• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealtest

What are people's, preferably those not in a city with distribution centres, experiences with console launch delivery from Amazon?

PS4 launch was shit. Amazon sent it out the day of release and Canada Post made it even worse. I'm 5 hours from a hub so most of my packages come the next day.

But this all happened before I gave them my soul and paid for prime.

I did get $50 off because I called them on false advertising when they listed it as release day delivery then eventually took it down.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody knows a good site to order picture frames? I just bought a poster that is a bit big and weird format (36in by 12in) and looking at usual stores (Omer de serre, Michaels, Walmart, etc) don't have anything that fits. Ideally I'd like to avoid having to go the custom frame route since it's so expensive.

Vamphuntr

Not super hyped so far. The conference might change that a bit. It being cheap will be the selling point to me. I already have a great PC so the handheld part of the Switch is attractive to me. If I preorder will try to get it from Amazon since I have prime and might get preorder offers for the games.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Looks like the Switch will be priced between $300-$400, yes yes I know I'm a genius no need to thank me.

92gMrrQ.png

krae_man

Anybody knows a good site to order picture frames? I just bought a poster that is a bit big and weird format (36in by 12in) and looking at usual stores (Omer de serre, Michaels, Walmart, etc) don't have anything that fits. Ideally I'd like to avoid having to go the custom frame route since it's so expensive.

You have 2 choices:

1) Grab a 11.75x36" frame from michaels and take an exato knife to your print and remove the 1/4" ruining any possible resale value and the possibility you fuck it up doing so.

Or

2) buy this: http://www.londondrugs.com/brockton-acrylic-12-x-36-frame---black/L2021863.html

c-murph

Well shit. Didn't realize the Switch stream doesn't start until 11pm EST... Fuck, I'll be in bed by then. Fucking Tokyo. I have class from 08:30-14:30... Probably going to miss out on the preorders now.

$349.96. Calling it.

I'll go with $329.99

That is the current exchange rate for $250 US. And although I know video game publishers are sheisty buggers, and think you could be right, I hope it's no more than $330. On the other hand, it could very well be $300 US, and $400 CAD.

I think all titles will be full console price though, at $70-80 CAD. This is likely why Nintendo refers to it as a console.

krae_man

I can't want for an end to all the stupid ass posts about the Switches rumored price.

Bring on the stupid ass posts about the Switches confirmed price!

I think it would make more sense to undercharge for a console that they need to be successful, so $299 if they want a nice price, or $329 if they do a direct conversion.

Megasoum

Banned

You have 2 choices:

1) Grab a 11.75x36" frame from michaels and take an exato knife to your print and remove the 1/4" ruining any possible resale value and the possibility you fuck it up doing so.

Or

2) buy this: http://www.londondrugs.com/brockton-acrylic-12-x-36-frame---black/L2021863.html

Here's the poster in question

Since it's landscape I fear that the Ikea option would look weird.

That London Drugs frame is perfect tho... Maybe a bit pricey but I guess that's to be expected. I think I'll go take a walk tomorow and look around the shops here if there's anything available and if not then I'll order it online.

krae_man

Here's the poster in question

Since it's landscape I fear that the Ikea option would look weird.

That London Drugs frame is perfect tho... Maybe a bit pricey but I guess that's to be expected. I think I'll go take a walk tomorow and look around the shops here if there's anything available and if not then I'll order it online.

I don't understand why the frames at Michaels and everywhere else are 11.75x36. I have never seen a print with those dimensions. I havve a 24x48 print at home that I would love to get framed but you can't get that without spending hundreds of dollars and fuck that.

Doesn't look like an Exato knife would be a viable option. Looks like the print goes really, really close to the edge. Guess you gotta spend $50+shipping on the London Drugs one. Cheaper then a custom frame but then again so is buying a new car.

Sealtest

Anyone have any luck learning about placeholder preorders being switched yet?

I know not a lot of us did it but my local store hasn't figured it out yet.

There will definitely be a 399 SKU. At least I think. Hope pre-orders go up afterward and not during so I can pay attention but I have a feeling they'll go up during.

Moltenix

Still hoping we get 250us/329cad. Our dollar sucks enough as is, please don't shaft us even more on the exchange rate. 349 max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom