• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a seller, I can tell you that I only ship to the buyer's PayPal address because that's the only way I get any seller protection.

What will probably happen is that the item will get sent to the wrong address and returned to sender at sender's cost. Unless you eat the cost of the return and the cost to re-send it to your correct address, you are SOL as the seller will not do anything for you.
Damn. That sucks. Guess I'll be taking the L on this one, luckily it wasn't too expensive.

Magnus

Some decent deals to be had at HMV with their current closing discounts.

I just nabbed Thrones S6 Bluray for $37 and World of Warcraft: Chronicle (the hardcover) for $32. Both have much higher list prices.

DVCY201

Some decent deals to be had at HMV with their current closing discounts.

I just nabbed Thrones S6 Bluray for $37 and World of Warcraft: Chronicle (the hardcover) for $32. Both have much higher list prices.

Have they upped the discount? Think it was only up to 30%

AtlasJQ

Neo Member
Quoting myself:

If you have any tips for me regarding settings, feel free to PM me.

Also, one thing that annoyed me was that it insisted that I add a cable service to my HDMI 1. Put a random one, but it's my PS4 connected there.

Also, is there a place for firmware updates or things like that? Are there firmware updates for TV? (This is my first smart tv).

Nice. I took my settings from rtings.com (look up your tv) there. Firmware comes via the wifi connection, mine has gotten one so far. The HDMI cable setup can be skipped - if you just click right through it you'll eventually have no cable setup I believe. Thus far it is a beautiful thing! Get the Samsung Smart View program for your PC/mac so you can properly cast movies/shows from your computer to the TV as well (or to your PS4 if you use it as a media device).

bryt

I'm just waiting for the Switch release date so I can return my games to EB lol. $250+ worth of in-store credit... hopefully I don't run into any problems.

Qwyjibo

Keeping in mind that it's important to have a credit card that doesn't also charge like 3% on top of your purchases. This is why I love my amazon.ca visa, it's just a straight conversion.
It's such a basic but excellent card. It has been my primary card for a couple years now.

Darkfire64

Neo Member
I just cancelled my Amazon Switch pre-order...

Last week I started working on my Wii U backlog (starting with Bayonetta 2 and Wind Waker), and it suddenly hit me how great of a system it is. I realize I'm totally cool with playing Breath of the Wild on this machine. My vision was clouded by hype! Lol

I'll probably pick up a Switch for Odyssey.

IceIpor

at 699 the 1800x is actually 50 more there than it should be with the converion
That's true. However, I expected it from Canadian retailers.
They are in cahoots with overcharging us compared to the Americans, I swear!

1700X also available for preorder. It's only $5 more than US exchange rate.

Gxgear

omg I wish I knew this before I bought FF14 & Heavensward from Squenix store today x_x

Way cheaper importing from say, AmiAmi.

Would be a better deal at AmiAmi. If you use SAL shipping, shouldn't cost more than ~$55 or $60 all in

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...racer+nendoroid$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Expensive. It's way cheaper on AmiAmi. 3910 + 680 (Unregistered SAL) = $53 at the current rate

Gotcha. Thanks guys.

Would Play-Asia be another option? $39.99 USD and there's free ship + $5 code.

kevin1025

Banned
any deals on the slim PS4?...Horizon hype is getting to me

Looking around, I'm not seeing any current deals, but the Uncharted 4 slim bundle is $349.99 when it's usually $379.99 at both Best Buy and Wal-Mart. It's not showing as a sale, though, oddly enough.

Porkepik

Looking around, I'm not seeing any current deals, but the Uncharted 4 slim bundle is $349.99 when it's usually $379.99 at both Best Buy and Wal-Mart. It's not showing as a sale, though, oddly enough.

Uncharted bundle at 300$ this weekend at shopper drug mart, pretty good deal if you have or need points

First time I'm seeing it but rime had it's amazon page updated and the box art looks slick as fuck.

C5O60iMVcAAphIg.jpg

Cru Jones

What is with the Witcher 3 expansion pricing?

Expansion pass (includes blood & wine and hearts of stone) - $33.49 on sale for $20.09

Blood and wine $19.99 on sale for $11.99

Hearts of stone $9.99 on sale for $5.99

Who would ever buy the expansion pass? You pay more for the convenience of one transaction it seems lol

kevin1025

Banned
What is with the Witcher 3 expansion pricing?

Expansion pass (includes blood & wine and hearts of stone) - $33.49 on sale for $20.09

Blood and wine $19.99 on sale for $11.99

Hearts of stone $9.99 on sale for $5.99

Who would ever buy the expansion pass? You pay more for the convenience of one transaction it seems lol

Something is off about that expansion pass price, wow. It was $24.99 for the longest time, and still is on Steam. Did they possibly do that price increase during sale trick? Or did they jack the price up on Canada, but only on PSN?

khaaan

Non-gaming shipping question.

I ordered two items off of Amazon on Monday and paid for priority shipping (highest tier) under the assumption it would safely arrive for Wednesday night/Thursday Morning. One item was delivered Tuesday afternoon but the other is showing it's not going to arrive until Friday. Do I have anything to complain about? I know priority shipping only says average 1-2 business days but it would be helpful if the item arrived sooner.

Non-gaming shipping question.

I ordered two items off of Amazon on Monday and paid for priority shipping (highest tier) under the assumption it would safely arrive for Wednesday night/Thursday Morning. One item was delivered Tuesday afternoon but the other is showing it's not going to arrive until Friday. Do I have anything to complain about? I know priority shipping only says average 1-2 business days but it would be helpful if the item arrived sooner.

Look at your order or shipment email for the Friday item. If it says "guaranteed" delivery date in it for Wednesday/Thursday, you can definitely contact them for the shipping charge refunded, and maybe a $5 credit too if you're lucky. If it just says "estimated", then your mileage may vary.

Also see: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/custo...e=UTF8&nodeId=201515290&qid=1487763509&sr=1-1

khaaan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom