• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeman

In about 48 hours Amazon should start sending out Switch units and Zeldas to locations that are furthest from their warehouse. If we don't see anything by Wednesday evening it's possible they aren't shipping for launch.

Yup, this is exactly right.

The CSR's don't have any more clue what is going on than we do.

i-Jest

My advice to all of you is to sit back, enjoy your week, and stop sweating about whether your Switch/Zelda is going to ship in time to get in Friday.

You could spend no time at all contacting Amazon about it this week, or 15 hours over four days doing it. It's not going to change whether it ships or not Thursday evening.

For real. You're stressing yourselves out way too much. I'm excited for Zelda too, but worrying about it for four days straight isn't going to change the odds of me getting it on Friday.

Exactly, many of us here have shopped with Amazon. We all have experience with their late shipping. Three years of E3 order promotions should tell you that your not getting your stuff on release, unless you live close to the shipping depot or live somewhere densely populated like downtown Toronto. That's not always a garantee either and being a PRIME member seems to be hit and miss in regards to ontime shipping. You shop with Amazon, you should be aware of the very real possibility of not getting things on release. You guys gotta chill on this shipping talk for a bit. Go eat delicious food to take your minds off it. Stressing won't hurry the process along. Life is to short for that.

Ryde3

glad I have a Best Buy and an Amazon pre-order for the Switch, I'm anticipating Best Buy to get it to me on time (maybe early!?)

Amazon CSR did guarantee I'd get it on launch day, but I'm not counting on that to happen.

Either way, I'm HYPE.

Davide

Wow Amazon is slow, March 7-9 for Horizon if I order it express shipping now and there's no date for Zelda. Does Best Buy have any pre-order discounts?

centracore

I have two pre-orders; one online from Best Buy and one in-store at EB Games. There was no way I was leaving whether or not I'd be playing Zelda: BotW this weekend to chance.

killroy87

I'll be pretty annoyed if BB doesn't get me my Switch on Friday. I won't be livid, since I'll have Horizon to play, but my intention is certainly for it to be Switch weekend.

essenn

Amazon have always delivered on release day for me
I'll keep my expectations in check for this though

Luckily I have another pre-order at EB (with Zelda), and the Amazon ones are for my cousin. Will only be missing out on Bomberman

zroid

Banned
I'm not sure which would annoy me more:

If I receive my Zelda SE (Amazon) on time but Switch (Best Buy) late

or Switch on time and Zelda late

DamnBoxes

Wouldn't it be great that friday morning I can walk into walmart & buy a switch.

And then sell it here, for Quebec cost.

Wouldn't it be?

Go pre-order one at your local microplay.

Oh, I'm good. No Launch consoles for me, ever.

giphy.gif

Amazon customer service is random and terrible.

I asked them about my Switch pre order during 3 different chats, and I got a different response each time.

firelogic

Wow Amazon is slow, March 7-9 for Horizon if I order it express shipping now and there's no date for Zelda. Does Best Buy have any pre-order discounts?

Whenever I've picked free standard shipping, I've gotten the game on release day. I signed up for a Prime trial and changed the shipping speed for Horizon to priority (only one the CSR could give me) and it's not set to be delivered until March 6 or 7. Weird.

mdubs

Banned
My Zelda is showing March 8-10 and my Switch at Best Buy is showing arriving as soon as March 31st, but I'm going to predict they will both get here for Friday

Amazon customer service is random and terrible.

I asked them about my Switch pre order during 3 different chats, and I got a different response each time.

It's sort of a known fact that Amazon CS know absolutely nothing about your preorder and when it will get to you

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yeah definitely. I doubt Amazon CSRs have access to any information you don't.

The importance of receiving a video game on release day must be a foreign concept to a lot of them too.

"How was work honey?"

"The usual, kids complaining they arent getting their damn Nintendo day 1"

Vinc

Yeah definitely. I doubt Amazon CSRs have access to any information you don't.

The importance of receiving a video game on release day must be a foreign concept to a lot of them too.

"How was work honey?"

"The usual, kids complaining they arent getting their damn Nintendo day 1"

Haha, for sure. I did get one CSR one time that seemed to get it. He just started talking to me about how crazy the year was for games, and how excited he was for The Last Guardian.

Dcube

My Amazon switch order says March 8-10. My Zelda special edition was ordered, then I got an email saying March 8-10, but now it says delivery date pending... getting a feeling I won't be playing any Zelda this weekend ugh. Ah well, waited this long, what's another week :(

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Haha, for sure. I did get one CSR one time that seemed to get it. He just started talking to me about how crazy the year was for games, and how excited he was for The Last Guardian.

TLG recognition? Somebody give that CSR a promotion.

In other news, RFD reporting that double tradein promo towards Nintendo stuff is back today or tomrw, no source tho.

If true Ill dump FFXV towards Zelda U

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My BestBuy order has a shipping ID but still only says "delivered as early as February 28th" for Horizon....... what does that mean? I live in Vancouver so realistically they could update shipping status later today and it'd still get here tmrw from the warehouse but meh. If it's not here tmrw I'll drive to the BestBuy and pick it up and give back the delivery order but I was hoping to avoid having to do that.

Lexxism

My BestBuy order has a shipping ID but still only says "delivered as early as February 28th" for Horizon....... what does that mean? I live in Vancouver so realistically they could update shipping status later today and it'd still get here tmrw from the warehouse but meh. If it's not here tmrw I'll drive to the BestBuy and pick it up and give back the delivery order but I was hoping to avoid having to do that.
It will be ship later tonight.

Jinto

I planned on cancelling Horizon today, since I won't be able to play it for a long time. It's been showing a delivery date between March 8-10 on Amazon for awhile, but it's also being shipped today. The one time they ship a game before the release date is the one time I wanted to cancel. lol

Anyway, at least it means the delivery dates on Amazon don't necessarily mean you guys won't be getting your Switch stuff on time.

I'm starting to get really glad I opted for BB to get my system. But I'm also coming to terms with I'm very very likely going to have to pull the old switcheroo if Amazon doesn't ship zelda by wednesday

KraytarJ

My Switch & Zelda have been showing March 8-10 since I ordered them. Usually those late delivery estimates get updated to release day but after having to wait a week for FFXV for whatever reason I'm a little nervous this time around.

SickBoy

A quick PSA to people who preordered their Switches EB Games and are likely to be asked to partake in their protection plan: Don't*.

Conventional wisdom is that over the course of your electronics' lifespan, saying no to add-on warranties is probably the way to go... take that for what it's worth, but I'm suggesting something different... I don't know if I've seen a worse product replacement plan anywhere. Here are the full terms: https://www.ebgames.ca/Help/Index?section=HelpCenter/ProductReplacementPlan

...and here are the key highlights:

• Replacement plan is 12 months from date of purchase (meaning it doesn't extend your existing warranty.)
• Does not cover accidental or any sort of physical damage (only "electronic breakdown")
• Replacement plan gives you "a one time refurbished replacement of the hardware"

...so to the best of my knowledge, the EB guarantee doesn't really cover anything a standard warranty won't cover, except maybe ruined controllers (i.e: your control stick stops functioning properly... something like a widespread left joycon issue would presumably be covered by Nintendo). The benefit, I guess, is you get a replacement right away — if one is available. But even then, it's a refurb (and an EB refurb, at that... so depends on how much you trust their refurbishment process).

I don't recall it always being this bad. I remember buying coverage for my Dreamcast back in the day, and returned it for a minor issue — getting a new system in exchange. (In the end, I don't know if it was worth it, because the new drive was much louder than my original.)... but even then I'm not sure whether it actually extended the first-year warranty or not.

* IMO

Also, in the latest of shipping age, I think my Switch case will come late. I was hoping that Intelcom weirdness might bring my copy of Horizon today, but that appears unlikely at this juncture.

I'm thinking of cancelling my BB Switch order as I can get a discount at Walmart, but I'm worried that I'll end up missing out. I hope they get alot of systems, but I doubt it.

The worst thing about Amazon is definitely their shipping. I'd always get my Best Buy pre-orders on launch day. Still, as long as Best Buy keeps dropping the ball with their E3 pre-orders...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom