• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert807

Purolator messed up my Amazon shipment by sending it to a different location then the one they told me to go to (but it is still coming) plus the game had dropped in price since I ordered it so I wrote Amazon an email explaining what happened and that I knew the Purolator stuff wasn't their problem but was there anyway they could do anything to make it better. I got a reply that said "sorry your package never showed up, we are processing a full refund" so I called in to clear up the confusion and told them the package wasn't missing and was still coming and I want to pay for it but I was just wondering if they'd give me the $5 difference, which the rep on the call agreed to.

So I wake up this morning to 2 emails confirming I got a full refund AND $5 back. I guess I'll watch my credit card to see what actually happened but this has been a dumb experience, whatever I called them to solve it, it's in their hands now.
I don't get it. I bough the assassins creed collection. The next day it goes on sale for 20 bucks less than what I spent. No price adjustment . Bought mafia 3 , guess what 2 days later it goes on sale for for 5 buck less. I didn't bother to try for the sale price. Not worth my time. I'm not liking amazon to much. I do give them credit for their prime 2 day shipping .

kennah

Troll and Toad definitely the best way to check values. Buying booster boxes after tournaments end from other players who get them as prizes is the best way to get more packs =P

If looking to play, always try and buy singles. Some solid Canadian stores to buy from are http://www.cartamagica.com/ and http://www.magicstronghold.com/

Also use eBay and Amazon.
Sweet thanks again. He didn't have anything worth more than $5 but nice to keep track of this kind of stuff if we are going to start having cards everywheerrreeee

Sora_N

I don't get it. I bough the assassins creed collection. The next day it goes on sale for 20 bucks less than what I spent. No price adjustment . Bought mafia 3 , guess what 2 days later it goes on sale for for 5 buck less. I didn't bother to try for the sale price. Not worth my time. I'm not liking amazon to much. I do give them credit for their prime 2 day shipping .

They actually told me to refund the item and rebuy before.

zroid

Banned
Yep, I got this line too. It's dumb when it probably costs them more to have me ship the game to them.

They probably have analytics and shit that say all-in-all it discourages people often enough from trying to get the better price so it's a net profitable policy for them.

basically fuck amazon

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They probably have analytics and shit that say all-in-all it discourages people often enough from trying to get the better price so it's a net profitable policy for them.

basically fuck amazon
lol
I guess it works, since I didn't bother going through with it.

daftstar

Fuuuuuck. Traded in Overwatch for $35 at BestBuy yesterday in hopes of getting Destiny Collection for $20 only to find out it wasn't in stock at the store and the price is gone back up to $80. Guess I'll hold on to this gift card instead shit.

lupin23rd

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but have a few older games (PS3, DS) and some movies that I haven't had much luck selling on Craigslist, and wondering if there would be any charities in the Vancouver area that would take them?

Dumped some cloths in a nearby donation bin earlier this year and a couple days later found the box tipped over with stuff all over the ground so not sure that's the best approach here.

Corey31

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but have a few older games (PS3, DS) and some movies that I haven't had much luck selling on Craigslist, and wondering if there would be any charities in the Vancouver area that would take them?

Dumped some cloths in a nearby donation bin earlier this year and a couple days later found the box tipped over with stuff all over the ground so not sure that's the best approach here.

If they are famoly friendly, a hospital might take them as entertainment for those stuck there.

Another option would be some sort of Salvation Army / Goodwill / Value Village store which will sell the stuff and donate some of the profits to charity. Just do your research to make sure the majority does actually go to charity.

23qwerty

Fuuuuuck. Traded in Overwatch for $35 at BestBuy yesterday in hopes of getting Destiny Collection for $20 only to find out it wasn't in stock at the store and the price is gone back up to $80. Guess I'll hold on to this gift card instead shit.

Did you try and get a raincheck?

Anyone else having issues buying stuff on PSN? It says my credit card info is invalid all of a sudden, even though my card is the same as always and it works on other websites.

Grimsen

Anyone else having issues buying stuff on PSN? It says my credit card info is invalid all of a sudden, even though my card is the same as always and it works on other websites.

Happens all the time to plenty of Gafers. It's sometimes related to the CC info (name, address) not being exactly like on you CC statement.

When Sony's transaction system freaks out, it locks out any form of payment from your account for a set period. When it happened to me, I had to remove all form of payment on my PSN account for 10 days or so.

Sealtest

Anyone ever had a problem with VGP possibly cancelling an item you ordered because it shot up in price and they were selling it for half of the new price?

daftstar

My $15 FFX/X2 arrived today. Can't believe I managed to grab that one copy that was in stock.

Who delivered it to you? Asking cause I was expecting a package from Purolator but I don't think they operate today. It was supposed to be here last Friday but was delayed due to "missed connection".

Vamphuntr

Anyone ever had a problem with VGP possibly cancelling an item you ordered because it shot up in price and they were selling it for half of the new price?

This is a new low. Any evidence to this? I supposed they've cancelled your order but it's now in stock at double the price your ordered.

Ooccoo

If you are willing to ship to Quebec, I might be interested. Shoot me a PM so I can know if it's worth it :D

Sealtest

I'm not saying they've done it but I'm questioning if they did.

I bought the xbox version of Digimon all-star rumble from them on the 23rd for $19.99 CDN because the price has been increasing for this version and its going for anywhere between $25-50 american now.
They said it could be a stock issue but it was in stock for weeks up until I placed the order and they've been pretty good at keeping stock updated to remove it in the past such as the last Mario and Sonic rio game they had.
I didn't mean to make this look like a confirmed thing but I find it odd I had to actually contact them on twitter to find anything out.

I apologize for making them look bad with my comment if this does turn out to be just a stock issue. But after so many peoples credit card info possibly being stolen by using that site I question just what else happens.

zroid

Banned
I finally changed my expired credit card on the 4 pending Best Buy orders I still had

It wasn't as much of a pain as I expected, as he was able to do all four at the same time, but I still hate giving my credit card info over the phone :\

mileS

Just to confirm here. I've been seeing the $49 12month ps+ cards quite a bit lately. They are still valid for the full time correct? I've been buying ps+ week by week like a damn fool lately.
*edit* month by month rather

Sealtest

Just to confirm here. I've been seeing the $49 12month ps+ cards quite a bit lately. They are still valid for the full time correct? I've been buying ps+ week by week like a damn fool lately.

Yup. Most stores will keep selling them until they have no more stock. I know my local EBGames still have a bunch left.

mileS

Yup. Most stores will keep selling them until they have no more stock. I know my local EBGames still have a bunch left.
Yea my local gas station has a stack of 40 or more lol. Nobody ever used to buy those things so make no wonder they are still stacked.

jokkir

I actually (and finally) found Xenoblade 3DS (used) at an EB. How does this compare to the Wii version? I would rather play on the go but if the Wii version is significantly better I may reconsider and play it there instead.

explodet

Hey, checked my Red Dead Redemption 2 order from Amazon and that $5 Environmental Handling Fee is gone. Glad they fixed that.

Nah I wanted to price match from either Amazon or EB since they had Destiny for $55. But now it's back to normal price everywhere.. I'll keep an eye out for any future sales.
are you a boner or on ps4? amazon has the collection for 39.99 right now also uh I guess

DEAL
Destiny the collection xb1 39.99

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01K63R7EW/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_11_w?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_r=QBS1Y5W5AJGDM8HH2VAF&pf_rd_r=QBS1Y5W5AJGDM8HH2VAF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=e32729c4-1603-4ed6-b789-6458399ea6de&pf_rd_p=e32729c4-1603-4ed6-b789-6458399ea6de&pf_rd_i=1267154011

i-Jest

I actually (and finally) found Xenoblade 3DS (used) at an EB. How does this compare to the Wii version? I would rather play on the go but if the Wii version is significantly better I may reconsider and play it there instead.

Some prefer portable, others prefer home console version. No huge complaints over all.

Clive

Sense of scale and graphics/art are like the things that makes Xenoblade stand out. I watched a friend play it and it looked very disappointing on the 3DS compared to the game I played on the Wii. If it's reasonable in terms of cost then I would highly recommend getting it on the Wii. Isn't it available cheap-ish digitally on Wii U (as a Wii game) too or did I dream that?

zroid

Banned
Sense of scale and graphics/art are like the things that makes Xenoblade stand out. I watched a friend play it and it looked very disappointing on the 3DS compared to the game I played on the Wii. If it's reasonable in terms of cost then I would highly recommend getting it on the Wii. Isn't it available cheap-ish digitally on Wii U (as a Wii game) too or did I dream that?

I think it's $20 on Wii U (err $28.19 in Canada)

edit: you can also get 30% off through My Nintendo atm, but it requires 50 gold coins, which is a lot https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/10f6c32dc4c0e06a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom