• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickBoy

Question for Wii U owners:

I have a digital copy of Donkey Kong TF. If I delete it, can I keep the save game for use with a disc copy?

Can't say regarding Donkey Kong, but I did get a digital copy of NSMBU (Club Nintendo, maybe?) that worked just fine with my disc-version's save.

I should probably pre-order a game for my Switch lol

Ugh @ spending full price for Zelda, at least I have more than enough EB credit from trade-ins to cover it

AtlasJQ

Neo Member
I managed to snag a Neon pre-order @ Bestbuy.ca. It was pretty fun and felt like a really low-stakes mission impossible. Happy to have done it cuz the process could be useful for pre-ordering anything else on the site. Here's how if anyone wants to do it:

Step 1: Add to cart
Since it's out of stock you can't add it normally, but if you right click the "add to cart" button and click "inspect" it opens the console, from there you can search (ctrl+F) "btn btn-primary disabled" than just manually change "disabled" to "enabled", close the console and you can add it to your cart.

Step 2: Checkout
From there you have to refresh the page until the Switch is marked as "In stock", this lasts less than 30 seconds so you have to go through the checkout process really quickly, so try to have all you info pre-filled (paypal works better, since the regular checkout makes you write you CVC number each time. You can change the payment method after the transaction easily). When someone cancels a pre-order, it doesn't go back online immediately, it waits until the inventory refreshes which seems to be at random intervals (it's at weird times, mine went through at 6:32) but I got to the Paypal screen like once every hour or two.

Of course clicking checkout all day gets really tedious so I don't recommend doing that, instead I used the "iMacros" extension for Chrome. it's pretty ugly but it works. Record yourself clicking on the Paypal button, stop recording, save the macro, go to the "Play" tab, click on your #Current.iim macro, change your "Max" number to something really high, and press play loop. If you go to the "Manage" tab and then click "Edit Macro" you can modify it so it's more effective. Here's what I wrote:

Code:
VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:ctl00_CP_btnPayPal
WAIT SECONDS=7

I changed it so it doesn't reload the page as a first step cuz it made me go out of the Paypal screen since I wasn't quick enough to stop the loop and I added wait time because going too fast seem to give bad results and I got to the Paypal screen less often.

Have fun!

o_O you are doing the Lord's work here. Quality post.

Sealtest

Amazon just f'n canceled my master edition because of lack of stock 8 days after I paid for prime so I could save money on it.

1337Sauce

Any reasons or guesses as to why Super Bomberman R is not available on Amazon.ca? I'm trying to trim down some of my Switch order and was thinking about cancelling it as I will only have time to play Zelda at launch, but I don't want to cancel it if I will be unable to pick it up two or so weeks later.

It should be pretty readily available right?

killroy87

fuck that, better contact their customer service asap.

Yeah, see how that goes. Maybe you'll get a $5 credit

Any reasons or guesses as to why Super Bomberman R is not available on Amazon.ca? I'm trying to trim down some of my Switch order and was thinking about cancelling it as I will only have time to play Zelda at launch, but I don't want to cancel it if I will be unable to pick it up two or so weeks later.

It should be pretty readily available right?
I have it preordered at Amazon

Sealtest

I ended up getting a $30 gift card. Better then nothing I guess and used it to buy some rare Japanese TCG Sleeves I wanted.

Am I missing something with amazon.ca's video service? Why are they showing me ads for Goliath that say "stream all episodes", but when I click on the ad and access the video side, I don't see Goliath anywhere?

Is this show even out?

DVCY201

This makes me wildly paranoid about my order, I 've never done a paypal payment more than $200 and I'm worried about them flagging it as suspicious.

You might want to call your credit card company then, let them know any charges above $200 for the month of May aren't fraudulent

Mine got canceled too after I updated my credit card info and everything. Luckily I snagged another one but we'll see if it actually works out.

Same thing happened to me, I had to change my card because my old one got stolen. Well, I hope you enjoy your switch on launch day!

This makes me wildly paranoid about my order, I 've never done a paypal payment more than $200 and I'm worried about them flagging it as suspicious.

You shouldn't worry, I had to change my card over the phone, so that may have messed up the order. Anyway, fuck BestBuy.

terrible

Banned
Am I missing something with amazon.ca's video service? Why are they showing me ads for Goliath that say "stream all episodes", but when I click on the ad and access the video side, I don't see Goliath anywhere?

Is this show even out?

I searched for it on primevideo.com and it played fine for me. I'm not sure what's going on on your side.

UberTag

Can't you alert Paypal in advance to alert them to the validity of the transaction and ensure it doesn't get flagged? I had a large transaction flagged by Paypal before but that was a straight one-to-one transfer of funds to another individual whom I'd never sent funds to before (in that instance, it was my landlord as I was stuck overseas). Not sure if they'd do the same thing with a commercial retailer... especially one you've made purchases with before.

Incidentally, it just dawned on me that the Switch is going to have a bunch of components to be mindful of independent battery charges for. The system itself. The two Joy-Cons independently. The Pro controller. So many things to keep tabs on when typically with a handheld you're just worried about the system itself having energy.

Can't you alert Paypal in advance to alert them to the validity of the transaction and ensure it doesn't get flagged? I had a large transaction flagged by Paypal before but that was a straight one-to-one transfer of funds to another individual whom I'd never sent funds to before (in that instance, it was my landlord as I was stuck overseas). Not sure if they'd do the same thing with a commercial retailer... especially one you've made purchases with before.

Incidentally, it just dawned on me that the Switch is going to have a bunch of components to be mindful of independent battery charges for. The system itself. The two Joy-Cons independently. The Pro controller. So many things to keep tabs on when typically with a handheld you're just worried about the system itself having energy.
i wonder how the joycons will work when connected to the switch, will it still use its own battery, or will it start drawing power from the switch

I have Zelda coming for Wii U for 40 bucks and don't care about any other Switch game but am still somehow searching for a way to get a Switch on launch. Feels weird to be this unexcited for a new Nintendo console and yet still feel like I have to buy it Day 1.

Anyway, thanks for the Best Buy tip.

KarmaCow

Those of you who went the BestBuy preorder route; are you confident you're getting your Switch delivered to you on launch day?

I didn't preorder a Switch but I trust Bestbuy to make a Friday release date more than Amazon. In my experience they've been pretty good about actually shipping it beforehand so it makes it on time, even if the shipping info only pops up the night before.

i-Jest

Amazon just f'n canceled my master edition because of lack of stock 8 days after I paid for prime so I could save money on it.

There's a thread about this. Alot of pissed people. Ninendo's artificial supply shortages and Amazon's lack of oversite with these orders leads to a very angry customer base. We'll be reading about this for the next few days. People who orders within minutes on orders going live gott cancellations. I think some who orers later got lucky though (for now).

Wasn't the Master Edition suppose to be very limited anyway?

zroid

Banned
i wonder how the joycons will work when connected to the switch, will it still use its own battery, or will it start drawing power from the switch

My guess is the joycons won't charge themselves unless the system is docked/plugged in

wouldn't make much sense for a 20hr battery life device to drain energy from a 3-5 hr device

Moltenix

I was so sure I would be satisfied with my $45 Wii U BotW but all this hype from Switch previews this morning is starting to get to me. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom