• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you have bad luck. I went through a 3DS, 3DSXL and new3dsXL over the years and never got a dead pixel.

I do. I baby my stuff but usually end up with defects, while everyone I know has no issues. It's a curse.

Nintendo let me borrow one to write about and it had a dead pixel. Then the first two or three I bought had one.

NYR

Bro...

I got dots too.....

Here have some more....

;)

Seriously though, you need to look at buying something like a TV as an investment in yourself over time. If it is something you use everyday, that is exactly what it is, you are investing your money in something that will make you happy and if it is something you use every day, in the long run, the price difference doesn't seem too steep if you end up completely happy with your choice.

Shot in the dark does anyone remember what the price of FF15 was when FS had the 30% pre order promo? I legit can't remember at all and since I had rep basically convert my order I want to know what I'm supposed to be paying in case he goofed.

Shot in the dark does anyone remember what the price of FF15 was when FS had the 30% pre order promo? I legit can't remember at all and since I had rep basically convert my order I want to know what I'm supposed to be paying in case he goofed.

My records say $59.99. (Currently the order says $69.99 but I realized that was the price when I had a Best Buy rep replace my old Future Shop order a while back.) Also, back then it was a straight $20 off, you should be paying $39.99 + tax.

NYR

$59.99. Ah, the good 'old days.

FrsDvl

Is Amazon supposed to have any other deals for actual black Friday other than what's up now? I'm kind of hoping they'll match Lego Dimensions with Walmart..

Do any of y'all have experience with EB Games on Black Friday? I'm planning to go buy the 500GB Xbox One S bundle for $300, but am trying to determine if there are normally lines. I have limited time to be away from work. They open at 9...are there likely to be lines at opening?

why is at the best buy site? There's a queue to access the site lol

You must be new here :p

Edit - Are there any really good deals on anything this year? I have no time to do any shopping this weekend so I didn't really check

Last year there was that sweet Fido plan

deals seem basically the same as EBs mixed with the week long discounts we've had

like 99% of the stuff at least has been available at these prices all week. only things that haven't are the game prices which are the same as EB

UberTag

Is a queue really necessary for stuff that has been up all day?
Apparently. It's even more fun waiting in queue when all you want to do is check your order status only to discover upon exiting the queue that order status functionality is presently offline.

=D Maybe it will ship out tomorrow and I get it on Monday.

The UCE is in toronto
snap20161124211026kujqt.jpg

Wow mine says its gonna arrive Dec 6 at the earliest...I even called them about it.

Madness

snow-white-do-not-wanqmb84.gif

Maybe I should bump up the shipping on it from free to the next tier. I mean, I'm only paying $49.99+30% off lol.

Yeah but upgrading shipping kills the price factor. I ended up cancelling a lot of my Amazon preorders. For MP games, 10-17 days potentially after launch is a no-go in the front loaded sales era. By then you miss out on that launch night, launch week magic.

If you really need the game do it, should still be cheaper than competitors.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=a1a7ce7e44fa85ebc8f496168c940c0ben02

These headphones are $64.99 at BigBoxOutlet if you're near one. They're an older model, but for that price, you can't get anything close that's noise cancelling and blue tooth. I just picked up one during the pre-black friday preview sale, this was the Thursday item. I bought the wired equivalent for $35.99 back in the summer, but they're $44.99 now, which still isn't bad for what they are.

Leeness

Yeah but upgrading shipping kills the price factor. I ended up cancelling a lot of my Amazon preorders. For MP games, 10-17 days potentially after launch is a no-go in the front loaded sales era. By then you miss out on that launch night, launch week magic.

If you really need the game do it, should still be cheaper than competitors.

Yeah, it bumped me up by $30. Lol.

...maybe I should just buy it at Walmart and then return the unopened copy when the Amazon one shows up.

Grrrrr choices.

Is Amazon supposed to have any other deals for actual black Friday other than what's up now? I'm kind of hoping they'll match Lego Dimensions with Walmart..

Exactly what I'm holding out for too. Shockingly with all the great deals going on now, this is the one I'm most excited for, especially considering it's the lowest it's been in Canada, plus all the new sets seems really great.

farisr

lmao. The 55KS8000 is cheaper by $200 on the 49KS8000 lol
Yup, Best Buy did this before as well.

At Costco, the Vizio P55-C1 is the same price as P50-C1 currently.

Speaking of costco, they seem to have a PS4 Pro bundle with COD if anyone's interested.

611.99 (+tax) gets you:
PS4 Pro
Extra Controller
Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare

Basically if you take the current Black Friday sale pricing into account of Infinite warfare and a new controller, you're still saving $37.98 (+tax)

Savings from regular price: 92.98 (+tax)

trixx

I don;t know much about computers or tvs but that blue xbox might sell out quick, not bad even though the deal at microsoft store is better.

The xbox digital store sales are insane

Jachaos

Amazon Canada shipped my copy of Battlefield 1 so that I got it on release date last month.

This month, same order (E3 Promo), Watch Dogs 2 has yet to arrive and it's marked as Nov 24th-Nov 30th. I'll get it two weeks after launch. I live in Montreal. How does it take two weeks to ship here. Come on.

Cmagus

Any decent deals on gaming monitors?

Dell has a bunch on sale you could try checking them out they have some decent deals.Best Buy can literally get lost with their queue sorry but I'm not wasting my time waiting for their website how pathetic it just keep repeating.

Madness

Exactly what I'm holding out for too. Shockingly with all the great deals going on now, this is the one I'm most excited for, especially considering it's the lowest it's been in Canada, plus all the new sets seems really great.

Yup, Best Buy did this before as well.

At Costco, the Vizio P55-C1 is the same price as P50-C1 currently.

Speaking of costco, they seem to have a PS4 Pro bundle with COD if anyone's interested.

611.99 (+tax) gets you:
PS4 Pro
Extra Controller
Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare

Basically if you take the current Black Friday sale pricing into account of Infinite warfare and a new controller, you're still saving $37.98 (+tax)

Savings from regular price: 92.98 (+tax)

Smaller sizes are niche sellers now. It is why at below 48" is slim pickings completely. Either pure budget or budget mid. 55" is the new 42" etc. 65" has become the new 52" essentially. They know the people who want a full HDR10 49" won't have any other choice. And that if you are going for 49" over 55" tou are limited by space and can ONLY get that size etc.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What's the best deal on a good gaming 4K TV this weekend? Best Buy has Samsung's (not the newest model though, the 5270's) on sale but no idea how they compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom