• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokkir

Here's the 3DS

e2rZpTT.jpg

fin

Pulled the trigger on Quantum Break, Xcom 2 and Recore. Now I just have to finish Doom, Witcher 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider... :p

keakster

Anyone in Toronto able to hook up a black 3DS, working until 5 and watching stock disappear at all local WalMarts making me anxious I won't get one.

Can pickup tonight ...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Dishonored 2 + Dishonored DE for $50 is tempting.

Dot-N-Run

Is there really no deals on WoW: Legion yet?

It at a decent price is the only thing I am looking to pick up this year, seeing games advertised as $30 off and still being $50 kind of stings.

leeman

Given up on the stupid N3DS.

Why can't you just buy it online? I'm done.
You know what? I got enough shit to play.

It hasn't gone up anywhere online yet (save for a 5 minute accident the other day). It had good stock in the US, so I expect online stock will last at least a little while.

Madness

Was looking at the Visions flyer. There is some Sega Genesis 80 game thing with 2 wireless controllers and actual cartridge support if you have it. Anyone ever used one or heard about it? The NES classic Mini hype has sort of peaked my interest.

Was looking at the Visions flyer. There is dome Sega Genesis 80 game thing with 2 wireless controllers and actual cartridge support if you have it. Anyone ever used one or heard about it? The NES classic Mini hype has sort of peaked my interest.

I have heard sound emulation is particularly bad but I still find myself tempted. Especially with controller support.

If I end up buying a refurbed macbook pro 2015 model, where can I buy a 256 GB storage (some kind of SDD) to upgrade it manually?

Do those go on sale for Black Friday? I am unsure what to look for when it comes to the SDD. Or is a flash storage USB better than opening up the Macbook? Would it be a hassle to permanently leave a USB or even SD card in Macbook at all times (SD Card is probably preferred, but do they go up to an additional 128 GB and are they fast?)

Kyolux

I have hear sound emulation is particularly bad but I still find myself tempted. Especially with controller support.

Yeah, I heard it's really bad. And if I remember right, most of the "80" games are not actual genesis titles? A retron console is probably the better option.

killroy87

Fuck, I hate PSN. I am just straight up incapable of purchasing anything on that site anymore, every time I try to process payment I get an error. That's through Paypal, Visa, and Mastercard. Now my only option is buying PSN cards all the time, which is a major pain in the ass.

It's suuuuuper frustrating.

kennah

If I end up buying a refurbed macbook pro 2015 model, where can I buy a 256 GB storage (some kind of SDD) to upgrade it manually?

Do those go on sale for Black Friday? I am unsure what to look for when it comes to the SDD

Apple uses specialized firmware in their hard drives. Consumer drives won't work.
There is literally one option. OWC out of the states. And the only have a 480 gig and 960 gig option. And they are very very expensive.

Other option is to buy a used retina on Kijiji, swap the drives, and resell the lesser model :p

Dazzler

what's the process if Canada Post says they've delivered something in their online tracking, but clearly haven't?

I get my amazon stuff shipped to my office, so there's always somebody here

what's the process if Canada Post says they've delivered something in their online tracking, but clearly haven't?

Call them? Though it's happened to me before. It said delivered, showed up the following day. I would wait and then call if you want.

terrible

Banned

Sometimes they set it as delivered as they're putting it on the truck. Wait and see if it shows up later today.

BadWolf

Fuck, I hate PSN. I am just straight up incapable of purchasing anything on that site anymore, every time I try to process payment I get an error. That's through Paypal, Visa, and Mastercard. Now my only option is buying PSN cards all the time, which is a major pain in the ass.

It's suuuuuper frustrating.

Yeah, this started happening to me at the start of the year as well and hasn't stopped since.

On the plus side we get to save lots of money this way :p

Moltenix

Kinda wish I just waited for the cheaper Slim this weekend instead of getting the Pro via trade-in. Mostly just gonna play exclusives and don't really care for the extra power nor do I have a 4K TV. Maybe i'll feel better once we get better Pro enhanced games but right now, the extra pocket money and Uncharted 4 would be nice.

And no, you're not gonna bait me into buying a 4K TV!

Apple uses specialized firmware in their hard drives. Consumer drives won't work.
There is literally one option. OWC out of the states. And the only have a 480 gig and 960 gig option. And they are very very expensive.

Other option is to buy a used retina on Kijiji, swap the drives, and resell the lesser model :p

Would a USB flash drive really work effectively? I dont like the idea of a USB sticking out of my Mac forever, but I could ideally store all my pics and videos on there, of which I dont really have many, and store it in a drawer instead.

I am trying to compromise if a 128 GB store would be enough for me, and right now, I have used only 104 GB of my 256 GB, with the ability to lower that by another 50 GB if I move all pics and videos to a flash drive. This is a 6-7 year old Macbook for the record, and I find my space is relatively low.

Tell me Im not being a big idiot for getting a ~$1400 Macbook refurb with half the storage of my current model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom