• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Looks like the EB tradein promo was leaked for US and its bonus credit only on consoles traded towards Switch.

Sucks if theres no bonus promo for games.

Moltenix

Looks like the EB tradein promo was leaked for US and its bonus credit only on consoles traded towards Switch.

Sucks if theres no bonus promo for games.

I'm starting to regret not dumping most of my Wii U games at EB when they had the double credit day right before xmas. Coulda gotten 50 each for stuff like MK and Smash.

saskuatch

399 in Canada is a fail for me, if its that much I will just sell my ps4 on kijiji and buy a ps4pro as my gaming hardware purchase this year.

I'm starting to regret not dumping most of my Wii U games at EB when they had the double credit day right before xmas. Coulda gotten 50 each for stuff like MK and Smash.
Yeah, same. Didn't occur to me until the day after when I saw someone in here post about doing it, would have helped pay for quite a bit.

Stage On

You always preorder those around e3 to try and save the 20-30%.

And then there's always events at SDM.

Waiting for E3 won't help me with Switch launch games. Plus will they even be doing that anymore now that Prime members get 20% off all year round? Best buy sure doesn't since they just give near worthless rewards points instead.

Also hoping to get them at Shoppers is super millage may vary. None of the shoppers where I live even carry video games

Moltenix

Yep, Nintendo's gonna be shipping like a dozen Switch's to all of Canada. $399+ so no1's gonna buy it so limited stock won't be an issue...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hit "Email me when this item is available" on Amazon, what are the odds I actually get an email before they're all sold out?

I'll probably learn from this thread before regardless, but we'll see how well it works if I'm not on GAF at the exact minute they go up.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hit "Email me when this item is available" on Amazon, what are the odds I actually get an email before they're all sold out?

I'll probably learn from this thread before regardless, but we'll see how well it works if I'm not on GAF at the exact minute they go up.
0% chance. They don't send the email when stock goes up, it's hours after the fact.

leeman

Amazon is on to you. They are changing the urls and maybe the ips too. All the IPs.

I think they did this with the NES Classic as well. Second page listing ended up being the bundle if I remember correctly. Maybe we are talking about multiple versions? Deluxe? Bundle?

kevin1025

Banned
On that new Amazon Switch page, with a red exclamation point:

Quantities are Extremely Limited Continue to check back in with us as additional quantities become available.

Oh. Oh... :(

leeman

On that new Amazon Switch page, with a red exclamation point:

Quantities are Extremely Limited Continue to check back in with us as additional quantities become available.

Oh. Oh... :(

Yup, that exclamation mark is making me so sad :(. Did they have to make it so critical looking?

Mimosa97

Does shoppers ever do bonus redemption days? I got a stack of points I wanna spend.

It happens like once a year now ...

They did have a " 200$ for 95k points " at murale like 2 weeks ago. I bought 2 bottle of perfumes. Pretty good deal imo even if their stuff is a bit overpriced.

farisr

New link, huh? Standard & deluxe edition?
Exactly what came to my mind.

In other news, just got this email.
orderoxuoj.jpg

Sigh... still feels bad.

c-murph

Why does one one them say "Nintendo Switch Console - Wii U." Potential backwards compatible sku? Probably not, and likely just a simple mistake.

There's no backwards compatibility. Wouldn't make sense to have Switch versions of Wii U games then.

Clive

$349.99 and below and I'm in. Higher than that and it's Black Friday for the Switch. Too many great games coming out anyway and I have a Wii U with a 30% off pre-order on Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom