• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealtest

How are you guys ordering Zelda from Amazon knowing it isn't guaranteed delivery of March 3rd? I'd hate to have my Switch sitting there for several days without a game to play.

Pretty much I'm paying full price for zelda from EBGames and the one that comes bundled in my Amazon bundle I'll sell for $70 or so.

Gotta have zelda day 1. Or even midnight.

tiijj

How are you guys ordering Zelda from Amazon knowing it isn't guaranteed delivery of March 3rd? I'd hate to have my Switch sitting there for several days without a game to play.

Probably preordered the switch at amazon as well, it should arrive at the same time.

Hoping they update it to release day delivery eligible as we get closer.

If not, I'll probably do the good ol' questionably ethical return trick.

Worth doing for the Wii u preorder price.

Luigi87

Yeah, I'm getting the Zelda SE at EB, because even if I could have gotten it Amazon, in spite of that great discount from the last day, I would go nuts if I didn't get it the Friday, since that means waiting until at least Monday. Being a Nintendo special edition in particular means little to no chance of even doing a shop 'n swap with another retailer + Amazon copy.

terrible

Banned
What's the shipping like with EB Games? I have Zelda pre-ordered there and the Switch pre-ordered from Best Buy. Who am I kidding, I have a bad history with release day stuff from BB anyway so I doubt I'd get the Switch on the 3rd. I think my PS4 came 3-4 days late. I'll probably get to listen to the Breath of the Wild CD for the weekend before I get the system lol.

Wii U but:
8f22ea1fcd.png

that price, thanks E3.

Sealtest

1 full week and amazon finally sent me a code for Digimon. Only it doesn't work..

Now I hope marketing will give me a new working one.

marcod

It's a bit cheaper for me thanks to gift cards and the prime discount. Also I think someone in this thread said that the estimations should be updated to release day soon?

antibolo

Banned

We don't know that. Amazon often updates that info a few weeks before release.

For a major Nintendo release like this it's very unlikely it won't get release day delivery.

Worst case scenario I'll do the classic BB return switcheroo

BadWolf

Getting a working custom PC from Ncix was quite the ordeal.

- Picked the parts with the help of a Gaffer and bought them on Ncix to have them put it all together
- They are busy over the holiday season so it takes a while to get put together and shipped
- The PC arrives dead, won't even boot. They had a sheet there saying that it was checked for quality before shipping, clearly that wasn't true.
- Somehow I get it to boot and it dies a couple of days later.
- Took it to an Ncix store and they said they would ship to their warehouse for repairs
- Over a month and a half later they email me saying that there is a fault with the motherboard and they need to replace it
- A couple of more weeks pass and I go to pick it up
- I unpack it and the case isn't even screwed on properly
- I open it to insert the video card (since it was taken out for shipping safety) and the damn cooler is hanging by a cable and not even attached to the motherboard.
- I take the damn thing back to the store again (because apparently they have a no refund policy for custom PCs) to fix on the spot.
- When I came in they said they called the technician and he said the cooler was put on perfectly and they did a quality check. All I can do is laugh since their quality check allowed a dead PC to be shipped in the first place.
- They call their in store technician over to have a look and apparently the brackets that hold the cooler in place were installed upside down and that is why the thing fell out. He had to unscrew them and then screw them on properly before putting the cooler into them.

It seems to be working so far but holy fuck was the whole process rage inducing. Their store comes so well recommended online but this was beyond disappointing. The store is also pretty far from me so it was quite the trip each time.

At least the Mississauga store staff was really helpful.

I usually don't bother with giving bad reviews online but I'm really tempted to do a 1 star after this. This was my first time getting a custom PC and might very well be my last.

JDH

I strongly suggest next time you build your own. It is super easy. If you know how to use a screwdriver and ever built lego, it's basically the same concept.

Mupod

Canada post seems to have gotten confused so my guaranteed release date delivery of Nioh still won't get here today. I bitched at amazon and they gave me 35 bucks, holy crap. Maybe I'll keep the Prime sub if they're going to bribe me like that, lol.

Getting a working custom PC from Ncix was quite the ordeal.

- Picked the parts with the help of a Gaffer and bought them on Ncix to have them put it all together
- They are busy over the holiday season so it takes a while to get put together and shipped
- The PC arrives dead, won't even boot. They had a sheet there saying that it was checked for quality before shipping, clearly that wasn't true.
- Somehow I get it to boot and it dies a couple of days later.
- Took it to an Ncix store and they said they would ship to their warehouse for repairs
- Over a month and a half later they email me saying that there is a fault with the motherboard and they need to replace it
- A couple of more weeks pass and I go to pick it up
- I unpack it and the case isn't even screwed on properly
- I open it to insert the video card (since it was taken out for shipping safety) and the damn cooler is hanging by a cable and not even attached to the motherboard.
- I take the damn thing back to the store again (because apparently they have a no refund policy for custom PCs) to fix on the spot.
- When I came in they said they called the technician and he said the cooler was put on perfectly and they did a quality check. All I can do is laugh since their quality check allowed a dead PC to be shipped in the first place.
- They call their in store technician over to have a look and apparently the brackets that hold the cooler in place were installed upside down and that is why the thing fell out. He had to unscrew them and then screw them on properly before putting the cooler into them.

It seems to be working so far but holy fuck was the whole process rage inducing. Their store comes so well recommended online but this was beyond disappointing. The store is also pretty far from me so it was quite the trip each time.

At least the Mississauga store staff was really helpful.

I usually don't bother with giving bad reviews online but I'm really tempted to do a 1 star after this. This was my first time getting a custom PC and might very well be my last.

Wow, haven't ever heard of that happening, I've recommended them many times. I had my first bad NCIX experience recently too, but it was right after Black Friday so it was mostly self inflicted. I couldn't find out if my parts were ready for pickup (also at the mississauga store) so I tried calling them multiple times. I eventually got fed up, drove over there, and lo and behold their phone was ringing nonstop and everyone was just ignoring it. My parts were ready too, but I had to wait in line a while since their usual pickup counter had nobody there.

On the upside, even though the sale was over they gave me the sale price on a corsair keyboard because it was still labelled with the black friday price.

I strongly suggest next time you build your own. It is super easy. If you know how to use a screwdriver and ever built lego, it's basically the same concept.

honestly PCs these days are really easy to put together but the NCIX assembly is usually not a terrible deal. I don't know if it's always $50 but that's how much they would have charged for my last system, and how much it was for the one time I ever used that service. That was back in 2008 but their cable management was great, they tested all the hardware and even ran 3dmark a few times.

I feel like I would have paid someone 10 bucks just to get the god forsaken IO shield onto my last case. It seriously took me like half an hour to get that cheap piece of shit on.

Clov

Looks like the Zelda BOTW amiibo are pre-orderable in-store today @ EBGames.ca along with the Mario Sports amiibo cards. The Zelda amiibo are priced higher, $21.99 for the basic ones, $29.99 for the Guardian... Also starting to show up online:

Rider:
https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collecti...ibo-link-rider

Archer:
https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/728067/amiibo-link-archer

I understand the Guardian being more expensive, but why are the regular ones $21? That's pretty steep if they're just the size of regular Amiibo.

Luigi87

Looks like the Zelda BOTW amiibo are pre-orderable in-store today @ EBGames.ca along with the Mario Sports amiibo cards. The Zelda amiibo are priced higher, $21.99 for the basic ones, $29.99 for the Guardian... Also starting to show up online:

Rider:
https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collecti...ibo-link-rider

Archer:
https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/728067/amiibo-link-archer

$21.99 for Archer, Zelda, and Bokoblin?

Nope, I'm out.
I expected Rider and Guardian (not at $29.99), but... jeez.

Edit: FWIW, these are priced appropriately to the USD pricing ($15.99 USD), which has me wonder, what the hell is with the pricing Nintendo?

tiijj

what do these mario sports cards do?

For the upcoming 3ds game mario sports superstars

Why is it $22?? It should be around $15-16.

It looks like it's priced higher than the "regular" amiibo from the price list at another region. I guess ebgames is not doing a zelda botw master edition in this.

For the upcoming 3ds game mario sports superstars

Why is it $22?? It should be around $15-16.

It looks like it's priced higher than the "regular" amiibo from the price list at another region. I guess ebgames is not doing a zelda botw master edition in this.

Master editions of every amiibo for $49.99.

killroy87

I knew when I walked into Best Buy over the weekend and saw a bunch of the Poochy amiibo that the amiibo craze is officially over. I'll walk into a store and pick up the Link Archer amiibo, but the prices have gotten nuts.

RS4-

Re: ncix, I'm ok with them if I can just straight up buy something.

But not when it comes to returns, refunds and price matching. Straight garbage.

DownLoad

Got one! Awesome cause I missed all 3 other's (EB, Bestbuy, initial Amazon).

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm actually considering canceling this SE. Not sure if I can validate spending so much more for just a case, cd and a map... Since I can just use my existing regular Switch version for $40. $70 more is a hell of a lot more...

If I decide to cancel I'll post a message on this thread prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom