500g, Gears of War 4, Gears Ultimate, Halo Collection and Halo 5)?

Due to the double trade in value on December 22nd I just realised I have $200ish in credit that I wouldn't mind putting towards that console.

A few quick questions:
After downloading those 4 games, how much space is left on the 500g hard drive?

Are the 4 game download codes seperate? I already have Gears of War 4 and would much rather sell the code them be forced to redeem it.

Oh shit :( I'm sorry dude

How did they get into your psn account ? Is your email account compromised ?

Also did you have 2-Step Verification turned on ?

Just called and got my account back. I had no credit card registered so it was rather painless but it still sucked.

The last game I've played was ironically watch_dogs 2...

off topic but anyone here from the durham region area? thinking about moving out from my parents house to my own apartment maybe with my brother, yall suggest one of those basement/apartment type places or not? we're both employed

kevin1025

Banned
Did anyone pickup the Xbox One S Boxing Day Bundle (500g, Gears of War 4, Gears Ultimate, Halo Collection and Halo 5)?

Due to the double trade in value on December 22nd I just realised I have $200ish in credit that I wouldn't mind putting towards that console.

A few quick questions:

Are the 4 game download codes seperate? I already have Gears of War 4 and would much rather sell the code them be forced to redeem it.

I'm not sure on the second question, but if I'm remembering right, those four downloads/installs eat up around 240GB. With patches and updates it may be a little more.

m23

A few quick questions:

Halo 5 alone is about 90 GB and MCC is about 60 GB.

A few quick questions:

Looks like people have answered the hdd space part but if you are getting the bundle from EB it appears that h5 and gears 4 are physical copies and the other 2 are digital. They also give you a free choice of wwe 2k17 or nba 2k17. If you're credit is at EB that is.

SickBoy

How's this laptop?

https://www.microsoftstore.com/stor...nature-Edition-2-in-1-PC/productID.5057684700

Seems pretty good for the price? Though using an older gen processor. Mainly thinking of using it for video editing, Photoshop, and some of my coding stuff (possibly some games as well like DotA)

They have a Dell i5 for $50 cheaper than that. Not sure how great it is (seems really polarizing based on reviews), but it seems like better bang for the buck.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/stor...-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.333111400

jokkir

N° 2048

what problems? i've been using since day 1 and had no issues

You are right, it's always been reliable. Every time I see a "I got hacked on PSN" it's because people don't bother to put on 2FA, use same passwords, or fall for phishing sites (free $50 PSN card! Click here!).

It's frustrating to see people blame Sony for no reason.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hold the fuck up, the "fucking Sony" part was directed at them refusing to help until another day. I think that's perfectly reasonable, to expect them to help today not tomorrow, especially if you have credit cards plugged into their service, I mean I fucking hope that goes without saying. Sure people are probably on holiday that's understandable, but if you are running a giant marketplace, you better have people available to fix any security concerns, holiday or not.

Now, whether or not the person was using two factor, I don't think it's reasonable to put the blame on them for getting hacked. Could they have prevented it? Yea. But the primary person at fault is the lowlife who targets people's accounts.

N° 2048

Hold the fuck up, the "fucking Sony" part was directed at them refusing to help until another day. I think that's perfectly reasonable, to expect them to help today not tomorrow, especially if you have credit cards plugged into their service, I mean I fucking hope that goes without saying. Sure people are probably on holiday that's understandable, but if you are running a giant marketplace, you better have people available to fix any security concerns, holiday or not.

Now, whether or not the person was using two factor, I don't think it's reasonable to put the blame on them for getting hacked. Could they have prevented it? Yea. But the primary person at fault is the lowlife who targets people's accounts.

but ReddishGUI said he can't do anything until tomorrow, not Sony.

So my psn id has been changed and I can't do anything about it until tomorrow...

Fucking Sony.
Just called and got my account back. I had no credit card registered so it was rather painless but it still sucked.

The last game I've played was ironically watch_dogs 2...

Also it went pretty smooth in getting his account back.

etta

my hard graphic balls
They have 24/7 live chat(I think) but you need a valid account(not hacked) to use it.
Man, they fucking banned me from Live Chat because I contacted them twice about a refund of DriveClub. I bought it during a sale and then had a physical copy from a friend. Since I didn't particularly like the game, I tried getting a refund. First person said no, second person said they looked at my support chat history and it was against the terms to keep asking them so they banned me. Used the phone support and got a refund in 5 minutes.

Fucking Sony.

;P

N° 2048

Yeah you have to call them during business hours.

Ok, that's messed up.

There we go.

You deal with billions of dollars, you need 24/7 support, Sony.

100% agree. Especially with the PS+ price increase...

Man, they fucking banned me from Live Chat because I contacted them twice about a refund of DriveClub. I bought it during a sale and then had a physical copy from a friend. Since I didn't particularly like the game, I tried getting a refund. First person said no, second person said they looked at my support chat history and it's against the terms to keep asking them so they banned me. Used the phone support and got a refund in 5 minutes.

Fucking Sony.

;P

o_O speechless.

Fuck
ing
Sony
needs to improve their customer service.

firelogic

Ok, that's messed up.

100% agree. Especially with the PS+ price increase...

o_O speechless.

Fuck
ing
Sony
needs to improve their customer service.

Like any big company, for every interaction that goes badly, there are thousands that don't. People tend to make a big deal out of poor customer service and completely ignore good support which is why we see so many more complaints rather than kudos. Someone who was very happy with the help they got isn't going to run to an internet forum to give praise while a session that's going badly will have that same person posting while it's still going on.

N° 2048

Like any big company, for every interaction that goes badly, there are thousands that don't. People tend to make a big deal out of poor customer service and completely ignore good support which is why we see so many more complaints rather than kudos. Someone who was very happy with the help they got isn't going to run to an internet forum to give praise while a session that's going badly will have that same person posting while it's still going on.

For sure, I still think they should have a 24/7 line for cases like this. I thought they did. They have a 24/7 chat but like ReddishGUI said you need a PSN account to use it which is useless when you're account is not yours anymore.

When you get hacked, the more time that passes the less chance you have to get your account back.

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Upcoming Deals

These are for Amazon.CA.

Sorry, I was too slow on the posting for Disgaea 4.

Lightning Deal all claimed for Disgaea 4, but it says you can still order at the discounted price. I assume "waitlist available" means your order will be fulfilled if Amazon obtains additional stock.

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited - PS Vita

Link to product page

Regular Price: $39.99 + tax
Sale Price: $23.13 + tax

========

And the next deal goes live at 17:40 ET (or 17:10 ET with Prime). Not sure what the discounted price will be.

Stella Glow - Nintendo 3DS

Link to product page

Regular Price: $49.95 + tax
Sale Price: $39.99 + tax (as per gaboumafou)

Not sure what this game is all about, but maybe someone out there is interested in picking it up.

========

And this third deal goes live at 20:50 ET (or 20:20 ET with Prime). Not sure what the discounted price will be.

Dragon's Crown - PS Vita

Link to product page

Regular Price: $39.69 + tax
Sale Price: $19.84 + tax

Been wanting to get a physical copy of Dragon's Crown for my Vita, so this is a welcome sale for me. Hoping for at least ~40% off similar to Disgaea 4.

I thought I did but it didn't seemed like it.

Isn't it fun to blame people for getting hacked? :p

No actually. Not trying to blame him at all. I thought I had set my account up as well. But recently changed my password and noticed that there seems to be two types of security. One was a 5 digit pin which I don't recall doing. And another was a code that got sent via text to me. I don't recall getting a text the first time either. It's all rather confusing so I can see how someone might think they have it set, and not really have it.

Upcoming Deals

These are for Amazon.CA.

Sorry, I was too slow on the posting for Disgaea 4.

Lightning Deal all claimed for Disgaea 4, but it says you can still order at the discounted price. I assume "waitlist available" means your order will be fulfilled if Amazon obtains additional stock.

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited - PS Vita

Link to product page

Regular Price: $39.99 + tax
Sale Price: $23.13 + tax

Aw, missed Disgaea 4. Though that's really for the best, I own so many Disgaea games and have never even come close to finishing either incarnation of Disgaea 3 so whatever.

"Waitlist available" just means there are still people who have it in their cart but haven't yet checked out. If they don't check out within the allotted time, they lose their claim on the deal, allowing someone from the waitlist to get it instead. No new stock gets allotted (and in fact I think Disgaea 4 is still available for purchase at the normal price).

Jamaal23

Neo Member
"Waitlist available" just means there are still people who have it in their cart but haven't yet checked out. If they don't check out within the allotted time, they lose their claim on the deal, allowing someone from the waitlist to get it instead. No new stock gets allotted (and in fact I think Disgaea 4 is still available for purchase at the normal price).

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

etta

my hard graphic balls
So looking at stuff I have to get through, aside from Dead Rising 4 and Bioshock, I don't have any single player experiences until Horizon in late February. I was thinking of getting either Dishonored 2 or Watch Dogs 2, which one to get? Leaning towards Dishonored, how lengthy/meaty is it? I remember I finished the first in two sittings.

So looking at stuff I have to get through, aside from Dead Rising 4 and Bioshock, I don't have any single player experiences until Horizon in late February. I was thinking of getting either Dishonored 2 or Watch Dogs 2, which one to get? Leaning towards Dishonored, how lengthy/meaty is it? I remember I finished the first in two sittings.

Really enjoyed dishonored 2 and I'm currently having a fun time with wd2.

WD2 is the meatier game but dishonored 2 is quite replayable.

You can't go wrong with either of them imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom