• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownLoad

Did you call in or just use chat for this? I really need to get on this I don't need my wii u pre order but could use the savings haha.

I just used their Chat option. I work with a computer all day so I would pull up the chat whenever I had some down time.

Took me 4 separate chat tries till I got someone who would finally do it for me. I wouldn't even bother asking if you can switch the item, instead just ask about the credit option.

Sylwest

Oh, nice! Thanks for the heads up. I just checked my order and mine went down to $103.99 + tax too! I'll take any extra discount. Thanks, Amazon!

I just used their Chat option. I work with a computer all day so I would pull up the chat whenever I had some down time.

Took me 4 separate chat tries till I got someone who would finally do it for me. I wouldn't even bother asking if you can switch the item, instead just ask about the credit option.
I ended up just doing the call, got someone from the US she just dropped the item price of my switch version to what I would have been paying for the wii copy, so 45.49 pre tax/prime

Lexxism

Switch Pre-order at Bestbuy. February 7 3PM EST
Did Bestbuy.ca ever put up the Switch Pro controller?
mx8ZD7.png

diaspora

I do too, I dunno what yours is but mines pretty damn sleek. Honestly if the extra cost adds $30 and not even a pound to the device? I'd be pretty okay with that trade off.

Upon looking up the specs the console itself is less than 300 grams, damn I didn't even realize they got it so light, maybe the extra weight wouldn't be so good for on the go.
It wouldn't. There are no scenarios where the battery life gets better without a significant weight and price increase.

Timexy

Neo Member
Switch Pre-order at Bestbuy. February 7 3PM EST

I'm going to Canada next april (Montreal/Québec City area) and I hope to get my hands on a Switch, but I'm afraid this "shortage" might last past my stay there.

Do Bestbuy online pre-orders have an option to pick up in store? Or if anyone knows of any alternatives like a locker service, I'm willing to try that as well.

kennah

I'm going to Canada next april (Montreal/Québec City area) and I hope to get my hands on a Switch, but I'm afraid this "shortage" might last past my stay there.

Do Bestbuy online pre-orders have an option to pick up in store? Or if anyone knows of any alternatives like a locker service, I'm willing to try that as well.
I'd hang on to it and meet up with you. I live near Quebec City and am not sketchy :p

From what part of the world are you visiting us? Canadian prices suck compared to USA's

Lizardus

So uh

Out of the blue my Zelda SE preorder got a further prime discount applied

It's now 103.99$ before taxes, 119.56 all in.

I wonder if that's what triggered the availability notification

Holy shit, same here. Now its almost on par with the US price.

Thank you BASED Amazon (if they don't revert it back)

i just checked my BotW Special Edition order, looks like I got an additional discount as well. Amazon can't increase the price on me now, can they?
kniUESN.png

I wonder if we can use this to further reduce the price. Would you mind screenshotting the price with the whole order?

jokkir

I'm definitely in the camp trying to re-preorder Switch on Best Buy. How can I add gift cards to my account? I just created one today.

DownLoad

I ended up just doing the call, got someone from the US she just dropped the item price of my switch version to what I would have been paying for the wii copy, so 45.49 pre tax/prime

Nice, not bad. Either you got luckier than me, or calling in is the way to go. I'll try that out next time I need to contact them.

Timexy

Neo Member
From what part of the world are you visiting us? Canadian prices suck compared to USA's

Brazil. While buying a Switch is not the main reason for my trip I want to take the opportunity because I'm sure it'll cost 2x to 3x more than in US/CA once it starts to sell around here, be it officially sold by Nintendo or through unofficial importers.

If he come from South America, Canada prices are excellent in comparison.

It's not that much different. CAD 400,00 is around BRL 1050,00 with today's exchange rate while USD 300,00 is around BRL 1005,00, plus BR/US/CA taxes, but once you factor everything else a trip to Canada can be cheaper. I've been to both and spent less in Canada while buying more stuff. In fact I bought my PS4 in Vancouver back in 2014.

jmoe316

Hopefully Best Buy doing more Switch pre-orders means that retailers know how much stock they are getting now and the original estimates were low.

I have a bunch of Amazon credit and missed the original pre-order because I didn't see the prime button off to the side until it was too late. Hopefully Amazon will be opening more pre-orders in the next week or so too.

killroy87

Anyone able to reserve Nioh in store at Best Buy? It says all locations near me (Vancouver) are sold out. Is BB just not carrying it in store?

Lexxism

I'm definitely in the camp trying to re-preorder Switch on Best Buy. How can I add gift cards to my account? I just created one today.
If you mean like loading the gift card on your account, then that's not possible. You can add the gift card during checkout but that might be a problem if you are trying to secure a pre-order. I guess order now and then call to add the gift card on the order.

Anyone able to reserve Nioh in store at Best Buy? It says all locations near me (Vancouver) are sold out. Is BB just not carrying it in store?

Amazon US is out. Cant find any at local BB either. This is looking like Yakuza 0 sellout situation (also was never at BB in store).

Amazon CA and BB online (7 for Toronto) only still have stock. Can do same day for Prime until noon or so.

explodet

I actually got my Nioh a day early but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.

I put a huge dent in my backlog over the holidays because there wasn't much coming out I wanted to play but this recent period of games just built it back up again.

jokkir

If you mean like loading the gift card on your account, then that's not possible. You can add the gift card during checkout but that might be a problem if you are trying to secure a pre-order. I guess order now and then call to add the gift card on the order.

Aw man. Okay, I copied the gift card details to my PC and getting ready two windows for this. I'm ready

jokkir

At least I know if I can't grab this preorder I have it already at EB. But I didn't even want to buy the Switch full price but with my giftcards I got during Christmas :\

Gitaroo

Not yet. At least online. I want to switch my credit to splatoon 2 and xenoblade. Don't want to use it on pro controller.

I would use it on pro controller since I am not able to get any deals anywhere else on controllers. My prime discount only works on games so I would use EB credits for stuffs that I can't get discount on and but games from amazon or something.

RaidenXZ

Me and three people were on that thing at 3 trying for one and it sold out. Wtf! Just need to get this one preorder for my friend and we'll all be happy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom