• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

I for one can't order from anyone but Amazon most of the time because of BestBuy's stupid stance on non dual lamguage packaged games. Except maybe EBgames but they're so vile as a company that I would rather not get it than deal with them.

What's this?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Won't somebody please think of the children megacorporations?

Madness

I complain every time that my order is even one day late. As someone who pays for prime and the service includes day 1 shipping, I feel my complaints and discounts as a result are justified.

Is that wrong of me? Genuinely inquiring.

Not wrong. But it'll get to a point where Amazon will close your account across all sites and never allow you to open another account again. Trying to use a wife or relative account will result in them getting banned too. Read up on it and google how they do this. Lot of people abuse the returns policies. Complain or grnuinely return things if there is an issue, but keep in mind they may eventually just say sorry, take your business to another site. You have a high percentage of customer service complaints or returns.

Kiro

Not wrong. But it'll get to a point where Amazon will close your account across all sites and never allow you to open another account again. Trying to use a wife or relative account will result in them getting banned too. Read up on it and google how they do this. Lot of people abuse the returns policies. Complain or grnuinely return things if there is an issue, but keep in mind they may eventually just say sorry, take your business to another site. You have a high percentage of customer service complaints or returns.

I don't think that's gonna happen. I only complain about a service I'm paying for specifically. Thanks for the heads up though, I'm gonna continue as normal and see what may transpire.

krae_man

IMO the reason contacts went away is because contract prices are coming up on $100/month and people don't want to pay more then that.

Removing a $25/month hardware subsidy embedded in the $100/month plan leaves more room to increase prices back up to that $100 threshold people are opposed to going over.

Lothars

I don't think that's gonna happen. I only complain about a service I'm paying for specifically. Thanks for the heads up though, I'm gonna continue as normal and see what may transpire.
It won't especially when your paying for Prime. It would be different if you weren't paying for prime but they have to expect that the complaints are geniuine if they mess up shipping.

I saw one of my European friends stream Amazon Video on their PlayStation 4. Can we do that in Canada? I didn't find an Amazon App on the PSN Store.

Tapejara

I actually really loved Shomi (I got it for free) so now every time I see the logo that won't go away it's basically just twisting the knife.

I never got to finish watching Married With Children before the service went down :(.

I also really liked how they had a bunch of old YTV and Teletoon shows. Watching stuff like Ned's Newt again was great. Hopefully Netflix (or perhaps Amazon Prime Video?) will be able to get the streaming rights.

Dazzler

anyone got a round up of the boxing day cell phone plan deals? I just got back from Christmas abroad yesterday and can't find a round up anywhere

MesH

I'm really nervous about the future of single player games.

- Watch Dogs 2 bombed.
- Deus Ex bombed.
- Dishonored 2 bombed.
- And now maybe Mafia 3 didn't do so well after all.

Fuck.
Deus Ex and Dishonored 2 are fantastic, not really feeling Watch Dogs 2.

Mafia is great for the first couple of hours and than it just falls apart in the gameplay department, the story was sweet. But the repetitive gameplay kills any desire to see it to the end. The mission structure is pretty much the same Everytime, the city is bland, with week Collectibles that don't serve any purpose other than to collect them for the sake of collecting something. If they keep in linear and more story focused it would have been a quicker more enjoyable playthrough IMO.

zroid

Banned
Sometimes Amazon does this thing where if you have two separate orders with them shipping around the same time, they'll group them into a single shipment.

Well, this time I had one order with 6 items, and they shipped the entire thing on the same day... in two separate shipments. :lol

Not only that, but they used two different couriers!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Shomi had Man Seeking Woman, and as far as I know it hasn't shown up on any other streaming services so there's no way I can catch up on it legally.

zroid

Banned
Extremely impressed with the job Amazon did packing my Mega Man and Pit amiibo. Couldn't have been better really. I've seen enough horror stories from them to know it could've gone much worse.

Now I wait for the other three to arrive... hope it's the same!

It won't especially when your paying for Prime. It would be different if you weren't paying for prime but they have to expect that the complaints are geniuine if they mess up shipping.

Any reason to think they don't ship it on the day you order it or it becomes available?

I could see the carrier taking an extra day when the weather is bad, like on Monday for example.

I personally I have no issue with the folks working minimum wage jobs in Amazon's warehouses.

Any Canadian figure collectors here?

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in joining a LINE toy chat group to share finds, pictures, collections and more.

Just send me a PM if you're interested.

Lothars

Any reason to think they don't ship it on the day you order it or it becomes available?

I could see the carrier taking an extra day when the weather is bad, like on Monday for example.

I personally I have no issue with the folks working minimum wage jobs in Amazon's warehouses.
I've seen it where I have a prime order and it doesn't ship out for a day or two after. It's not a common experience but it does happen. If it's the carrier taking a day because of bad weather than it's understandable.

antibolo

Banned
Any Canadian figure collectors here?

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in joining a LINE toy chat group to share finds, pictures, collections and more.

Just send me a PM if you're interested.

I'm part of the former FigureGAF group, we have a LINE group chat and a club on myfigurecollection.net. If you wanna join send a message to me on LINE (user id antibolo).

Purolator just dropped my package in front of my house, couldn't even be bothered to ring the bell, but when I checked on amazon it said "The delivery receipt was signed by OSNR Front Door" does that mean Purolator says I signed for it?

Sealtest

So I think I'm gonna cave and actually buy the Nier Automata Black Box from SE Store.

Who usually delivers their stuff and how much should I expect in duties for a $320 CDN video game?

True Fire

So I think I'm gonna cave and actually buy the Nier Automata Black Box from SE Store.

Who usually delivers their stuff and how much should I expect in duties for a $320 CDN video game?

320? :/

Buy a Nintendo Switch with that $$$, remember that its launch lineup hasn't even been announced yet and each game will be 79.99 CDN

Sealtest

320? :/

Buy a Nintendo Switch with that $$$, remember that its launch lineup hasn't even been announced yet and each game will be 79.99 CDN

Already got 1k put away for switch and anything else I want at launch. But I know down the road I'll regret not getting that statue if it's anything like the Bayonetta Scarborough Fair preorder from Australia.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Its weird how Tearaway Unfolded got a phsyical release but Gravity Rush Remastered didnt

If anyone in the GVA is looking for the Pokemon Sun/Moon Dual Pack (with 3 figures) or the Wind Waker Amiibo 2-pack, I have extras that I'm going to return soon.

farisr

Its weird how Tearaway Unfolded got a phsyical release but Gravity Rush Remastered didnt
Well Gravity Rush Remastered did get a physical release. Just not in Canada.

I think Tearaway Unfolded's poor sales performance may very well have been a contributing factor as to why they didn't bother.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Well Gravity Rush Remastered did get a physical release. Just not in Canada.

I think Tearaway Unfolded's poor sales performance may very well have been a contributing factor as to why they didn't bother.

Yeah thats most likely why. Tearaway flopped so they didnt even bother with Gravity Rush, what with both being Vita remasters and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom