• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
PSN Flash Sale is a joke (unless you're digital only).

I think I got everything in the video game realm online before Friday (gears of war 4, external hdd for xbox one, BF1 and CoD Legacy [deciding which of the two I want to keep]).

If its a joke show me where I can buy the following titles cheaper:

Titanfall 2
Battlefield 1
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Batman Arkham Knight
Assassins Creed Syndicate
Batman The TellTale Game
Overwatch Origins Edition
Street Fighter V
Guilty Gear Revelator
Far Cry Primal
Rainbow Six Siege
GTAV
Witcher 3 Complete Edition
Star Wars Battlefront

RS4-

At least 55" and can go as big as 70"

Tilting, unless you absolutely need to re-position the telly or continually plug stuff in and out. But if there isn't a huge price difference and the quality is about the same, then get the full motion I guess. Just be wary that depending on the screw position and how the tilting mount is, it could get very very annoying if the inputs are on the lower part of the back and you don't have enough tilting range to get to the inputs (or there's too much weight, or not enough room, or both to do it alone.

Qwyjibo

This week has been murder on my wallet due to my blu-ray collecting. Amazon, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble in the States... ugh. Oh well. Buy now, think later!

LoneWolf780

Neo Member
My friend just went to EB Games to pick up Skyrim in store, they would not sell it to him for $35 in the store until tomorrow even though the website is selling it now for that price. Just a heads up in case some people were going to pick it up tonight.

kswiston

Not from Ontario, but moved to Edmonton from Halifax. Rent ranges in the $1200-$1800 range, depending on area and space. There are some really nice places in the north end for decent prices. South is more expensive. Food, etc. Seems similarly priced to east coast.

I'm here at the moment - moved a couple of years back from Victoria because the cost of living there was nuts (and the job market garbage...though joke's on me now!).

Rental prices are down a little bit, I believe, although I haven't looked too recently. I know that there are way more rentals available at the moment, just in terms of what I pass by.

Less sales tax is nice. Utilities are higher than BC (don't know about Ontario) though there are so many companies out there it's a bit annoying trying to nail down where to buy your gas/electricity from. Meat will be more expensive than Ontario, but I haven't found food to be as expensive as others make it out to be.

Weather sucks but that's to be expected. Everything outside of the river valley is kind of ugly. People are terrible drivers.

Haven't lived there in forever so a local could speak more, but

Sales Tax: 7% instead of 13%
Income Tax: There's more tiers. You pay more on the first 80 grand than Ontario, but less thereafter.
Weather: You're gonna lose on this one, no question
Rent is obviously going to be lower than GTA but dunno about Windsor or London, Ont

A bit of google-fu suggests Edmonton is 5% more expensive on average, but that's weighing in things like clothes and food that can be highly subjective.

Thanks for the replies. So the job market in Edmonton is pretty bad at the moment? I know things took a downswing with the price of oil, but is it worse than any other major city in recent years?

Hmm. Thinking of getting a 1 TB HDD for my PS4. Which is the best that's on sale? I dont think I need 2 TB... Im sure Ill fill up with 1 TB, but I dont mind deleting games I dont play

Hmm. Thinking of getting a 1 TB HDD for my PS4. Which is the best that's on sale? I dont think I need 2 TB... Im sure Ill fill up with 1 TB, but I dont mind deleting games I dont play

Its an extra $20-$30 for the extra TB. Myself and many others using the seagate/samsung external taken out of housing. That's probably your best value

Maximus.

If its a joke show me where I can buy the following titles cheaper:

Titanfall 2
Battlefield 1
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Batman Arkham Knight
Assassins Creed Syndicate
Batman The TellTale Game
Overwatch Origins Edition
Street Fighter V
Guilty Gear Revelator
Far Cry Primal
Rainbow Six Siege
GTAV
Witcher 3 Complete Edition
Star Wars Battlefront

The actual Black friday sale is good, I was specifically referring to the Flash Sale, which is different FYI.

Titanfall 2 is 2 dollars cheaper than physical sales? Battlefield 1 is 3 dollars more than physical sales. Overwatch is $50 physical.

The actual Black friday sale is good, I was specifically referring to the Flash Sale, which is different FYI.

Titanfall 2 is 2 dollars cheaper than physical sales? Battlefield 1 is 3 dollars more than physical sales. Overwatch is $50 physical.

If you factor in the 10% coupon and the fact you're saving taxes you'll find that most if not all are cheaper than retail. Not a huge savings, but surely a nice option.

Lexxism

Tilting, unless you absolutely need to re-position the telly or continually plug stuff in and out. But if there isn't a huge price difference and the quality is about the same, then get the full motion I guess. Just be wary that depending on the screw position and how the tilting mount is, it could get very very annoying if the inputs are on the lower part of the back and you don't have enough tilting range to get to the inputs (or there's too much weight, or not enough room, or both to do it alone.
What do you suggest for brand?

Hmmm, well exclusive usually means good stock...

I ordered the black one on amazon. Had to use a 50$ gift card. Comes to 110$ with taxes and delivery. I might finally open my FE: Fate SE. I just could not get myself to use my old 3DS XL anymore, especially with the "pressure" marks on the screen. I will be more careful with this one.

It will be my first Nintendo handheld with the normal screen size in a long time. I have big hands but I really want the real resolution for once.

Maximus.

If you factor in the 10% coupon and the fact you're saving taxes you'll find that most if not all are cheaper than retail. Not a huge savings, but surely a nice option.

This generation I have been real active on trading in games that I no longer play, so for me to purchase something on PSN, it has to be at a real great value, where I would not regret purchasing it if I can't get rid of it later. PSN has had a ton of great sales and there are some good games on sale for the normal Black Friday Deal and I did say in my original post that if you buy Digital Only, the deals were not bad. Saving a matter of $5 to have a digital copy is not enticing enough to me.

I ordered the black one on amazon. Had to use a 50$ gift card. Comes to 110$ with taxes and delivery. I might finally open my FE: Fate SE. I just could not get myself to use my old 3DS XL anymore, especially with the "pressure" marks on the screen. I will be more careful with this one.

It will be my first Nintendo handheld with the normal screen size in a long time. I have big hands but I really want the real resolution for once.

I had the white n3ds when it was bundled with the OG Pokemon games. While it was nice to have a more crisp image, I too have big hands and it was honestly not as comfortable to hold the system. After some time I went back to my n3DS XL and sold the n3DS. It is hard to really know until you try both and feel what works best for you though,

Kaydan

Banned
Where is the best deal for Doom? I'm also interested in Diablo 3 PS4 but I don't think I'll find any deal for that one...

Did we get any bomba deal north of the border for the Xbox one edition of FFXV?

This generation I have been real active on trading in games that I no longer play, so for me to purchase something on PSN, it has to be at a real great value, where I would not regret purchasing it if I can't get rid of it later. PSN has had a ton of great sales and there are some good games on sale for the normal Black Friday Deal and I did say in my original post that if you buy Digital Only, the deals were not bad. Saving a matter of $5 to have a digital copy is not enticing enough to me.

I had the white n3ds when it was bundled with the OG Pokemon games. While it was nice to have a more crisp image, I too have big hands and it was honestly not as comfortable to hold the system. After some time I went back to my n3DS XL and sold the n3DS. It is hard to really know until you try both and feel what works best for you though,

Thanks! I will try and see, my wife will use it too and it's a good fit for her that's for sure. I also don't play for as long as I used to, now it's more short burst, maybe 1 hour at a time. It might help not getting tired too quickly. If it's too problematic, I'll jump on a XL deal one day or just endure while I beat Fate and Majora's Mask!

Ondore

If I wanted to pick up a high-capacity microSD card, is there a good deal now or should I wait for Boxing Day? I probably won't use it until March.

Eh, Id get TF2 for $42 digital

I dont see much resell value in it

This is somewhat surprising, but for someone who loves playing Lego games with their SO the Wii U eshop has pretty great prices on a couple of the most recent games.

Lego Marvels Avengers: $15.99
Lego Jurassic World: 12.49
Lego Batman 3: 14.99

The console with the preferred split screen play too.

Hedgey

stw5N.png

Amazon pls stahp lying

Waterdrop

I have decided, PLEASE DONT SCOLD ME

I am going with the 55 Inch B6 over the 65 Inch Ks8000 (Around the same price).

The reason being is simple....There is a update to fix the input lag, and the OLED screen has ridiculous picture, I have made my choice :(

N E R O

WTF..Does Nintendo hate the Canadian market this much ? or did everyone suddenly turned into a gamer..can't get a hold of a classic Nintendo NES and now the black Mario 3ds is sold out at Amazon.

Is the white edition N3DS not Walmart exclusive? I swear that when customer service pulled the flyer out to get the item number, it said Walmart Exclusive.

Grimsen

This is somewhat surprising, but for someone who loves playing Lego games with their SO the Wii U eshop has pretty great prices on the 2 of the most recent games.

Lego Marvels Avengers: $15.99
Lego Jurassic World: 12.49
Lego Batman 3: 14.99

The console with the preferred split screen play too.

Speaking of Lego games, any of them on sale for Black Friday for ps3/ps4?

Honestly, the only game I'll pick up this Black Friday is probably Fallout 4 for 19 bucks.

All the other games I have interest in still aren't quite low enough (ReCore, Phantom Break, etc), and others are enticing (XCom 2) but I know it's going to be awhile before I get unaddicted to TitanFall 2 and by the time I do, they'll probably be just as cheap.

poodpick

If I wanted to pick up a high-capacity microSD card, is there a good deal now or should I wait for Boxing Day? I probably won't use it until March.

Getting ready for switch huh :) I'm keeping an eye out too I'll let you know. Any size in particular?

Leeness

Soooo, when do we think Amazon will start shipping FFXV? I'm getting antsy and haven't gotten many games off Amazon yet (was using Futureshop until last year's Amazon e3 deal) that I recall when they actually ship things.

I hope Amazon's estimate is just worst case scenario :'( (December 7-9 lol)

Vamphuntr

WTF..Does Nintendo hate the Canadian market this much ? or did everyone suddenly turned into a gamer..can't get a hold of a classic Nintendo NES and now the black Mario 3ds is sold out at Amazon.

This never gets old with the Amazon isn't shipping my stuff :)

Nintendo tend to ship very small quantities of some products to create hype and demand. See Amiibos and their Limited Editions hardware and software. It works all the time. People complain about them over and over again and still line up for the next thing they release.

N3DS are available at Walmart. I live in the middle of nowhere and my store had like 10+ white and black units.

leeman

Is the white edition N3DS not Walmart exclusive? I swear that when customer service pulled the flyer out to get the item number, it said Walmart Exclusive.

Pretty sure it's Walmart exclusive, which may be a good thing in the sense that they "should" have a lot of em whenever they decide to put them up

leeman

They sold out everywhere in the US, chances are they will sell out everywhere here too, though TBH, I'm pretty surprised how fast they were gone from Amazon. BestBuy, Walmart, EBGames, The Source (maybe) to go!

I have decided, PLEASE DONT SCOLD ME

I am going with the 55 Inch B6 over the 65 Inch Ks8000 (Around the same price).

The reason being is simple....There is a update to fix the input lag, and the OLED screen has ridiculous picture, I have made my choice :(

OLED is always the right choice.

iphys

To be fair, the NES Classic was scarce everywhere and the black friday new 3ds sold out on amazon.com in like 10 minutes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom