• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca

My Futureshop order of FFXV has an issue charging the card - probably expired. Click the link and it redirects to Best Buy and I log in to find...no order. I don't even know if I want it anymore, so I guess it's a good thing. Got the email with my 'bonus content' codes for ordering it but they don't work...what a gong show.

big_z

Raises hand. Third person here. Got someone from India it seemed. Had to repeat often and speak clearly but it looks like it's ok now. I hate having to go on the phone to do this....their supposed 6 min ETA was more like 30 min.

Great my eta was 21 minutes and I'm still holding 33 minutes later. :(

Madness

FFXV still hasn't shipped

759.gif

Contact customer support. I got some credit and a bump to 1 day ship for my ME preorder. All Amazon has guaranteed is me avoiding them for preorders in future if I want games in a reasonable time.

Kyolux

My Futureshop order of FFXV has an issue charging the card - probably expired. Click the link and it redirects to Best Buy and I log in to find...no order. I don't even know if I want it anymore, so I guess it's a good thing. Got the email with my 'bonus content' codes for ordering it but they don't work...what a gong show.

Are you using the Futureshop (on best buy.ca 's site) order status form or the best buy one? Got to use the former.

I received 3 keys for pre-order stuff it seems. I guess they're about to ship that copy. For amazon, I feel like bothering them when the game is only out on Tuesday will just get them to shrug it off.

As for that Vizio P.. that's the 50" I guess? Kind of tempted me farisr... why ?! Not sure how I feel about going from 55" to 50. Also not sure what to do with my other TV.

Rbk_3

Anyone has the Vizio P? I have an itchy trigger finger hovering over the Costco order button. I've been wanting the KS8000, but the price difference makes me think the Vizio is more worth it. Am I wrong here? Is HDR input lag really that bad?

I went from the P65 to the KS8000 and the KS8000 if better IMO and much better if you're a gamer. The 2 P65s I had had the worst grey uniformity I have ever seen on a TV.

6d85c3726447d9aa0456817d745da9b1.jpg

That is what a 10% white test pattern looked like. That is supposed to be one uniform colour.

UberTag

Contact customer support. I got some credit and a bump to 1 day ship for my ME preorder. All Amazon has guaranteed is me avoiding them for preorders in future if I want games in a reasonable time.
Nobody should give a DIME to Amazon in this thread going forward unless they're content with either paying for Prime or waiting a week post-release date for their game. We all know they sit on pre-orders otherwise. This isn't some grand revelation. They'll also do this for heavily discounted games even if you pay for priority shipping.

chronosic

My FFXV hasn't shipped from BestBuy yet, but thy just sent me an email with DLC codes. Tried them out and it says they aren't valid. Do I have to wait until release day?

Eleuin

jesus, completely forgot I preordered XV 2 years ago during E3 - what a mess the dev cycle was

48.99 but I don't even think I want to play it

farisr

As for that Vizio P.. that's the 50" I guess? Kind of tempted me farisr... why ?! Not sure how I feel about going from 55" to 50. Also not sure what to do with my other TV.
Hahaha, my evil plan has worked!

Seriously though, do not go down in size and you do not need an HDR tv at this point. I only got a TV because the old one was giving me problems. Wait till next year.

More HDR content, better standards, Devs will do better implementations etc.

Bestbuy's order page has been wonky. Give it a couple days and the order will be up.

Kyolux

The link just takes me to bestbuy.ca - where do I check it on there?

https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/profile/checkorderstatusfutureshop.aspx Is this the page you're using?

Hahaha, my evil plan has worked!

Seriously though, do not go down in size and you do not need an HDR tv at this point. I only got a TV because the old one was giving me problems. Wait till next year.

More HDR content, better standards, Devs will do better implementations etc.

Good point. Yeah back to waiting a year, or two.

Leeness

Well I mean...it's not like it's late yet. If it doesn't ship by Monday, I will. :(

big_z

The link just takes me to bestbuy.ca - where do I check it on there?

You still have to call to update futureshop orders since you can't update them online

Took 50 minutes to get through and a nightmare to hear the person clearly. Have fun!

FFXV
Unfortunately, your order XXXX could not be processed because your method of payment did not go through.

Order was set as paypal, called paypal no attempts from bestbuy were even made.

i-Jest

Hedgey

Yeah, I guess I'm just going to forget about my FS order...
$10 difference really isn't worth it (I bought an Amazon copy this year)

leeman

Well I mean...it's not like it's late yet. If it doesn't ship by Monday, I will. :(

I was thinking the same thing, not sure what I would say to support. It's not "technically" late yet. Is it likely to be late at this rate? Yes. "Could" it possibly still make it. Also, yes. I'm with you here, if it doesn't ship by early Monday, I'm contacting them.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Didn't spend a cent today :). Feels good.

It's not like I haven't spent about $700+ this last month. Let's not talk about that.

My haul:

N3DS
Prototype Biohazard Bundle
Metro Redux
Vintage Coca-Cola t-shirt
Leafs Centennial Classic jersey w/ patch
New cellphone (with Black Friday promo plan) - $0 phone.
Free DualShock 4 with credit from plan

now hang on a second

Madness

And why isn't the X800D in stock what the fuck?

Like I've been saying in other threads, it is Sony pricing structure for NA so retailers who cannot discount when they want reluctant to stock it. This means most places have 1-2 in stock at a store, not too many units online. Unlike a Samsung KU6300 which retailers are slash and burning like crazy. It is why you don't see the x800D in costco.

They just made the Dishonored 2 PS4 version available for backorder at $49.99. Says it's the limited edition.

Like I've been saying in other threads, it is Sony pricing structure for NA so retailers who cannot discount when they want reluctant to stock it. This means most places have 1-2 in stock at a store, not too many units online. Unlike a Samsung KU6300 which retailers are slash and burning like crazy. It is why you don't see the x800D in costco.

They had about 30 units online of the 49" X800D last night. Most of the quality TVs are listed as selling out on Best Buy. They probably held back some stock.

I swear there was a location near Sherway here in Toronto that had about ten of them in last week. Maybe it's still in stock there.

No_Style

Black Friday haul thus far includes:

• FitBit Alta
  • FitBit Charge 2
  • Levi's 559 Jeans
  • Instant Pot pressure cooker
  • Steam Link
  • Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler
No games yet. I did buy Pokemon Sun & Moon w/ Prime Discount but that's not Black Friday related. I also spent a lot of time looking into MacBook Pros to replace my 5 year old 11" MBA and visiting the LG 55" OLED B6 page at BestBuy.

Buy a Wii remote ($27.99) on Amazon.ca and get a Nintendo Select free.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00N4OAENW/

It's a copy of EB's promo but the remote is already discounted, so win-win.

Tried it with Wind Waker HD (already $19.97) and Red Wiimote Plus and no go. It ends up being a few cents cheaper than EB Games though.

farisr

I went from the P65 to the KS8000 and the KS8000 if better IMO and much better if you're a gamer. The 2 P65s I had had the worst grey uniformity I have ever seen on a TV.

6d85c3726447d9aa0456817d745da9b1.jpg

That is what a 10% white test pattern looked like. That is supposed to be one uniform colour.
I must've lucked out with mine, or perhaps (like it is often the case with other tv manufacturers) there is something up with the panels being used for that specific size.

Here's my P50:
p50-c1bgxluk.png

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Are there any reasonably priced small/mini PCs on sale?

Need one for a small cabinet I am making to run steam arcade games

A deal on raspberry pi would also be cool but boy what I'm looking for exactly

Please help. What stores or sites should i try for this

Anyone?

What's the best deals on Internal 3.5 2 TB+ HDDs or SSHDs? One of my 1TB is sounding like it's going to die soon (loud ticking noises coming from it) so I should get on with replacing it.

Rbk_3

Samsung is the same way. If the price decrease at one store it will decrease at them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom