• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

How do you use the online services for a Best Buy credit card? I just got mine in the mail with no instructions whether to use it on the Best Buy website or Desjardins.
Is it the AccesD thing that I have to register for?
Applying online takes you to desjardins, then use their site I would assume.

If you only got your first 1080p a year ago, I have to assume that these kinds of things aren't truly important to you. With that in mind, I'd wait a couple years until HDR implementation is better, cheaper, and more standardized. 4K HDR isn't priced strictly for enthusiasts anymore, but the quality still isn't foolproof.
To be fair, before last year I wasn't really a videogame enthusiast, didn't have a current gen console nor did I watch much TV or movies so I didn't really have much need, but that's kinda changed a lot.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Tempting... but so many upcoming games...

Yup my next game is Nier Automata and my backlog is too large to ignore.

I dont come here for the deals anymore I just like you guys too much.

Mimosa97

Battlefield 1 and Last Guardian are the only two I missed from the fall. I need that price on those!

No deal on Uncharted 4. No deal on The Last Guardian. No deal on Rachet and clank (yeah I know it's already cheap but i just need a reason to impulse buy it instead of waiting to finish the games I already own)

Jesus Sony what are you waiting for ?

Battlefield 1 and Last Guardian are the only two I missed from the fall. I need that price on those!

TLG best game of this gen IMO.

After seeing all the complaining about controls and camera, I almost sold it before opening and trying it. So glad I played it! An incredible game.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I ain't getting shit till Horizon and Mass Effect and South Park.
I've got Dishonored 2 just sitting there, staring at me. I find it so hard to pick up and play lately, I can only manage a few rounds of Modern Warfare and some DOTA/FIFA.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

After seeing all the complaining about controls and camera, I almost sold it before opening and trying it. So glad I played it! An incredible game.

Yeah bad controls/camera is a misconception dont let it get to you. Ive been following the OT closely and a lot of times when people complain theyre doing something wrong but who wants to be told theyre wrong?

"What do you mean Im not playing properly, its the games fault I spent 20 minutes doing the same thing that doesnt work!"

My GotY and would be Game of the Generation if it wasnt for Bloodborne.

Anyone know of any stores in Vaughan or Toronto, around King Station or something, that are selling the New 3DS, the regular or XL version doesn't matter. I can't find any and I missed the Black Friday sale so I'm having trouble finding it.

Pretty sure the New XL is at the eaton centre store (the big one on yonge st).

Mimosa97

I've got Dishonored 2 just sitting there, staring at me. I find it so hard to pick up and play lately, I can only manage a few rounds of Modern Warfare and some DOTA/FIFA.

Did you play TLG ?

Friend was in the same situation. He didn't enjoy gaming anymore on his PS4. Didn't pick up his controller in over a year.
He bought TLG on a whim because he loved shadow of the colossus back in the days. Well he finished twice in a week and loved every minute of it. Now he's gaming again. He's playing Doom and enjoying it very much.

kevin1025

Banned

I was super sad when I had to cancel my pre-order for it (lack of funds at the time, plus I thought I wasn't getting a PS4 Pro since I had spent all my PS4 trade money, haha). Now I have the Pro, and I'm just waiting for an inkling of a sale on Guardian, then I'm jumping on it!

terrible

Banned

I can see why people have been having issues with the controls but for me they never got in the way. Without sounding too cheesy it's an absolute work of art and a very rare and special gaming experience. It did a good job of reminding me why I play videos games. You can't get that kind of an experience in any other medium.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Did you play TLG ?

Friend was in the same situation. He didn't enjoy gaming anymore on his PS4. Didn't pick up his controller in over a year.
He bought TLG on a whim because he loved shadow of the colossus back in the days. Well he finished twice in a week and loved every minute of it. Now he's gaming again. He's playing Doom and enjoying it very much.
Nah, I only started work :/
Still in the phase where I'm stressed as shit and tired as fuck after just a regular 8 hour workday. I'm guessing it's gonna ease up as I get more comfortable and I can get back to having time that can be spent on stuff other than lying in bed, too tired to do anything.

I can see why people have been having issues with the controls but for me they never got in the way. Without sounding too cheesy it's an absolute work of art and a very rare and special gaming experience. It did a good job of reminding me why I play videos games. You can't get that kind of an experience in any other medium.

Well said. At my age it's rare for a game to capture my attention and emotion and TLG had it all. It was like an NES game with its precision and puzzles, with PS4 production levels. So good

The comments about controls by some were so exaggerated, I too understand some people expecting it to be like uncharted (lol), but it was GAF hyperbole at its worst in some posting cases.

Everyone buy the last guardian!

Same, except all my game time goes towards Overwatch lately. I'm actually half way through Dishonored 2 and am really loving it, but Overwatch has its grips on me hard. Definitely slowing down my game purchases to accommodate.

Though I'm still buying the shit out of Yakuza 0 in a few weeks.

Wishful thinking, but any chance they'll do a proper disc version and not a Season Pass disc like they did with Minecraft?

Canada Post never bothers to buzz me to deliver a parcel; they always just leave a notice. I had a delivery scheduled to arrive today, and it got updated at noon saying "Notice left" (as expected) - but there was no pick-up card in my box when I went to the mail room. Sooo, I guess I just have to submit a ticket to Canada Post and wait for them to either provide me a notice, or re-attempt delivery?

I wish you could choose which postal service you could have deliver your online purchases. Canada Post is the only one that ever gives me this much grief.

Vamphuntr

Canada Post never bothers to buzz me to deliver a parcel; they always just leave a notice. I had a delivery scheduled to arrive today, and it got updated at noon saying "Notice left" (as expected) - but there was no pick-up card in my box when I went to the mail room. Sooo, I guess I just have to submit a ticket to Canada Post and wait for them to either provide me a notice, or re-attempt delivery?

I wish you could choose which postal service you could have deliver your online purchases. Canada Post is the only one that ever gives me this much grief.

Where I live it's the mailman that deliver the card the next day. Like the delivery truck comes and you're not there and the next time the mailman comes he leaves the card in the mailbox.

Lexxism

You will probably receive your notice tomorrow on your mailbox.

eyesradar

TLG is truly amazing but I guess my age is showing. The camera angle and swinging pretty much only let me play this game ~1.5 hours max a pop. I'm even on a Pro.

But going slow in TLG isn't a bad thing tho.

MikeRahl

Ever try just going to where you know the package will be?

I had a package delivered last week, notice left at my door saying pickup here after 1 pm tomorrow, at 8 just before they closed I went to check anyways (it's just down the road) and it was waiting for me.

They probably have it organized so just giving your last name and having your ID would hopefully do the trick, even without the tag.

Ryde3

You don't need the notice to get your package. I know I've missed Canada Post by the missed buzz call on my cell phone, and I just head to the post office and give them my name and grab my packages. If your things always go to the same post office you should be able to do the same.

Corey31

Wishful thinking, but any chance they'll do a proper disc version and not a Season Pass disc like they did with Minecraft?

Probably unlikely.

For Minecraft they did more episodes but didn't label it as a Season 2 so that is why when they re-released the disc they included it all.

I would guess with Batman if they do more it will be a "Season 2".

Edit:

Also as I assumed by the prices being $XX.96, these are all price matched Wal-Mart prices. So if you prefer to grab any of these (Watch Dogs 2, Final Fantasy, Batman TellTale, etc.) head to Wal-Mart.

Dazzler

I ordered some glasses from Clearly at the weekend and I was pleasantly surprised when they offered me a choice of who I wanted them to ship with

I went for Canada Post as the mailman has a key to my building (small building with only three units) and will drop packages inside the door without a signature

JDH

Ugh, tell me about it. They are truly abysmal in my area. I even had packages delivered to the wrong unit TWICE! (I live in a low rise condo)

I have everything shipped to my workplace now, although all my coworkers know I have a shopping addiction. "More games?!" lol

Final Fantasy XV is back down to $49.96 @ Amazon.ca for anyone who missed Boxing Day

https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00NXI6C6M/022748-20/

Amazon Lightning Deal:

Grand Kingdom (PS4) - $32.49 (50% off)

https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01DHTYTK2/022748-20/

2017-strategy_zpsxsdu1xgc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom