• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazzler

Just traded in the following at EB Games:

Uncharted 4 $34

COD Infinite Warfare $50

Titanfall 2 $56

Picked up Zelda and Switch Pro Controller and paid just $33 out of pocket

That trade deal is awesome

Am I correct in my understanding of the ongoing EB Games trade-in promo that I can benefit from trading in towards Switch game pre-orders as well as the console?

In other words, I could trade in a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and pretty much have enough credit just from that to put an order down for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? I'm giving some thought towards doing this given the Friday ship dates of a lot of these first-party Nintendo titles.

Yup, you get $80 pre-tax trade in credit. Pretty insane deal.

I have a question, can I change the shipping speed of an order of multiple things on amazon prior to the release of something and upon delivery change it back without any issues or would that screw things up?

a916

Am I correct in my understanding of the ongoing EB Games trade-in promo that I can benefit from trading in towards Switch game pre-orders as well as the console?

In other words, I could trade in a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and pretty much have enough credit just from that to put an order down for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? I'm giving some thought towards doing this given the Friday ship dates of a lot of these first-party Nintendo titles.

Yes. I asked about Mario however and they said it's not in their system.

Fucking hell amazon this week for me an you has been so frustrating, shipped out my copy going to a friend of ghost recon via ups(Mississauga to bc interior), then ships my copy(bundled with nier no less) via canada post TODAY from missisauga to the same town in bc with as best I can tell standard fucking canada post shipping.

Thats why living in Toronto is best.
kidding, sorry to hear that, but at least you can enjoy the outdoors for more than 6 months

With prime I've noticed stuff coming from BC to ON goes by Purolator. I'm guess you're not on prime?

Thats why living in Toronto is best.
kidding, sorry to hear that, but at least you can enjoy the outdoors for more than 6 months

With prime I've noticed stuff coming from BC to ON goes by Purolator. I'm guess you're not on prime?

I am actually which is making this very frustrating. I talked to a rep and they issued me a $30 credit today thought so that was actually pretty cool.

eyesradar

just asked EB that you can't "pre-order" a Switch to take advantage of the $150 WiiU trade-in deal. i.e. They have to have stock to sell you for you to do the trade-in. Basically that means I have to carry my WiiU around in my trunk to get this deal.

Wondering if I can find another neon console before Apr. 2nd.

UberTag

Yes. I asked about Mario however and they said it's not in their system.
Mario Odyssey or Mario Kart 8? I'm content with only trading in towards this first batch of Switch pre-orders. But if MK8 isn't there I'm going to have to rethink this idea.

Mario Odyssey or Mario Kart 8? I'm content with only trading in towards this first batch of Switch pre-orders. But if MK8 isn't there I'm going to have to rethink this idea.

MK8 is there. I preordered MK8, Puyo and Arms on weekend to keep credit there till switch available

CazTGG

Amazon says my Aukey 30K power bank is arriving today (The previous estimate said Thursday at its earliest) but has yet to ship, or so says the order at least...Has anyone ever had this happen?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If I do an order for it on .ca, give a me March 28-April 29 for delivery. If I do on .com(where it is also cheaper) , gives me March 17-28.
Yeah, I ordered from .com on Sunday and it shipped yesterday. There's no tracking info other than arriving between 3/15 and 3/27. This is the first time I'm using a screen protector on any device. I don't even have one (or a case) on my phone and I work construction.

Amazon says my Aukey 30K power bank is arriving today (The previous estimate said Thursday at its earliest) but has yet to ship, or so says the order at least...Has anyone ever had this happen?

Yeah. Someone at the courier company probably forgot to scan it .

Waiting on Zelda CE guide? Best buy in store has a pile of them. Price match with amazon.

(Toronto dundas store, 3DS section bottom shelf in a pile)

Lizardus

Is it me or do these Biogenik screen protectors have no adhesive on either side? I tried to use one but it wouldn't stick and created moisture between the screen and the screen protector. wtf

Also, cheapest shop to buy BotW Season Pass?

Is it me or do these Biogenik screen protectors have no adhesive on either side? I tried to use one but it wouldn't stick and created moisture between the screen and the screen protector. wtf

Also, cheapest shop to buy BotW Season Pass?

? I'm using their protectors and they're fine.

farisr

Just made a ~$50 profit off Ghost Recon. This and the 2 copies of For Honor that I sold for ~$30 profit each really helped offset gaming costs for this quarter. Wouldn't have been able to buy Gravity Rush 2 or Yakuza 0 on launch day without em.

SickBoy

MK8 is there. I preordered MK8, Puyo and Arms on weekend to keep credit there till switch available

I do wish they had more games available for preorder...

I wanted Splatoon but settled for Arms because Splatoon isn't in their system.

I was planning to switch games when Splatoon becomes available for preorder, but I think I'll make a point of trying Arms and then take advantage of the game guarantee that they offer as part of their Edge card so I can try it -- and then return it if I'm not totally in love with it.

Kyolux

Kijiji'd my physical copy of Zelda for $75. Not bad. I ended up paying more than planned.. but at least I could play through the whole week-end.

the Switch Neons went up but are already gone? Me and my buddy tried adding to cart right away and checking out but it says out of stock, but the page still shows stock...

Savitar

Did Amazon split the Grey and Neon Nintendo Switches so one of them would have the more positive ratings instead of the constant two star rating that people had given it for whatever reasons before said split?

I could swear that is the case.

tiijj

Did Amazon split the Grey and Neon Nintendo Switches so one of them would have the more positive ratings instead of the constant two star rating that people had given it for whatever reasons before said split?

I could swear that is the case.

Amazon sometimes do that, they did that with zelda botw se as well. They put in one then after it sells out amazon sometimes remove the entire page. You'll only see an error > We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site. I believe it happened to the switch before it was released as well. You have an old listing/page, they'll just create a new then after a while they'll remove the old one. I dunno why amazon does it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom