• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmoe316

Going to go to Wal-Mart in the next few days to ask about Switch sotck counts received. Has anyone done this yet? Maybe they haven't received their stock or know what to expect?

CRA5H

Anyone know if these are any different from the Zelda SE cases? Aside from cosmetic, of course.
Zelda SE case has more game slots as well as a mini pouch inside. I believe this one just has a flap for some games and that's it. Compare the screenshots of this to the Treehouse video of the Zelda SE Case.

iiicon

Gotta love Amazon. Prime subscriber, live in Vancouver, Horizon Zero Dawn estimate is March 8th-10th. At least it's an E3 2015 order so I get 30% off $71.99.

DamnBoxes

Going to go to Wal-Mart in the next few days to ask about Switch sotck counts received. Has anyone done this yet? Maybe they haven't received their stock or know what to expect?

I've gotten "We don't know yet" from the two Wal-Mart stores near me in Montreal.

If anyone gets an update from their store please let us know! I'll do the same.

Conezays

Well, I spoke to Amazon chat again. It seems they've gone back on what was said previously and now no release day delivery for Switch or Switch-related items. Argh.

Well, I spoke to Amazon chat again. It seems they've gone back on what was said previously and now no release day delivery for Switch or Switch-related items. Argh.

Amazon chat is always a mixed bag information wise. I wouldn't rely on them one way or another. They are best utilised for immediate customer service.

killroy87

Amazon chat is always a mixed bag information wise. I wouldn't rely on them one way or another. They are best utilised for immediate customer service.

Yup. Unless you're asking them to alter or help with the most binary aspects of an order, I would expect those people to have all of zero information. I'm at least 90% certain they are just looking at the same info you are and coming to a conclusion.

Not to say they won't end up being right, but I wouldn't put any stake in what they say.

Conezays

Yup. Unless you're asking them to alter or help with the most binary aspects of an order, I would expect those people to have all of zero information. I'm at least 90% certain they are just looking at the same info you are and coming to a conclusion.

Not to say they won't end up being right, but I wouldn't put any stake in what they say.

Sure, I agree, but when a representative says X I don't mind clarifying this later on, etc. They gave me a $10 credit for the miscommunication at least. Nonetheless frustrating, I suppose I should've attempted an in-store pre-order if wanted it next Friday. She basically relayed that Nintendo is not providing stock sufficiently in advance so they cannot guarantee release day shipping, but that the March 7th-8th estimates are just that; we *may* get the orders sooner.

I cancelled my Amazon Pro Controller (Switch) order and switched it to Best Buy. Probably not a smart decision but Amazon is telling me I'll receive it on the 7th-10th while Best Buy told me I should get it on the 3rd.

Kyolux

Amazon Japan refunded me the pre-paid import fees they charged me for my Famicom Mini.

How nice of them.

A very japanese thing to do.

They'll go out of their way for these things.

When I went to the FFXIV café, the lady at the reception (of the building, not of the café) gave me an umbrella because mine was broken when I asked her if she could dispose of it. She couldn't dispose of it though. lol

bryt

A very japanese thing to do.

They'll go out of their way for these things.

When I went to the FFXIV café, the lady at the reception (of the building, not of the café) gave me an umbrella because mine was broken when I asked her if she could dispose of it. She couldn't dispose of it though. lol

Yep, I go to a Japanese place to get my hair cut and they gave me an umbrella one time because it started raining while I was getting my hair cut.

I may lose my Switch Best Buy pre-order, because of they can't confirm my billing information, even though I called my bank and they said they had no problems with it. Ugh, I'm bummed out right now.

I may lose my Switch Best Buy pre-order, because of they can't confirm my billing information, even though I called my bank and they said they had no problems with it. Ugh, I'm bummed out right now.

By chance is this Mastercard? They are super freaks about everything matching exact. Spaces, Initials, everything. Run through the info line by line and make sure it matches exactly.

UberTag

Managed to secure a Neon Switch pre-order on Bestbuy.ca after some persistence.
With Amazon unwilling/unable to commit to a delivery date prior to the 7th despite Prime/Priority Shipping for both it and Zelda, I'm kicking those orders to the curb.

JRBechard

Managed to secure a Neon Switch pre-order on Bestbuy.ca after some persistence.
With Amazon unwilling/unable to commit to a delivery date prior to the 7th despite Prime/Priority Shipping for both it and Zelda, I'm kicking those orders to the curb.

How long ago? I have it in my cart and been pressing check-out all day and I got nothing yet.

UberTag

How long ago? I have it in my cart and been pressing check-out all day and I got nothing yet.
Right around 1:48pm Eastern. I left an auto-clicker refreshing on my shopping cart and managed to catch the order and process it via Paypal without missing the window this time.

I believe I've seen 5-6 additional windows from cancellations over the past 24 hours or so but I missed them due to not paying close attention. This was the first one I was able to jump on without delay.

JRBechard

Right around 1:48pm Eastern. I left an auto-clicker refreshing on my shopping cart and managed to catch the order and process it via Paypal without missing the window this time.

I believe I've seen 5-6 additional windows from cancellations over the past 24 hours or so but I missed them due to not paying close attention. This was the first one I was able to jump on without delay.

I got an auto clicker too on the checkout page for a neon and I haven't seen one yet... maybe I'm on the wrong page?

zAykuP4.png

UberTag

I got an auto clicker too on the checkout page for a neon and I haven't seen one yet... maybe I'm on the wrong page?
You're definitely on the correct page. If it helps I had my auto-clicker running on the Paypal Checkout button in 6-second increments. That seemed like the sweet spot. Also had my Paypal credentials already registered so I literally only hit the confirmation button on the initial Paypal screen and then the Submit Order button once I got redirected back to Bestbuy.ca.

I honestly expected to miss out on my first timely response hit but it went through without issue. You've already got the Neon in your cart so that's half of the legwork right there. Just keep at it and your persistence should be rewarded before next Friday.

JRBechard

You're definitely on the correct page. If it helps I had my auto-clicker running on the Paypal Checkout button in 6-second increments. That seemed like the sweet spot. Also had my Paypal credentials already registered so I literally only hit the confirmation button on the initial Paypal screen and then the Submit Order button once I got redirected back to Bestbuy.ca.

I honestly expected to miss out on my first timely response hit but it went through without issue. You've already got the Neon in your cart so that's half of the legwork right there. Just keep at it and persistence should pay off before next Friday.

Thanks dude, happy to confirm I'm doing the right thing at least.

Pavaloo

damn i had a switch pre-order ready to go on bestbuy.ca (grey one) but i didnt realize i only clicked continue 2/3 times, so the order didn't go through. bah hum bug :(

wow refreshed and managed to get to checkout but it logged me out of paypal in the last 10 mins apparently and by the time i logged back in it didnt go through :((

Kyolux

Thanks.

Re-ordered the Collector's Zelda guide. (Didn't apply to my old order)

And pre-ordered Saga vol. 7, Snotgirl vol. 1 and ordered Papergirls vol. 2.

damn i had a switch pre-order ready to go on bestbuy.ca (grey one) but i didnt realize i only clicked continue 2/3 times, so the order didn't go through. bah hum bug :(

wow refreshed and managed to get to checkout but it logged me out of paypal in the last 10 mins apparently and by the time i logged back in it didnt go through :((

sent you a pm

JRBechard

I managed to snag a Neon pre-order @ Bestbuy.ca. It was pretty fun and felt like a really low-stakes mission impossible. Happy to have done it cuz the process could be useful for pre-ordering anything else on the site. Here's how if anyone wants to do it:

Step 1: Add to cart
Since it's out of stock you can't add it normally, but if you right click the "add to cart" button and click "inspect" it opens the console, from there you can search (ctrl+F) "btn btn-primary disabled" than just manually change "disabled" to "enabled", close the console and you can add it to your cart.

Step 2: Checkout
From there you have to refresh the page until the Switch is marked as "In stock", this lasts less than 30 seconds so you have to go through the checkout process really quickly, so try to have all you info pre-filled (paypal works better, since the regular checkout makes you write you CVC number each time. You can change the payment method after the transaction easily). When someone cancels a pre-order, it doesn't go back online immediately, it waits until the inventory refreshes which seems to be at random intervals (it's at weird times, mine went through at 6:32) but I got to the Paypal screen like once every hour or two.

Of course clicking checkout all day gets really tedious so I don't recommend doing that, instead I used the "iMacros" extension for Chrome. it's pretty ugly but it works. Record yourself clicking on the Paypal button, stop recording, save the macro, go to the "Play" tab, click on your #Current.iim macro, change your "Max" number to something really high, and press play loop. If you go to the "Manage" tab and then click "Edit Macro" you can modify it so it's more effective. Here's what I wrote:

Code:
VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:ctl00_CP_btnPayPal
WAIT SECONDS=7

I changed it so it doesn't reload the page as a first step cuz it made me go out of the Paypal screen since I wasn't quick enough to stop the loop and I added wait time because going too fast seem to give bad results and I got to the Paypal screen less often.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom