• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you're enjoying it! Game is so good.

Yeah, it is quite good. But the hacking gets to be a bit overloaded (mission-wise) after a while.

I played the copy I bought from EB a lot last week, but didn't like it enough to spend $90 on it, so I returned it and waited for the library.

Dylan

Go for the 4K Samsung, it is a great monitor. The 144hz monitor is only 1080p.

Your 1070 Laptop should run about 20% slower than a regular 1070. In my experience, a regular 1070 does 4k at 30-40fps on almost all AAA games at Ultra. If you turn down settings a bit, you should certainly be able to get 30fps at 4K on your laptop. You could also consider lowering the resolution to 1440p or something like 1800p, and you would still get great performance and image quality.

I wouldn't get that 1080p 144hz monitor, you can get cheaper 144hz 1080p monitors when there aren't even sales on, that's not a deal, but that 4K is an awesome deal.

Hey thanks man! Great advice. Commended, liked and followed.

kswiston

So my gaming related haul is looking like:

$15 USD for Final Fantasy IX and X/X2 when Square Enix briefly forgot their policy of shitty deals only on Final Fantasy PC titles.

$19.99 shipped for Wind Waker HD via Amazon Prime

Not a Black Friday sale, but $5 USD for the crazy good Humble Staff Picks Bundle that is currently running. Everyone interested in programming/logic puzzles should be playing TIS-100. $1 gets you that and Legend of Grimrock 2, so no excuses! https://www.humblebundle.com/nicks-staff-picks-bundle

I saw the new revision Magma Red at both EB Games and Walmart today. They should be widely available by now. No need to buy from Amazon.

I looked at two Walmarts yesterday and didn't see it. They just had a TON of the old version.

EB didn't have its sale on yet when I was there.

I got a second black one for free yesterday so I'm trying to be content.

Windam

Scaley member
So someone already got their copy of FF15 Deluxe from Amazon.ca but we still don't have a change in shipping status for ours. ;___;

Yasumi

Banned
Final haul is a bag full of Laura Secord candy, a onsie, and $14.99 Borderlands Collection from EB Games. I've never touched a Borderlands before, but that price was too tempting. Weekend set.

N E R O

This is the first time that i don't purchase any thing in black Friday since 2011

I was just at the Source..and they had FFXV 15 on the shelf,3 copies,the actual sealed game not a display case. i was going to grab one. And the guy who was gonna cash me out is a junior rep, And he seemed to be cluless, when i pulled my credit card out of my wallet, I heard a senior rep shouting "stop this transaction , head office will fuck us" he came out of nowhere,He's like come on the 29th.didn't even apologize for displaying it

I was so close to get my hands on it and say goodbye to life and my new part time job on weekends. Dammit i guess its work tmr :/

etta

my hard graphic balls
OMG BIOSHOCK IS LIGHTNING DEAL AMAZON $39.99 WITH FREE ONE DAY SHIPPING ARRIVING TOMORROW MOTHER FUCK YESSSS BITCHES

Leeness

I was thinking the same thing, not sure what I would say to support. It's not "technically" late yet. Is it likely to be late at this rate? Yes. "Could" it possibly still make it. Also, yes. I'm with you here, if it doesn't ship by early Monday, I'm contacting them.

The truest of road trip bros.

trixx

no xbox controllers around all out of stock. Damn that blue xbox one s sold out quick at the stc best buy

cheap xbox bundles fly

I've now been charged for FF but it hasn't shipped yet. Best buy don't bone me on the last two games I'm gonna order from you for the love of god.

Help! @ apple store. Need to decide.

Is the 2015 macbook more powerful than baseline 2016 model (no touch bar)?

2016 mofel is .7 ghz weaker and the screen sounds less better

Roto13

Ended up getting Dishonored 2 Limited Edition ($50), Assassin's Creed Syndicate ($20), and the Retro Amiibo 3-pack ($25). Plus some non-gaming stuff.

Wish nintendo sold Mr. Game & Watch amiibo bases so you could display all four of the figures it comes with.

trixx

is there a way i can get digital code for xbox live at sale price? I need live asap

nvm microsoft store got me :), also are there missing sales in Canada for live?

farisr

Alright it's official, just received the refund email. The Costco agent accidentally gave me an extra $100 back while doing the price adjustment. Got the p50-c1 for $900 (+ tax).

etta

my hard graphic balls
I mean they are 3 remasters, $40 isn't that amazing imo.
Eh, no I was excited to get it from Amazon, since the Prime shipping for next day delivery is cheap, and other places would take their sweet ass time.
But Bioshock 1 alone is worth double that for me, I just haven't gotten it yet because of no time to play them.

My haul...

PS4Pro
Skyrim

Oh and I picked this up for my client...

batmanbronze_a.jpg

I'm more excited for him getting that statue then I am for the stuff I got. :D

m23

Eh, no I was excited to get it from Amazon, since the Prime shipping for next day delivery is cheap, and other places opwould take their sweet ass time.
But Bioshock 1 alone is worth double that for me, I just haven't gotten it yet because of no time to play them.

Jump on that Prime train, feels good knowing you can get your stuff the next day, or even the same day.

Socreges

Banned
Black Friday haul thus far includes:

• FitBit Alta
  • FitBit Charge 2
  • Levi's 559 Jeans
  • Instant Pot pressure cooker
  • Steam Link
  • Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler
No games yet. I did buy Pokemon Sun & Moon w/ Prime Discount but that's not Black Friday related. I also spent a lot of time looking into MacBook Pros to replace my 5 year old 11" MBA and visiting the LG 55" OLED B6 page at BestBuy.

Tried it with Wind Waker HD (already $19.97) and Red Wiimote Plus and no go. It ends up being a few cents cheaper than EB Games though.
My GF wants a Charge 2. Where is this on sale?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If Prime video is actually coming to Canada, with the Top Gear remake headlining it, I would almost say that it's worth the cost at that point.

In an ideal world, Amazon would have just bought out all of Shomi's licenses and just used that as their catalog for their service along with their originals.

It's sucks that I bought BF1 on Xbox now that I have a Pro. I hope someone on kijiji would be willing to trade their PS4 version for my Xbox version.

Or at least I can sell it for $50 but I don't think anyone would buy it at that price cause it's on sale. ARGH

m23

If Prime video is actually coming to Canada, with the Top Gear remake headlining it, I would almost say that it's worth the cost at that point.

In an ideal world, Amazon would have just bought out all of Shomi's licenses and just used that as their catalog for their service along with their originals.

Amazon prime video already works for Canadians. I've been watching Grand Tour on it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
No. LG B6 from BB. The earliest delivery that they have for me is Dec 6. I just cancelled the order. Will visit a store tomorrow to pick up. If there's none, I guess I won't be buying any.
May the debt Gods have no mercy on thee.

A few days ago. You have to go on amazon.com though and login. I just watched episode 2 of GT today. Maybe, it's just that show?

Awesome. I bought an Echo Dot from the US store about a few weeks ago and used a free trial of the U.S. Prime for the shipping discount. I left the trial active to watch some prime video before the trial ended, but I guess I can go ahead and cancel it now so that I don't accidentally forget.

m23

Awesome. I bought an Echo Dot from the US store about a few weeks ago and used a free trial of the U.S. Prime for the shipping discount. I left the trial active to watch some prime video before the trial ended, but I guess I can go ahead and cancel it now so that I don't accidentally forget.

It might just be Grand Tour, so I'm not entirely sure if you want to cancel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom