• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Dell has a bunch on sale you could try checking them out they have some decent deals.Best Buy can literally get lost with their queue sorry but I'm not wasting my time waiting for their website how pathetic it just keep repeating.

r5x07cZ.png

I shit you not the Checkout has a queue too

40'' is probably good enough for me, just looking for a deal if something stands out as particularly good value/savings - not necessarily a price range.

I bought the Sony XBR43X800D this week, it's on sale for $799 anywhere that it's in stock right now, but stock seems low at the moment since it's been on sale since last weekend.

It's generally considered the best 4k TV available at the 40-43 size range. Here's the rtings review.

It has HDR and 10-bit/wide colour gamut, and low input lag. The main downside is that it doesn't get super bright, so it doesn't take advantage of HDR to the degree that the more expensive sets do.

Proc

I had to bite on Mafia 3 for $39.99 at ebgames.

They sold out of civ 6...patiently waiting in queue at bestbuy now.

I talked myself out of $39.99 WWE2k17...even though I attended survivor series, I know it just won't be very fun.

Also, Call of Duty has too many options this year. I probably would have bit onto $49 IW, but now I must consider whether or not MW remastered is worth the extra $30+tax...

Then I can ponder this weekend how much money I feel like giving to the playstation store...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I bought the Sony XBR43X800D this week, it's on sale for $799 anywhere that it's in stock right now, but stock seems low at the moment since it's been on sale since last weekend.

It's generally considered the best 4k TV available at the 40-43 size range. Here's the rtings review.

It has HDR and 10-bit/wide colour gamut, and low input lag. The main downside is that it doesn't get super bright, so it doesn't take advantage of HDR to the degree that the more expensive sets do.

I'm looking at the Samsung 6270 e.g. that's currently on sale for 499 at bestbuy, which seems to be the same as the 6300 with a few wiring/plug-downgrades for the holiday sale:
http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300

which also has good ratings, especially for gaming?

Dazzler

Deus Ex and Skyrim remaster ordered, all my shopping done before 10pm

Might take a stroll around downtown Vancouver tomorrow on lunch and see if there are any clothes deals

Dylan

I wanted to get a nice monitor that would eventually go with a 1070 laptop I plan to pickup, but I'm so tired I can't be arsed to do the research.

Is anyone in the same boat as me, if so, what did you pick up?

I'm upgrading from a 22" 720p monitor I got in 2007, ha. I'd rather not go bigger than 27", I think 24" would be enough.

edit for clarity: I've already done the research on the laptop, it's just the monitor that I have no clue about.

I'm looking at the Samsung 6270 e.g. that's currently on sale for 499 at bestbuy, which seems to be the same as the 6300 with a few wiring/plug-downgrades for the holiday sale:
http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300

which also has good ratings, especially for gaming?

The 6300 is a great TV in the lower size ranges. The biggest difference from the one I posted earlier is that it doesn't have wide-colour gamut, so the HDR on this one will be pretty negligible.

Other than that it is good. I can't speak to how different the 6270 is when compared to the 6300, though.

tiijj

I think the bb queue started last year, from what I remember it was because of amiibo and those always out of stock nintendo stuff.

Hey guys... I think my list is:

-Macbook Pro 2015
-Hitman Season 1 or Titanfall 2
-Gaming headset (PS4)
-1 or 2 TB HDD, if I can find a really cheap one (PS4)

Any recommendations on a gaming headset for less than $100?

Oh wow, why would they put their stuff up in the middle of the night? Very inconvenient.

They run on Pacific time, so midnight PT = 3am ET. It's always been this way.

If it's any consolation, about 90% of the time it's not worth staying up until 3am and most of the people who do stay up learn to regret it.

Cynar

OK so, I bought Cloud Core headset

Never bought a headset before but these seem really good for the price. Not on sale, but it wont be, right?

Is this HDD on sale: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B013QFRS2S/

It's marked down, but Im unsure if Ill find a better deal... its for my vanilla PS4
I bought that same headset in September. It's really good and my friends can hear my much clearer than my old one. The mic is very adjustable and I didn't even think about it when setting it up and had it far away from my mouth at first and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. So yeah, don't be like me. Once I moved the mic in the proper position it was super clear.

get the Seagate external 2.5 inch TB HDD https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00FRHTSK4/

I took the HDD out of the enclosure and it works.

So I can take it out of the enclosure, and swap with the 500 GB HDD on my ps4?

Edit: You know what, since the HDD isnt currently really on sale, I think I can wait until next year. But thanks!

I bought that same headset in September. It's really good and my friends can hear my much clearer than my old one. The mic is very adjustable and I didn't even think about it when setting it up and had it far away from my mouth at first and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. So yeah, don't be like me. Once I moved the mic in the proper position it was super clear.

Great! Seems like the best choice.

Wallet is starting to feel the black friday pain...

Ordered a N3DS and NES Classic from Best Buy so far. Hopefully I won't buy anything tomorrow but wife/father-in-law want to go shopping. ~_~

My Black Friday haul

Ordered from Amazon.ca:

-Doom PS4 24.99
-2 Lexar 300x micro SD card 32 gb 12.99 each
-Black and White pomade 14.35

2 flex fit hats NY Mets and Cleveland Indians for 29.99 each (30% off total)

Planning to buy Jotun on Wii U and perpetually waiting for Rogue One IMAX 3D tickets on cineplex

Edit: I decided to cancel my order for the hats don't really need them. Gonna use that money to buy an external HDD for my Wii U instead for 68.99 also from Amazon.

kevin1025

Banned
My Black Friday haul

Ordered from Amazon.ca:

-Doom PS4 24.99
-2 Lexar 300x micro SD card 32 gb 12.99 each
-Black and White pomade 14.35

2 flex fit hats NY Mets and Cleveland Indians for 29.99 each (30% off total)

Planning to buy Jotun on Wii U and perpetually waiting for Rogue One IMAX 3D tickets on cineplex

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/802013954838962176

@starwars
Lord Vader, we've been expecting you. Tickets for #RogueOne: A Star Wars Story are available on Monday, November 28.

Not much longer...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Took me a long time to decide what I was going to buy but here's my final Black Friday haul unless Amazon puts something up

PSN
Batman Arkham Knight- $15
Street Fighter V - $23
Guilty Gear Revelator - $24
Rainbow Six Siege Gold Edition - $40
Titanfall 2 - $48

Total = $150 - 20% code = $120

EB Games
Dishonored 2 + Dishonored Definitive Edition = $50

Just need to turn my EB credit into PSN cards first tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom