• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Really enjoyed dishonored 2 and I'm currently having a fun time with wd2.

WD2 is the meatier game but dishonored 2 is quite replayable.

You can't go wrong with either of them imo.

Just got back 5 minutes ago, installing Dishonored 2 now. 10GB patch fucking hell.

N° 2048

Just got back 5 minutes ago, installing Dishonored 2 now. 10GB patch fucking hell.

It's sucks that every time I get a physical game I have to rush open it and put it in my PS4 as soon as I step into the door.
I use to let it sit on the desk, settle in and enjoy unwrapping them but now it's like "put it in ASAP it probably has a giant patch to download."

:(

Gxgear

It's sucks that every time I get a physical game I have to rush open it and put it in my PS4 as soon as I step into the door.
I use to let it sit on the desk, settle in and enjoy unwrapping them but now it's like "put it in ASAP it probably has a giant patch to download."

:(

You could boot in offline mode, then turn it back on for background download.

mf.luder

Guys, I have a bunch of optimum points saved up ($465 worth) but can't use them. I thought I could exchange them for gift cards but they don't allow that.

PM me if you're interested in discussing this. I'm from Niagara (Ontario).

Guys, I have a bunch of optimum points saved up ($465 worth) but can't use them. I thought I could exchange them for gift cards but they don't allow that.

PM me if you're interested in discussing this. I'm from Niagara (Ontario).

I only found this out a few days ago, but just in case for anyone else:

Loblaws is backtracking on the optimum points program cancellation for now, so if you were worried about all those points you were saving up, you can breathe a slight sigh of relief.

Alejandrold

Neo Member
Honestly, no. It's easily the worst Halo campaign and one of the worst shooter campaigns I've played in a long time.

I would (very amicably!) disagree. It doesn't have the same "big" feeling that games like Halo 3 had, but I think the moment-to-moment interactions are a lot of fun. The story is very clearly a lead-on to Halo 6, so is not a highpoint. At $20 though, I think it is definitely worth the time.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just traded in my Dishonoured 2 for $43 at EB. Bought it for $50. Sweet.

Great game, too.

Wow really? I should beat it quick then.

I paid $50 for the Limited Edition which includes the first so Id pretty much be getting my money back.

Is it a special promo or regular tradein?

Mimosa97

FUCK AMAZON

I can't believe I've spent so much money on that website over the years. Fuck their customer service and fuck their stupid anti-customer policies.

I made an order of 5 items and chose free shipping. As it happens one of the items is OOS and won't be available until february 21. 4 of the items are in stock and yet amazon refuses to ship them. According to 3 different CSR, if I want them to ship the 4 items in stock I would have to cancel the OOS item and re-order it but I can't because the item is no longer available on amazon. On its page it says " currently unavailable " and there's not " add to cart " option available. Also it was a -75% off sale (probably a liquidation sale that's why the item is gone) so even if I could cancel it and was somehow able to re-order it I would have to pay full price as customer service REFUSES TO PRICE MATCH.

Same shit for the 4 items that are available that I were heavily discounted when I bought them. If I cancel and re-order them I would have to pay full price.

FUCK YOU AMAZON

Mimosa97

I only found this out a few days ago, but just in case for anyone else:

Loblaws is backtracking on the optimum points program cancellation for now, so if you were worried about all those points you were saving up, you can breathe a slight sigh of relief.

What what ? I have 180k optimum points but there are only SDMs around here (quebec). What's happening ? Who's canceling the program ???

Edit : Sorry for the double post. Damn I need to calm down.

What what ? I have 180k optimum points but there are only SDMs around here (quebec). What's happening ? Who's canceling the program ???

Edit : Sorry for the double post. Damn I need to calm down.

loblaws bought out shoppers a few years ago, and since they have PC points, I guess they wanted PC points to become the defacto program. I don't think they were going to nullify the points people collected like Airmiles tried doing, but they were probably going to merge the program into PC points or some bullshit, and lets face it: Optimum is probably one of the better point redemption schemes out there so those redemption periods they were having previously were going to have to stop.

Optimum was going to be discontinued by the end of the year (4 days!) I guess they ended up realizing that this was a really unpopular move so they decided to scrap plans for its immediate stoppage to.. TBA. So while it's still technically up in the air as to when the program is going to actually be stopped, its starting to look more likely that they're going to keep the optimum program since its pretty popular.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If Shoppers actually scraps Optimum Points Ill probably never set foot in there ever again. Their prices even when on sale are never the lowest.

Mimosa97

loblaws bought out shoppers a few years ago, and since they have PC points, I guess they wanted PC points to become the defacto program. I don't think they were going to nullify the points people collected but they were probably going to merge the program into PC points or some bullshit, and lets face it: Optimum is probably one of the better point redemption schemes out there.

Optimum was going to be stopped by the end of the year (4 days!) I guess they ended up realizing that this was a really unpopular move so they decided to scrap plans for its immediate stoppage to.. TBA. So while it's still technically up in the air as to when the program is going to actually be stopped, its starting to look more likely that they're going to keep the optimum program since its pretty popular.

Thank you.

I can't believe how greedy companies can be .... Honestly if SDM scraps the optimum program most people will stop shopping there. It would be a terrible move for them.

Also don't they have to give you a 30 days warning so that you can redeem your points before they cancel the program ?

Thank you.

I can't believe how greedy companies can be .... Honestly if SDM scraps the optimum program most people will stop shopping there. It would be a terrible move for them.

Also don't they have to give you a 30 days warning so that you can redeem your points before they cancel the program ?

thats the thing.

its cancellation was announced back in 2013 lol

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/shoppers-optimum-program-expiring-2016-1383894/

but now shoppers website now has this:

Notice of upcoming extension of the Shoppers Optimum Program.

Currently, the Shoppers Optimum Program ("Program") terms and conditions state that the Program terminates on December 31, 2016. The Program's terms and conditions that will come into effect on December 31, 2016 11:59 p.m. will remain unchanged except the following:

Section 42: There will be no specific end date to the Program and 45 days advance notice will be given in the event that the Program ends.

Section 43: Members will have the ability to redeem points for 90 days following any future end date.

Section 44: The first sentence that states that the Program will be extended or terminated with 30 days notice will be removed, as it will no longer be applicable.

Click here for the full version of the upcoming terms and conditions.

If you continue to use your Shoppers Optimum Card after December 31, 2016, you will be considered to have accepted this new term.

https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/optimum-new/terms-and-conditions-new

so yeah, its all up the air.

edit:

FUCK AMAZON

I can't believe I've spent so much money on that website over the years. Fuck their customer service and fuck their stupid anti-customer policies.

I made an order of 5 items and chose free shipping. As it happens one of the items is OOS and won't be available until february 21. 4 of the items are in stock and yet amazon refuses to ship them. According to 3 different CSR, if I want them to ship the 4 items in stock I would have to cancel the OOS item and re-order it but I can't because the item is no longer available on amazon. On its page it says " currently unavailable " and there's not " add to cart " option available. Also it was a -75% off sale (probably a liquidation sale that's why the item is gone) so even if I could cancel it and was somehow able to re-order it I would have to pay full price as customer service REFUSES TO PRICE MATCH.

Same shit for the 4 items that are available that I were heavily discounted when I bought them. If I cancel and re-order them I would have to pay full price.

FUCK YOU AMAZON

i know you're upset, but this doesn't sound too bad. I mean, yeah, you're going to have to wait longer, but at least you're still getting the OOS item you preordered and the other items are at a sale price.

Now, if they suddenly cancel your order for some bizarre reason? THEN I'd be pissed.

Mimosa97

I don't mind waiting. The problem is that they refused to pricematch when I asked them to cancel the 4 items that are in stock so that I could reorder them in a separate order. I had kind of a similar issue with sears a few days ago and the CSR pricematched the items in less than 5 minutes. Isn't Amazon supposed to have the best Customer service ?

As for SDM's optimum program. A 90-day notice seems reasonable. I don't mind the changes.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Upcoming Deals

These are for Amazon.CA.

Sorry, I was too slow on the posting for Disgaea 4.

Lightning Deal all claimed for Disgaea 4, but it says you can still order at the discounted price. I assume "waitlist available" means your order will be fulfilled if Amazon obtains additional stock.

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited - PS Vita

Link to product page

Regular Price: $39.99 + tax
Sale Price: $23.13 + tax

========

And the next deal goes live at 17:40 ET (or 17:10 ET with Prime). Not sure what the discounted price will be.

Stella Glow - Nintendo 3DS

Link to product page

Regular Price: $49.95 + tax
Sale Price: TBD + tax

Not sure what this game is all about, but maybe someone out there is interested in picking it up.

========

And this third deal goes live at 20:50 ET (or 20:20 ET with Prime). Not sure what the discounted price will be.

Dragon's Crown - PS Vita

Link to product page

Regular Price: $39.69 + tax
Sale Price: TBD + tax

Been wanting to get a physical copy of Dragon's Crown for my Vita, so this is a welcome sale for me. Hoping for at least ~40% off similar to Disgaea 4.
Wow, Stella Glow is already sold out (I'm not a Prime member so I waited until 5:40). Anyone even managed to see how much it sold for?

EDIT: It was $40 instead of 50... A huge 20% discount, and it's still sold at that price on VGP if I'm not mistaken. Kinda glad I didn't miss anything after all.

I don't mind waiting. The problem is that they refused to pricematch when I asked them to cancel the 4 items that are in stock so that I could reorder them in a separate order. I had kind of a similar issue with sears a few days ago and the CSR pricematched the items in less than 5 minutes. Isn't Amazon supposed to have the best Customer service ?

As for SDM's optimum program. A 90-day notice seems reasonable. I don't mind the changes.

Was this online chat or a through the phone?

You could always call them if you haven't done so. I find them to be a bit more flexible and accommodating through the phone as long you're polite. Online chat seems to be a bit too "follow the script" lately.

Mimosa97

Was this online chat or a through the phone?

You could always call them if you haven't done so. I find them to be a bit more flexible and accommodating through the phone as long you're polite. Online chat seems to be a bit too "follow the script" lately.

I called them. I don't like using the online chat.
I always try to be polite as I don't believe in the " the customer is always right " mantra and know working at a calling center is a shitty job. First CS was a very nice man, probably from north africa (french customer service) he tried to do something but said he couldn't find a solution. Called again this time using the englsh customer service and talked to a woman who just didn't give a shit about what I was trying to explain. Third and last CSR told me I should cancel the items and reorder them but when I was about to do it said he couldn't pricematch. That's what set me off. I said that I was disappointed and that it was an anti-consumer policy and I hung up.

Sober

thats the thing.

its cancellation was announced back in 2013 lol

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/shoppers-optimum-program-expiring-2016-1383894/

but now shoppers website now has this:

https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/optimum-new/terms-and-conditions-new

so yeah, its all up the air.

edit:

i know you're upset, but this doesn't sound too bad. I mean, yeah, you're going to have to wait longer, but at least you're still getting the OOS item you preordered and the other items are at a sale price.

Now, if they suddenly cancel your order for some bizarre reason? THEN I'd be pissed.
Optimum Program always had an expiry date. They just kept moving it up every few years. I don't think there's much to really interpret from that except they finally removed it.

(For reference: I work at an SDM)

kevin1025

Banned
Anyone that ordered from Wal-mart's online store over Boxing Day, has their items shipped yet? I ordered two games on Christmas Eve and that they still haven't shipped seems a little... long.

Bronetta

Anyone that ordered from Wal-mart's online store over Boxing Day, has their items shipped yet? I ordered two games on Christmas Eve and that they still haven't shipped seems a little... long.

Wasnt the expected date of delivery like the first or second week of January?

Bronetta

I wonder if they would order one in for me. Or I could just go around.

Look up the SKU on their website then call a nearby store to see if they have it in stock.

kswiston

If you live in a decent sized city, you will probably have certain stores that stock more gaming stuff than others. Call around I guess.

I will be very sad if Shoppers scraps the optimum program. I got my NDS, 3DS, VITA, Wii U, and PS4 through the program along with a bunch of games over the past 9 or so years that I have been a member. I think I paid abot $330 total out of pocket for all 5 of those systems.

I had fully intended to use my next 170k (or the one after that) on a Switch.

Mimosa97

Where do you live ? I know at least two here in downtown montreal that have it in stock.

When I wanted one I just called then one-by-one until I found a store that carried the pro. The store didn't even have one on display. The guy had to fetch one from the back.

Alejandrold

Neo Member
Dumb question maybe, but does anyone know how long Amazon's boxing week sales typically last? Friday is payday and it would be great if the discounts were still around.

kswiston

Dumb question maybe, but does anyone know how long Amazon's boxing week sales typically last? Friday is payday and it would be great if the discounts were still around.

Most of what they have on sale seems to be price matches. So I guess until the price matching sales at other stores wrap up. Best Buy's stuff ends tomorrow.

Bronetta

Dont you have a credit card? Buy now pay it off when you get paid.

mf.luder

Where do you live ? I know at least two here in downtown montreal that have it in stock.

When I wanted one I just called then one-by-one until I found a store that carried the pro. The store didn't even have one on display. The guy had to fetch one from the back.

Southern Ontario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom