• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
I think Nintendo will be hard-pressed to drop prices anytime soon, especially if the Canadian dollar drops further this year. I put my preorders in for grey, Zelda and Mario.

UberTag

I don't doubt that at this obscene Canadian price there will be stock very soon after like the Wii U was
There will be a LOT of returns, pre-order cancellations and scalpers trying to dump stock after launch. But prior to launch it's going to be tough to secure one.

Iced

Master edition is 200?! Not 170 like in the states? Why? WHY?!?!

GODDAMNIT Nintendo. As big a fan I am of the series, and as badly as I want the Master Edition, there's no way I'm fine paying more money because "lol F it why not dum candians". Between your stupid lack of stock, shit accessory prices, and inability to charge your joy-con while you play unless you drop an extra 40 bucks.....

Man, a part of me is hoping the switch fails to meet expectations. Not even because I want a quick price drop. I'm just spiteful right now.

$170 US converted to CAN is $223.63. Why are you complaining?

UberTag

Dollar expected to hit $0.70 USD this year, so. Our dollar is shit.
I've been hearing doomsday scenarios about the dollar falling to 70 cents ever since Trudeau took office and it hasn't happened yet.

Trump is a big 'ole volatile variable right now.

trixx

Had prices been better I'd probably been salty not being able to snag one for pre-orders, but my wii u looking like great value at the moment.

Anyways to those who missed it:
1. you would probably be able to easily get one in store
2. it would be readily available soon enough
3. Probably cheaper or bundled with game during holidays.

The neon version of console is terrible. Either make both red or both blue, a disjoint? Yuck

iphys

Got one super easily at Best buy. Link was like e for at least five minutes, I'm not sure how people that were there at the right time could have missed it.

I doubt I would have got one from BB if not for the link being posted here, because their redirect page wasn't updating to allow you to pre-order and if I tried searching for the product on the site all I got was the redirect page.

balohna

Haha, we're turning on each other! Don't let Nintendo do this to you!!

I imagine it's because we feel the price increase but have nothing to show for it apart from that.

Haha, it's as helpful as posts complaining about not getting one.

Haha, sorry just frustrating to read as someone that got up at 6 AM and then missed the window because of issues I had with Best Buy's website.

Saying anything should be easy for everyone because it was easy for you is generally a good way to annoy anyone that didn't find it easy.

kevin1025

Banned
It;s 130 USD, which SHOULD be 170 CAD. But instead we're paying 200 CAD, which is about 155 USD.

Yeah, I'm with you, that's pretty rotten.

Haha, sorry just frustrating to read as someone that got up at 6 AM and then missed the window because of issues I had with Best Buy's website.

It's all right! All of the security purchases might yield one if people start cancelling them, keep your eye out!

tiijj

the zelda master ed $199 price could be a placeholder from eb, I'm waiting for amazon or bb to see if we'll be getting the $169 price.

Anyone been in store at Ebgames yet for a preorder?

I have a Amazon one because I know I'm not going to get to a Ebgames till the end of the day to use my credit. I'm not holding my breath on each store getting a lot.

Ah, okay that makes a bit more sense. Still, $130 converted is $170.91, which is exactly where it should be. Still not seeing why Nintendo is taking the flak.

No, it SHOULD be 170 CAD. But we're paying 200 CAD (155 USD) for something that, in the states, is 170 CAD (130 USD).

Brandson

Switch low-allotment for Canada and pre-order fails makes it an easy decision to keep my $48 Zelda WiiU order from E3 2015 now. Might get a Switch later.

Brinbe

I have a Amazon one because I know I'm not going to get to a Ebgames till the end of the day to use my credit. I'm not holding my breath on each store getting a lot.
Waiting at the one at Eaton Centre. Like 19th in line.

i got one, store had 42 up for preorder, and 5 people showed up at opening, so depending on how busy your place is, you may be able to get one

tiijj

PS4 had a price increase post-launch thanks to the exchange rate. There's certainly precedent for it.

Best of luck, Brinbe. Feel free to trip any scalpers.

I don't remember nintendo raising prices on currently released console, they'll raise the price and add a bit more for newer release console or special edition/bundle.

balohna

Does Best Buy typically end up doing console pre-orders in store? I'd expect to be able to do it through their site (for pick up), maybe just not yet?

My cousin called his local EB Games. Apparently, they're allowed to presell three master editions.

THREE WHOLE COPIES. WOW. And some people were saying Nintendo wouldn't understock like they always do for something as big as this lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom