• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jashobeam

100% sure my Wii U Pro Controller came with a usb charging cable, not a generic one either, it was light gray and had Nintendo branding on it. But yea who knows about the Switch Pro, won't know until someone does an unboxing i guess

Not like one comes with the DualShock 4.
but I feel like this is different. That's because the PS4 comes with one. Does the switch come with a usb c cable you can use to charge controllers? If so then it's a non issue to me. As long as they're providing one either with the console or with the controller it's cool.

Lexxism

100% sure my Wii U Pro Controller came with a usb charging cable, not a generic one either, it was light gray and had Nintendo branding on it. But yea who knows about the Switch Pro, won't know until someone does an unboxing i guess
Well, if the system comes with the cable then that's not a problem. WiiU never had the pro controller cable so it comes with it if you buy the controller.

Do we even know what port does the pro controller uses? USB-C?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
but I feel like this is different. That's because the PS4 comes with one. Does the switch come with a usb c cable you can use to charge controllers? If so then it's a non issue to me. As long as they're providing one either with the console or with the controller it's cool.
Even if the Switch comes with one people would still bitch about the controllers not coming with one because "lol Nintendo".

tiijj

The japanese site says that it came with a usb charging cable. Unless they do a different package for japanese and western ones other than the language it should be the same

Size: 106 mm in length × 152 mm in width × 60 mm in thickness
Mass: Approximately 246 g
Communication function: Bluetooth 3.0 / NFC (Near Field Communication)
Sensor: Acceleration sensor / gyro sensor
Vibration function: HD vibration
USB terminal: USB Type-C ™ terminal used to charge the Nintendo Switch Pro controller
Built-in battery: Lithium-ion battery [CTR-003] battery capacity 1300mAh ※ If you need to replace the internal battery, we will exchange it for a fee at Nintendo Service Center (online repair reception).
Battery duration: About 40 hours ※ It is a measure of time. It may become shorter depending on usage.
Charging time: About 6 hours ※ AC adapter [HAC-002 (JPN)] or, to charge with the included USB charging cable.

Also in the amazon jp description

Product specifications
Set contents
Nintendo Switch Pro controller
USB charging cable
Model number: HAC-A-FSSKA

farisr

Man, caring about physical copies sucks. I think I'm gonna keep Nioh after all after hearing reported shortages. Don't want to risk a physical copy not being available later on in the year.

leeman

My copy of Yakuza 0 just shipped from Amazon. Ordered it about a week ago, long after the release date. I guess they received their new shipment? Curious if it will come with the card holder, not holding my breath...

nath999

Ok I think I'm out on The Switch just adding up the cost and to play Zelda the way I want doesn't seem worth it.

Switch Console - $451.99
Zelda - $72.31
Switch Pro Controller - 101.69
---------------------------------------------
Total $ 625.99

With what they've shown so far and all the questions still surrounding the switch I think it's best I resist impluse.

Sorry to dash your walmart pre order dreams guys

C4Gm4gCUYAIwceO.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/WalmartCanada/status/829125999673667585

farisr

Looks like my Nioh order did get cancelled after all. I think I'm gonna risk it and not buy it right now. Try to get it later once I've put a dent in this current backlog, which probably won't be till May or June. Hope I can nab a physical copy still at that point.

Oneself

Ok I think I'm out on The Switch just adding up the cost and to play Zelda the way I want doesn't seem worth it.

Switch Console - $451.99
Zelda - $72.31
Total $ 625.99

With what they've shown so far and all the questions still surrounding the switch I think it's best I resist impluse.

Ouch! And that's before taxes. :|

Anth0ny

Switch Console - $451.99
Zelda - $72.31
Total $ 625.99

Adding up a console launch in Canadian dollars with tax...

tumblr_inline_nvqcmlfV8Y1sn2cms_500.gif

I don't have the stomach to buy a controller for $100.

Kiro

How are you guys ordering Zelda from Amazon knowing it isn't guaranteed delivery of March 3rd? I'd hate to have my Switch sitting there for several days without a game to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom