• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
To think I almost texted my buddy in the city who works at EB and was going to wire him $50 for a pre-order this morning.

Thank christ I waited.

Big Chungus

Gh6yKyz.gif

kswiston

I don't think he's saying that. Nintendo can't control how much you get paid. They can't control the dollar either.

US price is too high as well when you factor in extras. This system is competing with more powerful consoles that cost the same MSRP, and often go on sale for $250 with bundled software.

I have no clue why Nintendo decided to go with very expensive controller tech after the Wii U.

Vamphuntr

They should just release a normal controller without all that garbage in it. Make the one with ice cubes in a premium controller. There is no need for this thing to be this expensive. I really wish they offered a version that was just a boxed console at a cheaper price. For me at least I don't care about taking out the tablet thing or playing with friends in the park while we have a picnic or those crazy rooftop parties we have, I just want a box under the TV that plays games.

They probably thought it would become really convoluted for the games' requirements. Games are probably going to use those features. It was already a mess with some WiiU games about which thing you could use Wii U Pro, Wii Pro, Wii Remote and so on.

EB Trade promos.

Double Trade Value Towards All Nintendo Switch Stuff!

Some interesting trade deals to soften the blow.

Not very good until we learn about account system. I mean you would lose all your VC games :S

seantos

Neo Member
I am so glad I kept my wii u zelda preorder for like $40 from a few years ago. I was so close to cancelling it a few weeks ago.

Zekes!

the $400 is painful, but it literally comes out on my birthday so it's an easy "hey give me money for this" situation. I'm gonna try and get a pre-order in at least.

Mimosa97

Nah, scalpers are gonna be all over the thing. Artificially sold out for months.

Didn't Scalpers get fucked with the WIi U launch ? I know it happened at least in the US where scalpers thought it was gonna be the WIi all over again and ended up with a shit-ton of unsold Wii Us on their hands.

Stage On

You also have Amazon Prime Video is that's your thing. Be warned there is almost nothing outside of their exclusive series though.

Eh I don't care about video at all and I get most of my books from Chapters since they do 15% or more off more frequently so the only appeal of Prime for me was the 20% off on game preorders.

I hate the idea that I have to PAY to get that when it used to be BETTER and Free at E3 and Cyber monday but those days are gone now and I have to adapt if I'm going to continue to game.

kevin1025

Banned
So everywhere else is nuts, so I'll ask here.

Am I crazy, or am I reading the Switch online features right?

They're giving one free NES or SNES game a month, and it's worded like you'll only be able to play it for free during that exact month...

And also, they have a phone app that is their version of voice chat. Not an actual console voice chat.

farisr

Absolutely not worth it, and yeah, I didn't think they were dumb enough to actually price it higher than a ps4 over here, but they proved me wrong. And then the inflated price for the controllers on top of that, geez.

Looks like I'll be waiting till at least holiday 2018 if not later.

Moltenix

They're giving one free NES or SNES game a month, and it's worded like you'll only be able to play it for free during that exact month...

And also, they have a phone app that is their version of voice chat. Not an actual console voice chat.

That's what the wording sounds like. It's like if you could only play ur PS+ or XBL free games during the month it was available...

AaronMT86

Correct. This is Nintendo.

Vamphuntr

Edit : Nevermind.

Fine prints says it works for Wii U and N3DS for the 150$. The rest only work with games.

Also from that other thread

The screen on the tablet is 720p (my phone is better than this) and on tv it upscale to 1080p
Battery life for playing Zelda is about 3 hours
Only 32GB internal storage

I guess I'm Switching over to PlayStation ecosystem for this generation and will just catch up with my Nintendo backlog.

I think they got carried away thinking people will pay for this cause it is a portable console, while is not really a console and doesn't have 3rd party support and not really portable.

I can book a trip to Japan for that price

Stage On

How good is prime at release date delivery? I'd hate to get a Switch from my local eb games on the third only to not be able to play Zelda until the 6th

Moltenix

From the other thread, these are our NA launch titles apparently:

- 1, 2 Switch
- The Legend of Zelda: BotW
- Just Dance 2017
- Has Been Heroes
- Snipperclips
- Super Bomberman R
- Disgaea 5 Complete
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Rayman Legends
- Steep
- Skylanders: Imaginators
- I Am Setsuna

bryt

From the other thread, these are our NA launch titles apparently:

- 1, 2 Switch
- The Legend of Zelda: BotW
- Just Dance 2017
- Has Been Heroes
- Snipperclips
- Super Bomberman R
- Disgaea 5 Complete
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Rayman Legends
- Steep
- Skylanders: Imaginators
- I Am Setsuna

Wow.. so nothing but Zelda, but you can play that on Wii U. RIP...

FrsDvl

Good thing all my staff at work knows what they're doing so i can sit here and supervise, and by supervise i mean refresh Amazon every 5 minutes for a Switch pre order...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom