• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Probably a long shot but does anyone know if the Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie blu-ray on Amazon.ca is the uncut and uncensored new release version?
The unedited one with the swearing and nude scene.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01L7JFJ9Y/

Took this from one of the reviews on Amazon US.

...The english version has an EXTENDED version of the shower scene. There is still one shot that's missing (just to be exact). However, the Japanese side of the disc does indeed have the UNCUT version of the shower scene. So feel free to go nuts, take screen shots etc. ...

...It has the UK version of the movie (which is vastly extended over the US version) and the Japanese (completely un-cut). ...

It was $9.99 a few months ago...

I don't remember if it was Best Buy, but I definitely bought it at Best Buy (might have price matched)

I just wanted the amiibo though

The amiibo is adorable. The game though remains on my shelf, all but forgotten.

It's a pretty mediocre side scroller IMO. I'd pass unless I was a hardcore Nintendo fan or amiibo collector at this point. Not bad or unplayableor anything but just kind of forgettable.

I finished the game at close to 100% and loved it. Do you like Yoshi's Island?

It's an exploration based platformer, with lots of collectibles and one of the better amiibo implementations.

It's also an example of Nintendo's recent attempts to make games accessible for everyone, but provide challenge for people who want it. Chibi-Robo moves slowly along the ground and you make it to the end of most levels by completing some basic platforming and light puzzle solving, but skilled players will rarely ever touch the ground, because you'll be using the "Whip Lash" mechanic to swing across and up levels.

I really enjoyed the grappling hook mechanic and it's necessary to collect everything and find the hidden areas and alternate paths.

Quite divided as I can see. I do enjoy Yoshi's Island (and bought all of its multiple sequels), it does sound good on paper. I don't however expect it to be in the same league as the formers.

I'll see. That Amiibo looks too darn cute.

iiicon

Oh snap, SMT4:Apocalypse is $40 on Amazon? Tempted to get this.

Edit: Ordered! Physical stock is pretty much non-existant locally and/or at higher prices. Might as well get it while I still can.

I was this close to ordering it before I realized I still have Bravely Second, Trails of Cold Steel 2, and DQ7 to beat. I can wait for an eShop Atlus sale - those are still a thing, right?

farisr

Probably a long shot but does anyone know if the Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie blu-ray on Amazon.ca is the uncut and uncensored new release version?
The unedited one with the swearing and nude scene.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01L7JFJ9Y/

Took this from one of the reviews on Amazon US.
The amazon reviews are a mess as they basically combine reviews from older releases, including DVD (if you notice, there are some reviews from 2000, before blurays even started coming out).

Anyways, checking up:

ASIN: B01L7JFJ9Y
Release Date: October 25, 2016.
Studio: Eastern Star

Eastern Star is a label of Diskotek Media. And the ASIN and release date match up.

This is absolutely the definitive edition (uncut japanese footage used, uncut dubs used) of this movie done by Discotek Media (some of the folks who worked on this, actually posted on GAF). Check this post out for some summarized details: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210490794&postcount=39

X-Factor

Thanks for that info. I ordered the one from the link I posted along with the Tales of Vesperia blu-ray anime.
Hopefully it is that one.

The amazon reviews are a mess as they basically combine reviews from older releases, including DVD (if you notice, there are some reviews from 2000, before blurays even started coming out).

Anyways, checking up:

ASIN: B01L7JFJ9Y
Release Date: October 25, 2016.
Studio: Eastern Star

Eastern Star is a label of Diskotek Media. And the ASIN and release date match up.

This is absolutely the definitive edition (uncut japanese footage used, uncut dubs used) of this movie done by Discotek Media (some of the folks who worked on this, actually posted on GAF). Check this post out for some summarized details: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210490794&postcount=39

X-Factor

I think 35% off is the lowest the DLC has gone off for.

However the Complete Edition is a better deal technically.

The Witcher 3 Complete Edition uses completely different save files than the base game with the DLC installed.

I bought both versions and assumed I could just continue my progress. Instead I started a new save on the Complete Edition. I was not that far into the PS4 version of the game anyway.

So is 35% off The Witcher 3 DLC the best deal there has ever been on PSN?

I think 35% off is the lowest the DLC has gone off for.

However the Complete Edition is a better deal technically.

The Witcher 3 Complete Edition uses completely different save files than the base game with the DLC installed.

I bought both versions and assumed I could just continue my progress. Instead I started a new save on the Complete Edition. I was not that far into the PS4 version of the game anyway.

But...what difference would it make to have the complete edition vs. base game + DLC?

But...what difference would it make to have the complete edition vs. base game + DLC?

If your buying them digital I don't think there's a difference. If you like your games physical then you get the game and DLC all on disc. I'm still impressed they fit the game and the expansions on disc, made me buy it day 1.

Wait the Complete edition might take up less memory. I looked mine up and the game + all the DLC is only 42.32GB. I remember reading the normal release took up almost 50gb and that's only the base game.

Sorry if this is a bit outside gaming... But does anyone here have experience getting stuff shipped from the US?

I want to order this Monoprice monitor tablet thingie, it's cheaper to order it from their website than amazon.ca.

Monoprice warehouse is based in California, but for a fee they have no problem shiping their stuff to Canada. This thing costs $450 US and at checkout, after choosing a shipping method, DHL costs another 43 bucks, so the Total is $493 US dollars.

next to "tax" it says $0.00, I called Monoprice in Cali. the Customer service lady had no clue about tax on shipments to Ontario, called DHL, they couldn't help me either.

My question is, would I get taxed by Canadian customs after this thing arrives? Am I gonna get smacked by a bill by the customs? I want to buy it right now at $493US but I am too afraid that isn't the final price and I would have to pay customs fees and taxes as well.

Anyone experience with buying stuff from States and getting shipped here via DHL or USpost, can chime in please, thanks!

Sorry if this is a bit outside gaming... But does anyone here have experience getting stuff shipped from the US?

I want to order this Monoprice monitor tablet thingie, it's cheaper to order it from their website than amazon.ca.

Monoprice warehouse is based in California, but for a fee they have no problem shiping their stuff to Canada. This thing costs $450 US and at checkout, after choosing a shipping method, DHL costs another 43 bucks, so the Total is $493 US dollars.

next to "tax" it says $0.00, I called Monoprice in Cali. the Customer service lady had no clue about tax on shipments to Ontario, called DHL, they couldn't help me either.

My question is, would I get taxed by Canadian customs after this thing arrives? Am I gonna get smacked by a bill by the customs? I want to buy it right now at $493US but I am too afraid that isn't the final price and I would have to pay customs fees and taxes as well.

Anyone experience with buying stuff from States and getting shipped here via DHL or USpost, can chime in please, thanks!

if its shipped through DHL you can 100% except to get hit with some hefty import fee's, espically for something that expensive

Unless it's written you are already paying import duty on the checkout page you will pay custom fees. And my experiences have taught me that private carriers use their own custom brokers and ridiculously inflate the fee. You can check CP website, I think they explain what the fee is.

EDIT : Here it is from the border agency. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/dtytx-drttx-eng.html

Awesome thanks, So according to that calculator. I am simply getting charged HST (13%) on the price of the tablet. Which still comes out about 30 bucks cheaper than ordering it from amazon. But I added the tax to the actual price of the item, pre DHL shipping cost, I hope that's what Canada Customs does as well, otherwise it will be expensive to tax me on the item and the shipping cost.

if its shipped through DHL you can 100% except to get hit with some hefty import fee's, espically for something that expensive

Oh Shit, I think I am goign to hold off on this, until I see the price drop again on Amazon.ca, damn thing was $650 Canadian about a month ago, and now it's been sitting at $680 for a while, since our dollar is shit... that's $680 CND + 13% HST (88.40) so $768 Canadian total if I want it shipped to Ontario (shopping on amazon) Meanwhile it's on sale for $450 US on their site, which comes up to $605 Canadina, ugh!!

Awesome thanks, So according to that calculator. I am simply getting charged HST (13%) on the price of the tablet. Which still comes out about 30 bucks cheaper than ordering it from amazon. But I added the tax to the actual price of the item, pre DHL shipping cost, I hope that's what Canada Customs does as well, otherwise it will be expensive to tax me on the item and the shipping cost.

Oh Shit, I think I am goign to hold off on this, until I see the price drop again on Amazon.ca, damn thing was $650 Canadian about a month ago, and now it's been sitting at $680 for a while, since our dollar is shit... that's $680 CND + 13% HST (88.40) so $768 Canadian total if I want it shipped to Ontario (shopping on amazon) Meanwhile it's on sale for $450 US on their site, which comes up to $605 Canadina, ugh!!

Is shipping it to a Border Box store (or it's equivalent) an option? Then just skip across the border and pick it up yourself.

Is shipping it to a Border Box store (or it's equivalent) an option? Then just skip across the border and pick it up yourself.

I may just ship it to my cousin's place in Boston, but it's gonna be a while until I visit him, I never tried those Warehouses in Buffalo, designed for Canadians to ship items from all over US to to be picked up there. I am kind of intimidated by the idea of crossing the border and back to pick up stuff within half) a day!!

I may just ship it to my cousin's place in Boston, but it's gonna be a while until I visit him, I never tried those Warehouses in Buffalo, designed for Canadians to ship items from all over US to to be picked up there. I am kind of intimidated by the idea of crossing the border and back to pick up stuff within half) a day!!

Don't be! It is really easy. When the dollar was at par, I had a bicycle shipped there, speakers, pet meds, etc. There are actually lineups at the warehouse some days - tells you how common it is.

DVCY201

Happy almost New Year! Y'all are great, hoping 2017 brings us great deals and tidings! Don't move here for the deals, move here for the community; we got one of the greatest!

kennah

My son got a bunch of Pokémon boosters for Christmas? How do I check to see if any of his cards are worth anything/sell? (Figure put half in his bank account and half for more cards)

Lexxism

If the item is NAFTA qualified, you will only be paying the GST. However, I don't think monoprice has nafta qualified items. So, there's a big chance that you will pay a duty fees. Couriers are the worst when it comes to duty fees. I had a similar orders from HK where I paid a big fees. I bought some 3ds accessories which cost 30 USD and I had to pay like 15 CAD for GST + Duty to fedex. Another one which cost 50 USD and paid around 20 CAD to DHL.

That's why as much as possible, you don't use a courier when buying stuff outside Canada. My experienced with couriers has been bad lol

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Amazon doing deliveries on a Saturday woo bring me dat SMT4A

Purolator messed up my Amazon shipment by sending it to a different location then the one they told me to go to (but it is still coming) plus the game had dropped in price since I ordered it so I wrote Amazon an email explaining what happened and that I knew the Purolator stuff wasn't their problem but was there anyway they could do anything to make it better. I got a reply that said "sorry your package never showed up, we are processing a full refund" so I called in to clear up the confusion and told them the package wasn't missing and was still coming and I want to pay for it but I was just wondering if they'd give me the $5 difference, which the rep on the call agreed to.

So I wake up this morning to 2 emails confirming I got a full refund AND $5 back. I guess I'll watch my credit card to see what actually happened but this has been a dumb experience, whatever I called them to solve it, it's in their hands now.

Mikey Jr.

Well now I'm curious lol

I didn't want to push it anymore in this thread. It's supposed to be about deals.

But an update if you want it.

Got a 24h delivery confirmation on Thursday. Called Friday to see what time they would come. Apparently they didn't even look at my order yet. Email was sent by mistake.
Asked if I could just go there and get it myself.
Woman reiterated that order hasn't even been looked at.
I hoped to get it Saturday for my party. That's gone now.
She said they'll probably deliver it next week. But hey, I fucking work. So no point delivering it. I'll probably have to pick it up next weekend? I have no idea when they close. I asked the woman on the phone how to cancel my order. All sales are final. You know, they had time to charge my card, but no time to process my order.

You would think if someone is offering to get the tv, they could expedite the order. But nope.

The funny thing is that I called an actual mom and pop yesterday and they have a bunch in stock. Serves me right I suppose.
My dad is also a truck driver. He said he used to deliver to bad boy. He said everyone moved there like fly's in honey. No energy. compared to a place like Leon's for instance.

Anyways, valuable lesson learned in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom