• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

$150 for my Wii U? No frickin way!

After tonight, i'm totally seeing my Wii U in a different light. MK8 and Splatoon online without needing to pay a cent.

WiiU's are still like $330 :lol

Don't trade that shit in. Wii U's with working gamepads are gonna be hot collectors items one day. Think Virtual Boy.

Most people are worried after the NES Classic fiasco.

Lots of differences between the NES Classic Edition and the Switch. Well, 320 differences anyways.

Nintendo faithful will buy pretty much anything at any price though, and Nintendo is prone to creating artificial shortages for buzz.

krae_man

Those peripherals are insanely expensive.

On the plus side, if your switch breaks you can get a new screen part for about $10 because clearly the cost of the system is in everything else.

UberTag

I dunno, parents aren't exactly gonna flock towards the $400 Switch + $79 Pokemon Stars + tax when there's cheap 2DS/3DS and Pokemon Sun/Moon available.
After today, I'm still expecting more mainline Pokemon titles on 3DS in the future... even with Stars a Switch-exclusive.

Aonuma

Looks like Amazon.ca is starting to up Switch game pre-orders.

The very first Switch game you can pre-order in Canada, lol

Lego City Undercover
https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01N2201SM/022748-20/

Try preordering it! There was some kind of strange price glitch and it came up as $25.19 in my cart!!

Grp3HrX.png

antibolo

Banned
I'm gonna try to get a pre-order at BB online tomorrow morning, and then in the evening after work I'll check and see if my local EB still has any left, if they do then I'll cancel my BB pre-order.

Jinto

I saved $56 on a Lego game. Now I'm obligated to spend another $500 so I have something to play it on. They got me good.

N° 2048

I pre-ordered it in case another Toronto gaffer wants it for cheap when the glitch is fixed. Just have to come to me to get it.

Not even buying the Switch.

Sealtest

They honored the $20 xenoblade chronicles so it's a big chance they will honor this.

I find it harder for them to cancel almost everyones preorder for Xenoblade when they might've had them for months compared to a game that just went up for preorder.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm just having a good chuckle at the folks in the Switch thread that said it couldn't be more than $250 USD and that anyone saying otherwise was just trolling and fear mongering.

I'll buy a Switch at launch because I am a dumb fan, but man, I am not impressed at all so far. There appears to be a slight stream of games to keep my interest with Zelda, Mario Kart and Splatoon, but this is about a 'good Wii U' year sort of pace it seems like.

I'm just having a good chuckle at the folks in the Switch thread that said it couldn't be more than $250 USD and that anyone saying otherwise was just trolling and fear mongering.

I'll buy a Switch at launch because I am a dumb fan, but man, I am not impressed at all so far. There appears to be a slight stream of games to keep my interest with Zelda, Mario Kart and Splatoon, but this is about a 'good Wii U' year sort of pace it seems like.

I had someone PM me a few months ago when I suggested it would be $299. They gave me a long winded explanation of the part cost.

I'm in because I'm a sucker for new hardware and I like the look of this despite the lack of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom