• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally was able to go out once my wife got home and could stay with the baby.

Everything I wanted was sold out. Including games.

Fuck Black Friday. I've got tons of cash to spend as an adult with expendable cash but can't because you gotta be here when they open. Fuck this.

why not buy the games online. most online retailers had same sales.

Cru Jones

Fuck Black Friday. I've got tons of cash to spend as an adult with expendable cash but can't because you gotta be here when they open. Fuck this.

You sure you're an adult?

knackgotemshookahr6d.gif

that reminds me

i gotta find a copy of knack for cheap

farisr

that reminds me

i gotta find a copy of knack for cheap
I've been looking for both Knack and inFAMOUS Second Son on the cheap, but can only find them at their current full price ($20). Hoping boxing day fixes that. (or they end up being PS+ titles, LOL).

So my haul is:

-128 GB Macbook Pro, 13" 2015 model.
-128 GB Flash Drive for $40 (pending)

-Two iPhone 6S Plus, 32 GB for my family...will use the gift card to buy one myself

-2 TB HDD for PS4
-Cloud Core headphones for gaming

-Maybeee a game like Titanfall 2 or Hitman

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped me out!

Hedgey

Local (Tiny) Wal-Mart had at least 10 N3DS White units left, too bad I want Black lol.
I've got one in the mail from Wal-Mart but who knows how long that'll take. I haven't ordered from them in years ;___;

EDIT: Ooo We doing hauls?

480GB SanDisk SSD $129
N3DS White & Black $139 Each
Destiny Omolon Sweater $22 USD
Titanfall 2, MM Anniversary, Jackbox 3 $69

kennah

^Thanks guys

Hey! About the Sandisk USB (128 GB). Im reading some complaints that it gets very hot... is it safe? I likely dont need it sticking into the USB all the time anyway, but just curious if I did
People will complain about anything. Never read reviews.

^ Haha, yeah I have a tendency to get brought down by reading the negative reviews. Thanks a lot for your help dude.

I bought the same one a few months ago, I'm reusing the case, but I tore up the foil pretty bad and the case is a bit dented. I'd say just be as gentle as possible and it should be fine.

Edit: Head's up, the drive makes a sound every once in a while, sort of a long beep. It doesn't affect anything when you're using the PS4. Just a minor annoyance. Not sure if the same issue exists on the PS4 Pro - I'm debating on putting the 2TB drive on it.

Hmmm. That sounds...annoying. But this is the best option I have for the price, so it's all good.

Er, is a flash drive any better than a SD card? I feel like if I bought a 128 GB SD card, it's be easier to keep on my Mac. Is an SD Card worse?

Er, is a flash drive any better than a SD card? I feel like if I bought a 128 GB SD card, it's be easier to keep on my Mac. Is an SD Card worse?

Worse because it's not going to be flush. Fully inserted it sticks out quite a bit.A company called Nifty made a device that holds a MicroSD and does fit flush, but you have to find one for your specific model as Apple changed the sculpt every year or so.

The downside of SD is it's definitely slower than USB3 and seek times are going to struggle on occasion. And when your Mac goes to sleep, it turns off the slot, so the only choices you have there are:

1. Run a software that keeps it awake (but drains battery faster), or
2. Get one of those tiny USB drives instead so you can pull it out/put it back in as needed. The Nifty and similar SD slot drives are so flush that you actually have to use a wire to pull it out of the slot.

Overall it's just not worth the hassle. USB3 mini keys are way better.

Kyolux

Futureshop/BB order status are available again.

My FFXV order there changed.

Used to be Delivered as early as January 2.

Release Date: November 29, 2016
Delivered as early as
November 30

Amazon is still "pre-ordered".

Noahd41

Neo Member
Overwatch went down on Amazon by ten bucks. I ordered two copies so I could play with my brother but they won't honour the lower price. I haven't even received my shipment! Will I have any luck getting them to match it?

snack

Overwatch went down on Amazon by ten bucks. I ordered two copies so I could play with my brother but they won't honour the lower price. I haven't even received my shipment! Will I have any luck getting them to match it?

Go on support chat and speak to one of their reps, they're usually very nice and will credit you the difference back to your original form of payment.

Noahd41

Neo Member
Go on support chat and speak to one of their reps, they're usually very nice and will credit you the difference back to your original form of payment.

Thanks. I called, she offered a credit but not for the full amount so I'm just gonna get it at eb today on the way home and return it. Seems silly and even the rep mentioned how dumb it is but they won't match the price.

Doesn't really help but Amazon used to have good customer service so I kind of expected them to do it no problem. I would have accepted a credit for the full 20.

Moltenix

Debating if I should include Ratchet&Clank and Uncharted Collection in my PSN haul using the 10% off. I would've really liked a sale on them but $22.50 CAD isn't terrible I guess.

Although, I feel like there still might be a chance of a holiday sale next month. I dunno...

My haul:

N3DS
Prototype Biohazard Bundle
Metro Redux
Vintage Coca-Cola t-shirt
Leafs Centennial Classic jersey w/ patch
New cellphone (with Black Friday promo plan) - $0 phone.
Free DualShock 4 with credit from plan

My haul:

N3DS
Prototype Biohazard Bundle
Metro Redux
Vintage Coca-Cola t-shirt
Leafs Centennial Classic jersey w/ patch
New cellphone (with Black Friday promo plan) - $0 phone.
Free DualShock 4 with credit from plan

Mine looks like this:

N3DS
NES Classic
Pokemon Sun
AC Adapter (lol)

Vinc

Anyone has the Vizio P? I have an itchy trigger finger hovering over the Costco order button. I've been wanting the KS8000, but the price difference makes me think the Vizio is more worth it. Am I wrong here? Is HDR input lag really that bad?

Best Buy really needs to move into the 21st century with their website. I've already called in once to change the credit card on my Final Fantasy XV pre-order, but just now I received an email saying my credit card needs to be fixed, and the order still shows my old card. I'm supposed to get a call back in 23 minutes to explain to a CSR that their site sucks and still won't let me change the stupid credit card and here is my credit card information yet again and can you PLEASE make sure it actually gets into the system this time maybe don't write it on a discarded gum wrapper like the last person apparently did because what the hell.

For all of Amazon's faults, all I had to do to change my credit card was click a few links and type in a number. Best Buy's ecommerce infrastructure is garbage.

frequency

I can't even use Best Buy's "contact us" form anymore. I'm really bitter towards Amazon but I have no other choice because Best Buy's site just doesn't work for anything other than the most simple of orders.

big_z

Best Buy really needs to move into the 21st century with their website. I've already called in once to change the credit card on my Final Fantasy XV pre-order, but just now I received an email saying my credit card needs to be fixed, and the order still shows my old card. I'm supposed to get a call back in 23 minutes to explain to a CSR that their site sucks and still won't let me change the stupid credit card and here is my credit card information yet again and can you PLEASE make sure it actually gets into the system this time maybe don't write it on a discarded gum wrapper like the last person apparently did because what the hell.

For all of Amazon's faults, all I had to do to change my credit card was click a few links and type in a number. Best Buy's ecommerce infrastructure is garbage.

Hahah I'm on hold waiting to change my credit card info too. It's stupid you can't change billing info on partially shipped orders online. Two minutes to go if the wait time is correct...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hahah I'm on hold waiting to change my credit card info too. It's stupid you can't change billing info on partially shipped orders online. Two minutes to go if the wait time is correct...
Raises hand. Third person here. Got someone from India it seemed. Had to repeat often and speak clearly but it looks like it's ok now. I hate having to go on the phone to do this....their supposed 6 min ETA was more like 30 min.

At least better than Walmart where you can't cancel or change. Have to call in to get new order created and always the chance they'll send you the item twice (if credit card is still valid on first order) and you have to go return one. Also chance they will screw up any discounts you may have had when creating new order.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Go home and be a family man

farisr

Anyone has the Vizio P? I have an itchy trigger finger hovering over the Costco order button. I've been wanting the KS8000, but the price difference makes me think the Vizio is more worth it. Am I wrong here? Is HDR input lag really that bad?
Honestly, most people doesn't notice input lag under 50ms unless they start comparing monitors side by side. People adjust quite easily. There are many people even with LG OLEDs happily gaming in 60ms lag, or worse, inconsistent/varying lag.

In HDR the Vizio P series is around 45ms input lag with the latest firmware update. That kind of lag being a non factor to me, plus the great black levels, and Dolby Vision support made it an easy decision for me.

Apathy

I had a question that maybe you guys and gals could answer. I got in on the E3 pre order from amazon like 2 years ago with a bunch of games some of which already obviously got deliverd some of which haven't. The thing is that some of the ones that have not been delivered I either don't want anymore and some I'm getting from other places, but when I tried to cancel the items on Amazon I can't because it says they were part of a promotion.

So my question is, if when they get delivered if I can just return them for a refund then even if they were part of that e3 deal?

farisr

I had a question that maybe you guys and gals could answer. I got in on the E3 pre order from amazon like 2 years ago with a bunch of games some of which already obviously got deliverd some of which haven't. The thing is that some of the ones that have not been delivered I either don't want anymore and some I'm getting from other places, but when I tried to cancel the items on Amazon I can't because it says they were part of a promotion.

So my question is, if when they get delivered if I can just return them for a refund then even if they were part of that e3 deal?
Just contact support. They've cancelled some of those uncancellable "part of promotion" items for me without any questions asked before. But yeah if they do end up shipping out to you, you can return them, but may need to pay for return shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom