• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltenix

Ah, maybe. I never go out to that place, it's the worst.

Yeah, fk that place (on Boxing Day at least). Long lines just to get into a bunch of stores. Crazy lineups to checkout. Went early and parking lots were all nearly full. Got out and people were parking wherever they please, boxing others in, etc. Uggghh!!

Lexxism

Yeah, fk that place (on Boxing Day at least). Long lines just to get into a bunch of stores. Crazy lineups to checkout. Went early and parking lots were all nearly full. Got out and people were parking wherever they please, boxing others in, etc. Uggghh!!
Yeah, this day is crazy. Yorkdale mall is expecting 120k visitors up from 70k last year. That's pretty crazy number.

Retail-GAF question: I hear a lot of customers in store trying to request rainchecks and always get turned down. In what situation would a raincheck actually be applicable?

Also, do most customers just show up in the store and assume everything's on sale without actually checking? There are so many conversations like these:

Customer: Where are the PSVRs?
Employee: They're out of stock.
Customer: Oh. Can I get a raincheck on it?
Employee: It's not even on sale.

Oneself

Retail-GAF question: I hear a lot of customers in store trying to request rainchecks and always get turned down. In what situation would a raincheck actually be applicable?

Also, do most customers just show up in the store and assume everything's on sale without actually checking? There are so many conversations like these:

Customer: Where are the PSVRs?
Employee: They're out of stock.
Customer: Oh. Can I get a raincheck on it?
Employee: It's not even on sale.
If it's on sale, sold out, excluding black friday / boxing day generally.
Also, yeah they go shopping during boxing day / black friday assuming there are deals everywhere... Because of that, it's much easier to sell them everything at full price.

Bought the Firecuda 2TB on Amazon for my PS4. I'm so tired of constantly having to delete stuff.

I was considering getting it but I upgraded my internet service just last month so re-downloading stuff isn't a problem anymore.

That's really my issue with this Boxing Day: nothing really jumped out at me as a necessity and the stuff I did want wasn't discounted enough that I felt like I had to pounce on the "deal". Like Arkham Knight for $20. That's on my list and it's discounted, but it was $10 or $12 tax-free on PSN last month. Why waste the cash when I can just wait it out? These retailers are content to sell stuff on Boxing Day just because it's Boxing Day, not because they have good deals. The event - if you can even call it that - is what sells.

I think people are picking up on that, though, and hopefully it's reflected in turnout and sales.

kaiyo

Thanks, and yea my main router was already configured for 1, 6, and 11.

I've been playing a bit more now and the input delay seems gone, I really hope that was the problem.
Accept my apologies senpai Shuhei.
Well, I mean, stop using Bluetooth for your controllers for the love of God.

What I don't get a thanks? lol j/k

Glad you fix the problem.

Krammy

So, how's Hyrule Warriors for 3DS? Amazon sale is tempting me

Regular 3DS has some framerate issues, but n3DS runs smoother than the WiiU version (although with obviously downgraded graphics). Like most Musou games, it features a huge amount of content and there's even some DLC if you manage to finish that.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
So, how's Hyrule Warriors for 3DS? Amazon sale is tempting me

If you like the Musou/Dynasty Warriors games its basically like that but Zelda themed. I played it on Wii U and liked it but never beat it. Theres a lot of content and a lot of it can be mundane but that comes with the territory.

Pretty gimped on a regular 3DS. Improved performance on a new3DS so keep that in mind.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What I don't get a thanks? lol j/k

Glad you fix the problem.

Thanks, and I hope it's fixed, at least it appears so. I'll see in the next few days.

How long after CES do Samsung/Sony release the TVs they announce? I remember last year Sony's lineup only actually released in June, right?
Because I still haven't gotten a TV yet and I was thinking if I might as well wait for the 2017 models, with CES being a week away.

Kiro

My dad did well. Got me physical edition of Gravity Rush Remastered and it's the USA import. Makes up for the lame boxing day deals.

I now have to sort out my games in order of what to play for the rest of the break. Thinking of something like this:

The Last Guardian
Doom
Gravity Rush
Resident Evil 7 Demo
Order 1886
Until Dawn
FFXV

And if I really have time Metal Gear Solid V/ Pokémon Sun.

All dabbled with Overwatch. Any recommendations on an order change up? Open to suggestions.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
My dad did well. Got me physical edition of Gravity Rush Remastered and it's the USA import. Makes up for the lame boxing day deals.

I now have to sort out my games in order of what to play for the rest of the break. Thinking of something like this:

The Last Guardian
Doom
Gravity Rush
Resident Evil 7 Demo
Order 1886
Until Dawn
FFXV

And if I really have time Metal Gear Solid V/ Pokémon Sun.

All dabbled with Overwatch. Any recommendations on an order change up? Open to suggestions.

What do you wanna play most? Go from there.

Personally Ive been blasting through The Last Guardian over the weekend.

Order 1886 is probably the shortest and worst so you might wanna get it out of the way.

Kiro

What do you wanna play most? Go from there.

Personally Ive been blasting through The Last Guardian over the weekend.

Order 1886 is probably the shortest and worst so you might wanna get it out of the way.

I want to play TLG and GRR the most but I figured I could clear out some shorter games first. How long is GRR?

Bronetta

I want to play TLG

It has been decided. Phenomenal game and the pacing is superb, you won't wanna put it down when you start playing

Hey guys found this PC on bestbuy's site. I don't know much about computers but from what I can tell from the specs it looks good.

I ordered it and am waiting for the shipment. I then later did research on it on a site called tekadvisor and the site is saying it's a good rig for video editing but not for triple A gaming (bf1 for example). I was a little startled because to me this pc looks really good and should be able to handle the game.

With that being said, can any of you guys take a look at the pc in this link and give me some advice? I want to play games like overwatch and BF1 on it.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...553&path=459dd5ab8f9792ceeea044dbeff3f0a9en02

Bronetta

Hey guys found this PC on bestbuy's site. I don't know much about computers but from what I can tell from the specs it looks good.

I ordered it and am waiting for the shipment. I then later did research on it on a site called tekadvisor and the site is saying it's a good rig for video editing but not for triple A gaming (bf1 for example). I was a little startled because to me this pc looks really good and should be able to handle the game.

With that being said, can any of you guys take a look at the pc in this link and give me some advice? I want to play games like overwatch and BF1 on it.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...553&path=459dd5ab8f9792ceeea044dbeff3f0a9en02

That has a laptop graphics card? GTX950M

Do some research and build your own PC at ca.pcpartpicker.com

it says 950M in the description but just 950 in the specs.

Wow, thanks for pointing that out. I just went straight to the specs without reading the description. I'll talk to bestbuy tomorrow and see if they can clarify. If it is a mobile card (didn't even know you can do that lol) I'll cancel my order.

I'm guessing it probably isn't 950m but I would make sure.

I checked on the ASUS website and they offer the model with both kinds of chips. Maybe they have a custom build that has a mobile gpu in a desktop? Or it could be a simple typo on their part. I'm starting to lean towards it being a Mobile chip because the math didn't add up to me when I ordered it. Felt it was too good of a deal.

Messed up how they screw up such an important detail. It's a sold out product. I'm sure I am not the only one who thought it was a 950 and not a 950m.

We'll see tomorrow. I'll update you guys.

shezbot

PSN holiday sale week 4 is slowly populating.

Noticed the following with PS Plus discount:

The Witness $20
Abzu $8
Quiplash $2.49
Inside $13.49

Art still says Week 3, but link is here

Trying to decide whether I should jump on the Surface Pro 4 deal now, or the Dell Inspiron, OR wait 3 months when I really need a laptop. Thoughts or suggestions?

The Deluxe Edition of Watch Dogs 2 is $49.49 on PSN right now. Cheaper than any deal for the game you'd get on Boxing Day (regular edition for $50) and it's tax-free.

kaiyo

Trying to decide whether I should jump on the Surface Pro 4 deal now, or the Dell Inspiron, OR wait 3 months when I really need a laptop. Thoughts or suggestions?

Which Inspiron?

If you need tablet function/pen then get the SP4.

If you decide to wait new laptops should come out in early 2017 which should bring down the cost of the older models.

Bronetta

PSN holiday sale week 4 is slowly populating.

Noticed the following with PS Plus discount:

The Witness $20
Abzu $8
Quiplash $2.49
Inside $13.49

Art still says Week 3, but link is here

Damn I want all these Indies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom