• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimsen

I did my shopping on Wednesday and Thursday, but here's my haul.

Nes classic (2)
New 3ds black
New super Mario bros 2
Cap civil war Bluray
Jungle book Bluray
Beauty and the beast Bluray
Mario Kart 8 Carrera race track

Mad Max PSN
Hitman PSN
Shadow of mordor PSN
Far Cry Primal PSN

Not setting foot in a store today: priceless

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Traded 7 games at EB for the $30 bonus and got $100 worth of PSN cards, cant believe they gave me $10 for stuff like Dark Souls PS3 and Jak Collection. I splurged on PSN thanks to that 20% coupon.

Final haul

Best Buy
Dishonored 2 Limited Edition - $50

PSN
Titanfall 2
Battlefield 1
Rainbow Six Siege Gold Edition
Street Fighter V
Guilty Gear Revelator
Batman Arkham Knight

Paid $55 out of pocket for the PSN transaction.

Aske

Just got my KS8000 set up. Hot damn it's gorgeous. Like, the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. B&H did me proud.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Just got my KS8000 set up. Hot damn it's gorgeous. Like, the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. B&H did me proud.

sweet and yeah its spectacular. I have already seen so many random YouTube 4K videos lol

looking for a deal on 4K bluray, but can't seem to find any cheap.

how much did you pay for your KS8000?

I love how Canadian retailers have taken on Black Friday, because now we have both Black Friday and Boxing Day.

So, since I didn't buy a TV now, I can still consider doing so on BD. Since I will eventually need to go 4K.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I love how Canadian retailers have taken on Black Friday, because now we have both Black Friday and Boxing Day.

So, since I didn't buy a TV now, I can still consider doing so on BD. Since I will eventually need to go 4K.

Boxing Day last year sucked in comparison. I think this Black Friday is even better than the last, so I have very little hopes for a good Boxing Day.

Aske

sweet and yeah its spectacular. I have already seen so many random YouTube 4K videos lol

looking for a deal on 4K bluray, but can't seem to find any cheap.

how much did you pay for your KS8000?

I've been thinking about going through b&h but I'm nervous. What did you pay total? After customs and shipping?

$2723 CAD for the 65", after taxes, shipping, and Squaretrade warranty. $600 CAD less than BestBuy were doing it for, unless they dropped it again today. 4 year Squaretrade warranty was about $200 CAD. Sticker price at B&H was $1497 US, before tax/shipping/etc.

They shipped it out nice and fast. I have two days to return it if there's a problem (will keep you posted if that happens), but I'm very satisfied with the B&H transaction at this point. I'd recommend them.

Also: cheap UHD BDs? Best Buy had some today (I picked up Lucy for $19), and Amazon.ca has a few for ~$25 right now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

It doesn't even work, because the whole point is that in America it's a super long weekend and everyone is off during Friday.
I wonder why Canadian retailers didn't just make a "Canadian" black Friday and have it happen in October. But I guess it's too late now that everyone in the world has latched onto the American retail season.

Use amazon.com not .ca
Hrm,t hat doesn't work, but maybe because I'm still on the trial.

Still, presumably they will be launching a real service that you can just access in .ca without pretending you're an American who is living abroad or something.

Well. Back home and I already think I made a big, big mistake.

I should have went with the 256 GB Flash drive over the 128 GB. I only have 95 GB of space because the OS takes a whopping 20 GB.

Ill probably have to constantly transfer any media to a USB.

Im so stupid. Bought an expensive laptop, cheaped out on the HDD. Hopefully it isnt too big of a problem

Saprol

If anybody's into recording or livestreaming their Black Friday haul, the Elgato HD60 capture card is $99 for the next... 3 hours.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00MIQ40JQ/

Was going to buy the more expensive internal device anyway but Amazon delayed my 1-day shipping and then threw this up on daily deal. So I guess I'll take it.

Citadel

I was looking for that Mario new 3DS for $139 at EB Games, and apparently they were sold out by the time I had arrived. At 10:05am. The store was dead, too. I had called another, and was told they had only received two in shipping. Crazy.

Despite this, I still bought a new 3DS today and I'm pretty excited about it. I won't lie, I mainly bought it for Pokemon Moon (haven't played a Pokemon game since.. Platinum? But even then, I didn't play much of my DS when I had one.) Can't wait to try out the 3D. Gotta do some research to see what kind of 'retro' jrpgs the system has.

I think I'll hit up EB tomorrow and capitalize on the XBone games they have for sale.. their flyer has some pretty good deals.

i-Jest

Are there any reasonably priced small/mini PCs on sale?

Need one for a small cabinet I am making to run steam arcade games

A deal on raspberry pi would also be cool but boy what I'm looking for exactly

Please help. What stores or sites should i try for this

I personally haven't noticed but have you tried Dell or NCIX?

Leeness

My FFXV claims it will ship on the 28th.

waiting.gif

Leeness

I see you there Amazon, don't think I don't.

iseeyouxfr56.jpg

Yep, almost exact same but I upgraded my shipping to priority to avoid "December 6-8" for FFXV :|

Edit: WOW never mind, even on priority, it's changed to December 5, and not shipping until December 2, wtf.

I can't get it to change back to November 28. Well. Now I'm calling tomorrow.

Calling right now actually. Apparently I won't be getting my game until at least December 5, even paying for 1 day shipping now lol. Wtf.

What's the best place to buy a physical copy and I can return the unopened Amazon one when it gets here? Walmart probably cares the least about SKU?

I'm so annoyed. #firstworldproblems

Madness

Yep, almost exact same but I upgraded my shipping to priority to avoid "December 6-8" for FFXV :|

Edit: WOW never mind, even on priority, it's changed to December 5, and not shipping until December 2, wtf.

I can't get it to change back to November 28. Well. Now I'm calling tomorrow.

Calling right now actually. Apparently I won't be getting my game until at least December 5, even paying for 1 day shipping now lol. Wtf.

What's the best place to buy a physical copy and I can return the unopened Amazon one when it gets here? Walmart probably cares the least about SKU?

I'm so annoyed. #firstworldproblems

Costco or Walmart. Easier returns. But call and complain. Hopefully you get some credit or a reduction in price.

Leeness

Costco or Walmart. Easier returns. But call and complain. Hopefully you get some credit or a reduction in price.

I got free priority shipping (which still only gets it to me on December 5) and $10 in "gift card" monies.

I will go with Walmart. Sigh.

Hedgey

I got free priority shipping (which still only gets it to me on December 5) and $10 in "gift card" monies.

I will go with Walmart. Sigh.

The only thing I can imagine is that you had dibs on a launch copy and when you changed the shipping it swapped you out to a second wave of stock?

It could be one of those weird things where they actually deliver it on Tuesday

Leeness

The only thing I can imagine is that you had dibs on a launch copy and when you changed the shipping it swapped you out to a second wave of stock?

It could be one of those weird things where they actually deliver it on Tuesday

I'm guessing that's what happened. Still. Ugh.

:(

Everyone in here stressing about FF15 when I'm gonna be playing FF10 as my first FF game next week lol

Speaking of FF, do the PS1 games hold up well? I might pick them up on PSN if they are on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom