• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear to god I'm gonna end up paying $500 CAD for this god damned thing for the console + a game that may or may not be a re-release of a game I already own.

It's so crazy because I have almost no reason to believe owning this thing during its first year of launch is gonna be worth it. If the PS4 and Xbox One had a dark year and a half I don't even want to know how bad the Switch will be

Ondore

My local EB said they'd probably get their allotment tomorrow and preorders shortly after, still getting up at o-dark hundred tomorrow to see if they opened yet.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You're all chumps, Im gonna wait for PS8 while you all waste your money on jaggy infested games incapable of running at 30fps.

Why buy now when it'll be obsolete in a few years? I mean think about it.

Still have some credit from the EB double trade offer a couple weeks ago so hoping, if the price is decent, to get a Switch there. Having people over tonight, who are all gung ho to order one, to watch the announcements; it's easy to see myself get caught up in the excitement if orders go up tonight.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Bought Batman Telltale to have on my shelf, gonna wait for a 4K TV and play it on PC at 60fps, but that box art is lovely and I figured it wouldn't get much cheaper than $19.99 in the future.

SickBoy

All depends on the US price. If it is $250 there, even $350 is a bit rich (but not unexpected)... $400 would just be taking advantage.

(I think PS4 vs. Switch is a touch comparison... PS4 was widely expected to be both the strongest console and had the early look of this gen's "winner" due to both pricing and those Microsoft flubs... if you were interested in this console generation, it was the machine to get.)

trixx

fuck everyones pre-ordering I guess I'll go to best buy launch day at 6am and pick it up, online seems worst than in stores :lol

N° 2048

fuck everyones pre-ordering I guess I'll go to best buy launch day at 6am and pick it up

giphy.gif

It's not gonna be $399 you guys are crazy.
Shit's using Nvidia Tegra for fuck's sake.
that's what I keep saying. People keep talking about this home console shit but it's mobile hardware with mobile internals. Not even recent mobile internals lol.

But it is nintendo so really you never know.

kevin1025

Banned
We will know in an hour and a bit
plus the endless wait of what that price could possibly be in CDN --- also known as when Nintendo Canada on Twitter will spill the beans
!!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Guys its not gonna be $400, trust me Im from the internet

$250 US / $330 CAD

kevin1025

Banned
Watch it be $299 US and we're getting gouged on the exchange rate.
What laughs will be had!

I don't like this new world. I'm going to my backlog for a while...

...except for the onslaught of games the next three months.

But yeah, I'm starting to get the feeling $399 might be the price, at least the fancy version with a game and maybe the Pro controller. Nothing to back it up, but a feeling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom