• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Where is the best deal for Doom? I'm also interested in Diablo 3 PS4 but I don't think I'll find any deal for that one...

Did we get any bomba deal north of the border for the Xbox one edition of FFXV?

On PS4?.
$25 at EB Games
$26 - 10% on PSN

Madness

Soooo, when do we think Amazon will start shipping FFXV? I'm getting antsy and haven't gotten many games off Amazon yet (was using Futureshop until last year's Amazon e3 deal) that I recall when they actually ship things.

I hope Amazon's estimate is just worst case scenario :'( (December 7-9 lol)

hqdefault.jpg

Amazon is horrendous for shipping now unless you have 1 or 2 day shipping. They purposely held my Gears 4 until I called and got next day ship and magically that same day it shipped and I received it the next morning. Warehouse in BC is near Annacis Island, ships to Richmond Canada Post sort facility and then out for delivery. And yet they purposely wouldn't fulfill my almost 2 year preorder because it was free ship at that time.

Finally bought something: Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY for $8.73 on game.co.uk (Origin key).

Also Civ VI Deluxe is $16 on Gamesrepublic. Site is dying though.

Leeness

hqdefault.jpg

Amazon is horrendous for shipping now unless you have 1 or 2 day shipping. They purposely held my Gears 4 until I called and got next day ship and magically that same day it shipped and I received it the next morning. Warehouse in BC is near Annacis Island, ships to Richmond Canada Post sort facility and then out for delivery. And yet they purposely wouldn't fulfill my almost 2 year preorder because it was free ship at that time.

snow-white-do-not-wanqmb84.gif

Maybe I should bump up the shipping on it from free to the next tier. I mean, I'm only paying $49.99+30% off lol.

sikkinixx

Just as I've been thinking about maybe popping a new video card into my aging PC, maybe getting back into PC games. Nahhh why upgrade to PS4 Pro?

Played Max Payne 3 (of all games) for hours this weekend.

Today? "Max Payne has stopped working. Please wait while we check for a solution". Restart. nothing. Verify game cache. Nothing. Uninstall and reinstall the game. Nothing.

Delete the game for good. Okay then. Turn off the PC. Go back to playing PS4 after poking around for some Pro deals.

*sigh* it's like it's actively trying to annoy me.

iLLmAtlc

Finally bought something: Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY for $8.73 on game.co.uk (Origin key).

Niiice. It's an awesome game if you don't burn yourself out doing the stupid fetch quests. Focus on companion and main quests imo.

trespasser dlc is a fantastic post game dlc too.

This never gets old with the Amazon isn't shipping my stuff :)

Nintendo tend to ship very small quantities of some products to create hype and demand. See Amiibos and their Limited Editions hardware and software. It works all the time. People complain about them over and over again and still line up for the next thing they release.

N3DS are available at Walmart. I live in the middle of nowhere and my store had like 10+ white and black units.

Yeah even the east toronto superstore i went to had a bunch at like 7pm. Easy purchase.

Harusame

Can't decide on a new laptop for the BSN program I'm starting in January,. I was initially going for the Lenovo Yoga 900 that was going for $1310 on the Lenovo site, but it had sold out before I finished coming home from work. My other options are going for the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (either the 4gb ram/128gb/i5 option for $1151 or the 8gb ram/256gb/i5 option for $1399) or the Lenovo X1 Yoga going for $1299.

Any advise or suggestions?

Soooo, when do we think Amazon will start shipping FFXV? I'm getting antsy and haven't gotten many games off Amazon yet (was using Futureshop until last year's Amazon e3 deal) that I recall when they actually ship things.

Mine shipped an hour ago. So should be going today or tomorrow.

kaiyo

Can't decide on a new laptop for the BSN program I'm starting in January,. I was initially going for the Lenovo Yoga 900 that was going for $1310 on the Lenovo site, but it had sold out before I finished coming home from work. My other options are going for the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (either the 4gb ram/128gb/i5 option for $1151 or the 8gb ram/256gb/i5 option for $1399) or the Lenovo X1 Yoga going for $1299.

Any advise or suggestions?

If you rely heavily on the keyboard or using it on your lap, go with the X1 Yoga. If you're using it more like a tablet go with the SP4. Spec wise they are pretty similar.

kaiyo

If you're not prime? Good Luck. Do you have another game in the same preorder, like TLG? if so they will probably ship it together.

kaiyo

Diagol

Out of curiosity, has anyone received a shipped confirmation for FF XV from Best Buy yet?

I pre-ordered FF XV from Future Shop back when the PS4 was announced for $39.99. I still receive emails from Future Shop saying that they are awaiting the release date, but I just want to be sure (as the track your order now re-directs to Best Buy's website and I can't pull up the order anymore).

Leeness

Mine shipped an hour ago. So should be going today or tomorrow.

...😭

If you're not prime? Good Luck. Do you have another game in the same preorder, like TLG? if so they will probably ship it together.

FFXV and TLG are in the same order, but I have it as "ship separately".

Anyway, I bumped it to priority shipping and then maybe I'll try to bump it back down for TLG (even though I want that super badly as well, I'll be playing XV...I can wait for TLG and play during my holidays...).

Reich

What is the best way to play with Xbox Wireless Controller on my PC?

I dont have blutooth on my computer.

Is a wired come with?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Are there any deals for Twilight Princess HD? I want the game but I really don't wanna pay Nintendo's ripoff price for the game(and I don't care about the Amiibo either)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Oh you have to pay to get 20% off?

Would need like a 100 dollar order to make the hassle worth it or?

Its 5.65ish so youd break even after at $50. Spend more than 50 for the savings to kick in.

On that note I noticed that the BF1+TF2 bundle is $75 on the US store. How the hell does $75 US translate to $125 CAD? Go fuck yourself EA/Sony

In a bit of a pickle here, deliberating if I should go ahead and buy Overwatch for nearly $40 on PSN (I have $40 in PS store credit), or wait until MW1 remastered comes along as a standalone game - a game that my friends will likely play over Overwatch as well. But Overwatch is such a breath of fresh air from playing COD all these years, and I've read there are some netcode issues with the two new COD games.

Which would you guys side with? Potential GOTY which no friend will buy but a game you'll still pour hours into, or the possibility of MW1 being a lonesome game in the near future and playing the shit out of it with all of your buddies.

Bronetta

In a bit of a pickle here, deliberating if I should go ahead and buy Overwatch for nearly $40 on PSN (I have $40 in PS store credit), or wait until MW1 remastered comes along as a standalone game - a game that my friends will likely play over Overwatch as well. But Overwatch is such a breath of fresh air from playing COD all these years, and I've read there are some netcode issues with the two new COD games.

Which would you guys side with? Potential GOTY which no friend will buy but a game you'll still pour hours into, or the possibility of MW1 being a lonesome game in the near future and playing the shit out of it with all of your buddies.

Overwatch or bust. Your friends have terrible taste.

Moltenix

Buy Overwatch and get new friends.

NYR

In a bit of a pickle here, deliberating if I should go ahead and buy Overwatch for nearly $40 on PSN (I have $40 in PS store credit), or wait until MW1 remastered comes along as a standalone game - a game that my friends will likely play over Overwatch as well.
This isn't happening. I know people think it will, but it won't for a very simple reason - the remaster is designed to sell units of the NEW game which is where Activision makes their money and moves their stock.

They make a fortune bundling them together, the second they release a stand alone remaster they set a dangerous precedent for future CoD games in that if they are attached for new CoD games, people won't buy them at launch, so Activision actually loses on sales and in the market because it looks like sales are slowing down. Right now, they guarantee to make money on both and if you split them you risk losing revenue on the remaster or the new game.

Waterdrop

I dono what to do anymore, everytime I wanna go with the b6 oled for 2650 (ALL IN), I keep thinking I can get 10 more inches for the same price with ks8000 or ks8500.

55 or 65 battle over and over and over

Question: How much are Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow on 3DS eShop for Black Friday? Also, does Nintendo take PayPal?

I also wanted to say how sad it was to see that two Walmarts were still selling Day One editions of Sunset Overdrive today. That game was great --- I wish it sold better.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I wonder if my copy of FFXV that I placed with Futureshop for $39.99 will actually ship.

heh

I think as long as the credit card that you used to order it is still valid, it should go through. I called Best Buy last month to change my cc on that order and they still had it in their records.

NYR

I dono what to do anymore, everytime I wanna go with the b6 oled for 2650 (ALL IN), I keep thinking I can get 10 more inches for the same price with ks8000 or ks8500.

55 or 65 battle over and over and over
Go for a 65 inch B6. You will be happy for sure. It isn't that much more if you think about the fact it is something you'll use every day for years.

Takuan

The UCE is in toronto
snap20161124211026kujqt.jpg

Is this Canada Post's site? I can't see anything except that my UCE's were shipped on the Squenix store. I didn't get any notices, either.

Edit: NM, I did. Stupid thing's still in MIA, FL. Not getting it this week.

Maybe I should've gotten white since my XL is black. But ah well. They're likely sold out now, and I wanted black going in.

I just hope there's no dead pixel, because I doubt Walmart would be able to do an exchange.

I went through several original 3DS models because of dead and stuck pixels. Thankfully, my N3DSXL is fine.

Bronetta

Maybe I should've gotten white since my XL is black. But ah well. They're likely sold out now, and I wanted black going in.

I just hope there's no dead pixel, because I doubt Walmart would be able to do an exchange.

I went through several original 3DS models because of dead and stuck pixels. Thankfully, my N3DSXL is fine.

Sounds like you have bad luck. I went through a 3DS, 3DSXL and new3dsXL over the years and never got a dead pixel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom