• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days with the Switch and so far my biggest issues are things we already know about. The Joycons are cool but I have big hands and while not uncomfortable, I would rather have a regular sized controller to play games with.

Second biggest issue? The launch library is weak, Zelda aside (which is stellar so far) I can't see why you would need to purchase this on day one. The weak library at launch is one of the worst in memory (correct me if I'm wrong here)

I haven't had the disconnect issue since I reported it but I haven't used the Joycons themselves more than twice after that.

just having zelda at launch makes it better than ps4/xbone, wiiu, 360 and ps3

sh1fty

Yeah my horizon has march 9 to 15th as delivery date and my zelda wii u has not a date anymore 🙁 Hoping I get it before april. I should say that it was from my e3 2015 order and was not a prime member at that time.
However since being prime I got my orders a day late at most and some on release day even living on Montreal south shore. I m getting to know well my intelcom guy 😂

I was in a similar situation where I pre-ordered Persona 5 and Mass Effect during E3 2016, before I signed up for Prime.

While they wouldn't stack discounts (20% off E3 deal + 20% off Prime discount) they DID however update the shipping to be free same day.

Try asking a customer service rep!

jokkir

EB emailed me back of the 2017-MAR-31 release date they had on the order page

Thank you for contacting EBGAMES.ca !

The Nintendo Switch will be released this Friday (March 3rd), and your item will ship the day before to ensure fastest delivery possible. Please be advised we cannot guarantee that your order will arrive the day of release.

If it's the day before there's definitely a chance I'm getting it on Thursday because Toronto.

Well, I hope it's Thursday lol

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

If it's the day before there's definitely a chance I'm getting it on Thursday because Toronto.

Based on my experience if they ship it Thursday you'll get it on Friday rather than the day they actually shipped.

Friend made a mistake. They have 70 pre orders covered, not 70 extra. Mentioned around 5 for walk ins.

On that note, if this is anyone's first console preordered and lining up for, 70 people x 3 minutes per transaction = 210 minutes / 2 cashiers = 105 minutes waiting if at the back of the line.

So either go early for midnight launch, or go the next day, if you don't want to wait.

(Not happy memories of the DS Lite launch...and recent NES classic where it took 30 mins to cash out 6 people)

Thanks! Was wondering why my pre-ordered controller said the same thing.

Said eff it and canceled my Breath of the Wild SE on Amazon, so look out for it.

Not worth the risk of getting a switch with no Zelda on Friday.

Bluenoser

So correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that it is literally impossible to get a launch day copy of Zelda from Amazon. I pre-ordered it weeks ago, and even after they changed the shipping to priority shipping, the estimated delivery date is "Tuesday, March 7, 2017 - Wednesday, March 8, 2017 by 8:00pm"

This is with a Prime membership. I only ordered there for the discount, but I'm confused as hell as to why this game wouldn't qualify for release day delivery. Lucky I have Horizon to play while I wait, but this still sucks. You are forced to either wait for a cheaper copy, or pay full price at local retail to get it day 1. Prime is there so you don't have to make that decision (or so I thought).

This might be the most expensive I have seen but the price on some of these deluxe editions has been ridiculous for some time now. Do people have space for all these statues?

I like to buy the odd Funko now and then, lots of people in this thread are fanatic about Amiibos but those are all pretty cheap, these super deluxe ultra collectors edition bonanza bundles aren't cheap and seemingly every game is getting one for some reason

So correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that it is literally impossible to get a launch day copy of Zelda from Amazon. I pre-ordered it weeks ago, and even after they changed the shipping to priority shipping, the estimated delivery date is "Tuesday, March 7, 2017 - Wednesday, March 8, 2017 by 8:00pm"

This is with a Prime membership. I only ordered there for the discount, but I'm confused as hell as to why this game wouldn't qualify for release day delivery. Lucky I have Horizon to play while I wait, but this still sucks. You are forced to either wait for a cheaper copy, or pay full price at local retail to get it day 1. Prime is there so you don't have to make that decision (or so I thought).

Which version?

I ordered a WiiU version during E3 and I still don't have a delivery estimate. :(

Xbudz

Best Buy Shipping IDs are on all my switch preorders.
They haven't taken my money yet, cant wait to get the tracking info :)

Velkyn

My wife has Prime and is going to contact customer support about the ship date for Zelda, which she ordered on her account. I'll update in this thread as soon as I know more.

speiky

On that note, if this is anyone's first console preordered and lining up for, 70 people x 3 minutes per transaction = 210 minutes / 2 cashiers = 105 minutes waiting if at the back of the line.

So either go early for midnight launch, or go the next day, if you don't want to wait.

(Not happy memories of the DS Lite launch...and recent NES classic where it took 30 mins to cash out 6 people)
Jesus!!!!

Kyolux

I have a $45 BB Zelda wii u pre-order and I have off to play it this Friday (and Monday) to play it.

If it doesn't look like BB will deliver (they could be too busy with Switch and stuff or I don't know to post my wii u copy in time). I'll just go and do the good ol' buy in store and get refund in store when I receive mailed in copy.

I assume it's going to be safe to go in store after they've run out of Switch consoles.

zroid

Banned
I think the last time I lined up for a console launch was the 3DS at Best Buy Markville

It was hilarious because there were like 15 people waiting at the front entrance, but the store associates were completely oblivious. What happened was they opened the mall entrance before the front entrance so by the time we were let in there were already a bunch of people milling about the store. :lol

And once they opened our doors people just burst in and scattered. I was 2nd in line but because I didn't want to run I ended up near the back of the line inside the store. -_-

didn't matter a whole lot ultimately

Bluenoser

Which version?

I ordered a WiiU version during E3 and I still don't have a delivery estimate. :(

Switch.

My wife has Prime and is going to contact customer support about the ship date for Zelda, which she ordered on her account. I'll update in this thread as soon as I know more.

Good luck to her. I've contacted them 3 times with no resolution. She may want to go directly to a manager/supervisor.

It appears to me that some games simply don't qualify for prime shipping, which includes release day delivery. No idea why, or how they decide which games, but I got Horizon today (a day before release) so it's clearly not my postal code, as some of the geniuses there are claiming.

It appears to me that some games simply don't qualify for prime shipping, which includes release day delivery. No idea why, or how they decide which games, but I got Horizon today (a day before release) so it's clearly not my postal code, as some of the geniuses there are claiming.

For now, I'm thinking (assuming? hoping? praying?) that the wacky delivery dates for all Switch-related items don't mean much. Everything I've ordered for Switch (the system, 1-2 Switch, Zelda, Hori products, etc.) have delivery dates ranging from March 7 to March 10. I'm hoping that by Wednesday, things will start to change.

In general, I find Amazon.ca's delivery estimates to be all over the map. There are plenty of times I order something, it gives me a fixed date, and then the thing arrives earlier by numerous days. I'm not entirely banking on release-day delivery, but I doubt we'll be waiting a full week.

STAHP!

Amazon CSRs don't know much of anything when it comes to shipping logistics. They just say whatever shit they think they know.

My advice to all of you is to sit back, enjoy your week, and stop sweating about whether your Switch/Zelda is going to ship in time to get in Friday.

You could spend no time at all contacting Amazon about it this week, or 15 hours over four days doing it. It's not going to change whether it ships or not Thursday evening.

For real. You're stressing yourselves out way too much. I'm excited for Zelda too, but worrying about it for four days straight isn't going to change the odds of me getting it on Friday.

I can't believe it's almost Switchmas!!!

Horizon comes out tonight but all I can think about is wrecking my family in Bomberman and playing Zelda in bed lol

tiijj

My advice to all of you is to sit back, enjoy your week, and stop sweating about whether your Switch/Zelda is going to ship in time to get in Friday.

You could spend no time at all contacting Amazon about it this week, or 15 hours over four days doing it. It's not going to change whether it ships or not Thursday evening.

For real. You're stressing yourselves out way too much. I'm excited for Zelda too, but worrying about it for four days straight isn't going to change the odds of me getting it on Friday.

It's like pressing the elevator button or the crossing signal button numerous times. lol

Velkyn

Switch.

Good luck to her. I've contacted them 3 times with no resolution. She may want to go directly to a manager/supervisor.

That's basically Amazon Canada in a nutshell.

Kyolux

I'm in no hurry because horizon and zelda.. but anyone has any movement on their Torment Tides amazon order? Mine says it'll ship on Friday.

I can't believe it's almost Switchmas!!!

Horizon comes out tonight but all I can think about is wrecking my family in Bomberman and playing Zelda in bed lol

Oh I'll be playing Zelda in bed too!
On my Wii U gamepad!

In about 48 hours Amazon should start sending out Switch units and Zeldas to locations that are furthest from their warehouse. If we don't see anything by Wednesday evening it's possible they aren't shipping for launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom