• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen it where I have a prime order and it doesn't ship out for a day or two after. It's not a common experience but it does happen. If it's the carrier taking a day because of bad weather than it's understandable.

I don't have Prime. I ordered something on the Sunday before Xmas. I didn't mind getting it after the 25, so I chose the "8 days free delivery". When I came home from work on the Monday, it was in my mailbox. They're probably cutting on overtime a bit now.

Since Prime was introduced, the non-Prime free delivery seem to take longer. That doesn't bother me.

Purolator just dropped my package in front of my house, couldn't even be bothered to ring the bell, but when I checked on amazon it said "The delivery receipt was signed by OSNR Front Door" does that mean Purolator says I signed for it?

Can't remember what the O stands for but the rest is Signature Not Required.

Mikey Jr.

Fuck me do I hate Badboy.

I was buying the XBR43800D. Badboy was selling it for 800, and bestbuy was on backorder or some shit.

So I thought I would try them out. Shouldn't take too long. Ordered it online on Monday.

Fucking Thursday, and still nothing. How long does it take to deliver a fucking tv from a distribution warehouse 20 minutes away?

Sent them an email today "Uhhh, herp a derp, we are still processing orders".

Fucking useless assholes. Never ordering anything from them again. I mean like, you are still processing orders from 4 days ago? I even offered to just go to the warehouse to get it myself.

Firestorm

Any good keyboard and mouse deals out there?

One of the best mice on the market at $50 right now: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...l-gaming-mouse-black-910-004074/10290014.aspx

Solid mechanical keyboard (don't own it so can't speak personally on it) for $80: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...-keyboard-920-003887-920-003887/10229282.aspx
Though this is just $20 more for greater savings: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...ical-gaming-keyboard-920-007739/10409035.aspx

Windam

Scaley member
So is my dyanmex delivered amazon package actually coming after 10pm? Lol.

Last time Dynamex had to deliver something to me, it was scheduled to arrive by 9pm. It arrived noon the next day after having been marked as "delivered". Complained to Amazon and now I don't think I have same-day delivery anymore since they were the only carrier offering it in my area (and constantly missing their delivery deadlines).

I was buying the XBR43800D. Badboy was selling it for 800, and bestbuy was on backorder or some shit.

So I thought I would try them out. Shouldn't take too long. Ordered it online on Monday.

Fucking Thursday, and still nothing. How long does it take to deliver a fucking tv from a distribution warehouse 20 minutes away?

Fucking useless assholes. Never ordering anything from them again. I mean like, you are still processing orders from 4 days ago? I even offered to just go to the warehouse to get it myself.

badboy?

edit, for some reason google didnt show anything when i first tried to search them

Lexxism

Purolator just dropped my package in front of my house, couldn't even be bothered to ring the bell, but when I checked on amazon it said "The delivery receipt was signed by OSNR Front Door" does that mean Purolator says I signed for it?
What did you order? OSNR means that "signature not required".

One of the best mice on the market at $50 right now: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...l-gaming-mouse-black-910-004074/10290014.aspx

Solid mechanical keyboard (don't own it so can't speak personally on it) for $80: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...-keyboard-920-003887-920-003887/10229282.aspx
Though this is just $20 more for greater savings: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...ical-gaming-keyboard-920-007739/10409035.aspx

Ah. Gaming keyboard and mouse. I rarely game on PC these days. Are they good for just regular day to day 'puting?

And I'm a mechanical keyboard noob. Honestly don't have the slightest idea what the difference is from a mechanical keyboard and a regular logitech one.

daftstar

Oh damn the Cowboy Bebop series set I ordered from Amazon is supposed to arrive today via Purolator. Just checked and it's been "out for delivery" since 9am.. Should check my front porch too lol. Anyone know how late they deliver packages until?

Zeeman

Last time Dynamex had to deliver something to me, it was scheduled to arrive by 9pm. It arrived noon the next day after having been marked as "delivered". Complained to Amazon and now I don't think I have same-day delivery anymore since they were the only carrier offering it in my area (and constantly missing their delivery deadlines).

Dynamex brought a package to my building at 9 this week, I buzzed them in and the delivery guy apparently just decided to leave the package sitting in the lobby on the floor in front of the mailboxes. Thankfully, my super saw the package and took it into their apartment. Complained to Amazon, at least they gave me a small credit because of it, but wtf

Vamphuntr

It's almost like it's a small chain retail store and it was Christmas 4 days ago. Even with Prime Amazon would give Jan 2nd and upward for me for orders made this week. It's the Holidays deal with it.

It's almost like it's a small chain retail store and it was Christmas 4 days ago. Even with Prime Amazon would give Jan 2nd and upward for me for orders made this week. It's the Holidays deal with it.

They (Amazon) quoted guaranteed January 1st for me on some items, but nonetheless have seen stuff out for delivery since Wednesday this week (Montreal). Not a TV obviously but their holiday scheduling is pretty flimsy in either direction.

Cynar

Seriously what's wrong with you? This is one of the busiest weeks of the year and you're complaining about a small mom and pop retailer. If I ever order something around Christmas I don't expect it to come until after the new year. If it comes earlier then bonus but you really need to put your expectations in check.

Sora_N

The top 2 reviews for that first keyboard don't look good.

Seriously what's wrong with you? This is one of the busiest weeks of the year and you're complaining about a small mom and pop retailer. If I ever order something around Christmas I don't expect it to come until after the new year. If it comes earlier then bonus but you really need to put your expectations in check.

Noooooooobody!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ordered my monitor Boxing Day and got it today. Holy. Fuck. Turns out it was my old monitor limiting my PC. 1440p, 144hz, and G Sync is pretty fucking glorious. UPS had it arriving before end of day today and I got it around 8. Spend a bit of time setting it up and just testing it out. I'm super glad there aren't any dead pixels too.

Now I'm kind of wondering if I really needed a completely new computer....

mdubs

Banned

Hmm.

Let's break down the facts here: you ordered online from them on Monday, one of the busiest online retail days of the year, and also a stat holiday in Ontario. Best case scenario is that they get it packaged up on Tuesday when they process your order in the warehouse. So between some point on Tuesday the courier would need to pick that up, and then get it processed and delivered to you by Thursday before you start ranting on the internet about how slow they are.

Pretty tight timeline under normal circumstances especially for a smaller retailer, and hilariously optimistic when you consider that this is one of the busiest retail weeks of the year.

krae_man

Reebok.ca is having a big sale, once it's in your basket it'll take another 40% off. I bought some new gear.

It did 50℅ for me.

Problem is the Canadian site is ass and only has one choice for 4e shoes and they suck.

I've sent them several emails/tweets complaining and they don't even reply.

Moltenix

Oh snap, SMT4:Apocalypse is $40 on Amazon? Tempted to get this.

Edit: Ordered! Physical stock is pretty much non-existant locally and/or at higher prices. Might as well get it while I still can.

They (Amazon) quoted guaranteed January 1st for me on some items, but nonetheless have seen stuff out for delivery since Wednesday this week (Montreal). Not a TV obviously but their holiday scheduling is pretty flimsy in either direction.

Is Prime 2 days or 2 business days? The 1st is a Sunday and the second is a holiday.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I was going to wait for a sale on SMT4A but looks like its sold out everywhere so I jumped on that $40 Amazon deal.

Its supposed to be even better than SMT4 which I enjoyed but never beat.

Mine came with the DLC code and 3 pins! Pretty nice.

Nice! It seems all first print copies include those so hope I get it too!

mf.luder

It did 50℅ for me.

Problem is the Canadian site is ass and only has one choice for 4e shoes and they suck.

I've sent them several emails/tweets complaining and they don't even reply.

Yeah some items were 40 and others 50. I was just looking for a new set of kicks and found something I liked.

justinluey

Neo Member

I finished the game at close to 100% and loved it. Do you like Yoshi's Island?

It's an exploration based platformer, with lots of collectibles and one of the better amiibo implementations.

It's also an example of Nintendo's recent attempts to make games accessible for everyone, but provide challenge for people who want it. Chibi-Robo moves slowly along the ground and you make it to the end of most levels by completing some basic platforming and light puzzle solving, but skilled players will rarely ever touch the ground, because you'll be using the "Whip Lash" mechanic to swing across and up levels.

I really enjoyed the grappling hook mechanic and it's necessary to collect everything and find the hidden areas and alternate paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom