• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
had one in my cart at bestbuy and when I went to checkout I got he sold out error message..it was complete bullshit...I'm assuming if something is in my cart the inventory is held for a period of time to allow me to process the checkout..Bestbuy sucks donkey balls

RaidenXZ

That was ridiculous. It was in my cart :/

If anyone wants to sell a preorder or cancel their order, hit me up haha

I'm getting desperate

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Jeez... :/ guess I was lucky. I refreshed at 2:59 and completed my order and got one. My coworker next to me refreshed on the color joycon and it was gone. Then she refreshed on the grey joycon and that was gone.

Emu-Fred

Banned
gray in cart, I click submit only to see

"Verify for Visa Checkout and password." NOOOOOO

getting through this like a madman only to see some error bullshit.

Screw you Best Buy and your Visa Checkout crap

AtlasJQ

Neo Member
I got one in my cart but it gave me a postal code error which seems to have cost me the pre-order for a friend of mine. I have mine at EB and was trying to do a good deed :(

Aonuma

gray in cart, I click submit only to see

"Verify for Visa Checkout and password." NOOOOOO

getting through this like a madman only to see some error bullshit.

Screw you Best Buy and your Visa Checkout crap

I just had a regular purchase I made of a microsd card for the Switch get cancelled by Best Buy without notice because there were "visa checkout verification errors". I seriously didn't get an email about it or anything, It said it worked when I checked out and I was waiting for the stupid thing to show up and went to check online and it was "cancelled".

I had used a gift card that I had then thrown away for the purchase too, so that was like a whole day of bouncing between support departments before they emailed me a giftcard code for its original value so I can still use it at some point -- if I ever trust them enough again to buy something from them.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Only reason I ordered the Pro controller is so I can take it back and use my $20 RZ coupon in-store.

Terrible pre-order cycle in play here. I feel like I'm pre-ordering items just for the sake of it that I'm not sure about keeping in case I decide I want it because of how fast they sell out, but they're probably selling out so fast because of people doing that... Speaklng of, grabbed the pro controller.

jokkir

Terrible pre-order cycle in play here. I feel like I'm pre-ordering items just for the sake of it that I'm not sure about keeping in case I decide I want it because of how fast they sell out, but they're probably selling out so fast because of people doing that... Speaklng of, grabbed the pro controller.

I'm doing the same thing :|

kevin1025

Banned
Is South Park: The Fractured But Whole actually coming out March 28? Saw it mentioned on Twitter a couple of times, but there's been no real announcement. Plus things in April and May and June are getting dates, shouldn't they have announced it by now if it's so soon?

I admit I fell into that trap for Zelda Switch SE. I won't even have a Switch at launch, and possibly not for a long time after.

keakster

Anyone know if the Pro Controller comes with a cable to charge? I can't find solid info anywhere, just people making claims in either direction with no proof.

edit: Nintendo UK's site says it comes with a USB cable to charge, hopefully this means we'll get one as well.

Darkfire64

Neo Member
So I just remembered that I have Breath of the Wild for Wii U preordered at Future Shop from E3 2014. I would really like the Switch version instead, but not if that means losing my preorder discount.

I guess calling Best Buy customer support would be my best bet? Or just waiting till March 3, and exchange it for the Switch version?

Sealtest

So I just remembered that I have Breath of the Wild for Wii U preordered at Future Shop from E3 2014. I would really like the Switch version instead, but not if that means losing my preorder discount.

I guess calling Best Buy customer support would be my best bet? Or just waiting till March 3, and exchange it for the Switch version?

Best bet is calling, but I don't think they'd do it. When Last Guardian was announced as PS4 only the only thing they did was cancel everyones and I think give out s 20% off coupon towards a new preorder.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Best bet is calling, but I don't think they'd do it. When Last Guardian was announced as PS4 only the only thing they did was cancel everyones and I think give out s 20% off coupon towards a new preorder.
Yeah, I don't think they'll do it either. I remember trying to get a GTAV 360 copy exchanged for a PS3 copy, and they made it sound like I was trying to burn down the Futureshop and hold the manager hostage or something.

Thank you. Now I can cancel my amazon one since Best Buy should be better.

I totally forgot about the switch at 3pm so I couldn't nab a grey one. Meh. Maybe I'll just stick with neon.

Anyone know if the Pro Controller comes with a cable to charge? I can't find solid info anywhere, just people making claims in either direction with no proof.

edit: Nintendo UK's site says it comes with a USB cable to charge, hopefully this means we'll get one as well.
It would be ridiculous if not but this is nintendo I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom